All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

There is one hammock. I did not see any cushions at all on the lounges, actually.

I could have sworn there were two hammocks - one on each side?

I have to say though, if the weather had of been a bit warmer going to Orlando and coming back to Baltimore, I would have really enojoyed the Serenity area. I found it to be really well laid out and quiet. I even saw someone getting kicked out with their kids ;)

Got off the Pride on Sun.

2 hammocks and cushions on almost everything.

In Dec, the were no hammocks, no cushions and no 2 people chair thingys with the pull over top. Now, there are all of those things. Sorry, didn't take any pics of serenity this time around..only went out there twice.

I'm sure my answer is here but I'm not able to locate it. Are heating pads and power strips allowed on the Pride? How many outlets are in an interior room? Where can I download a map of the ship? If I didn't book excursions online what's my chance for booking onboard the ship and should that be my first stop? I am very much a planner trying to go with the flow but I'm quickly realizing that's just not who I am! Please help me...

How long of a taxi ride is it to the airport when you get off the ship? Is it a flat rate or set price? What's the earliest flight you would book going home?

When we got off the ship- they were still calling Self assist and were only on deck 6 and it was after 10:30

Will you be doing self assist-? if so I would not do a flight before noon.

and putting out luggage-- nothing before 2pm.

This ship has "problems" with docking before 8:30am. We docked at 9and cleared by 9:30.

We took a taxi to the peir from the train station and the sign there said the Airport was flat rate at 30.00. Now I can not tell you if that is per person or per cab

I'm sure my answer is here but I'm not able to locate it. Are heating pads and power strips allowed on the Pride? How many outlets are in an interior room? Where can I download a map of the ship? If I didn't book excursions online what's my chance for booking onboard the ship and should that be my first stop? I am very much a planner trying to go with the flow but I'm quickly realizing that's just not who I am! Please help me...

your heating pad should be taken from you. According to the FAQs on their web site no heating items allowed. (we took an extension cord since reading so many people had the power strips taken.

you will be given a small hand held map when you board. There are maps located at every elevator but studing the map on Carnival web site to know where you are going before you get there helps.

Just know that most entertainment is on deck 3/4

How long of a taxi ride is it to the airport when you get off the ship? Is it a flat rate or set price? What's the earliest flight you would book going home?

Not sure about cost but it's about 12-15 to the port.

As far as leaving, it really depends on if you're planning on self debarkation. We've done self twice and are usually off the ship around 11 - 11:30. I have no idea how much longer it would take with regular debarkation. I don't think I'd be comfortable with a flight before 3 pm.

Here's a printable map of the ship (thanks, Kerryman50), if you want one before you get onboard:

http://www.unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/images/0/00/Carnival_Pride.pdf

Our small power strip has always been allowed. Heating pad, as a PP said, will most likely not be allowed.

I don't know how many outlets in an interior room - probably just one or two, most likely located at the desk (and one in the bathroom, labled "shavers only").

They will be doing a shore excursion talk onboard, probably on the first Sea Day, most likely in the Taj Mahal Theatre. They'll give you a sales pitch, answer questions and try hard to sell their excursions. Some may already be sold out by the time of sailing. But if you're not set on one particular excursion, no need to panic. There will be plenty of spaces left in many of them.

Happy Sails!:)

Edited to say: Sorry about my font size. Something is going screwy and I can't fix it. :(

Edited by ShakyBeef

• 2 weeks later...
Has the ship converted now to flat panels ? DVD's ? Depart on the 20th and Grandkids want to know if DVD's will work w/o other apparatus required. Thx

no and no.

Tell the grand kids they will be out and about and no time to see the DVD's. There are three movies shown on different stations 24 hours continually.

There is also a kids cartoon station.

• 11 months later...

Is there a house band on the pride? We have been on the Miracle several times and really enjoyed sitting in Fankie and Johnnys and listening to Music Unlimited. But looking at the FunTimes of other reveiws it doesnt appear they have a band.

We booked our stay for 5/11 and 9/11 at Days Inn, Glen Burnie --- although I've not stayed at the La Quinta -- I did have posters reply to say Glen Burnie is a nice area. That helped make my decision to book.

Hi,

Just returned from a Balt cruise and stayed at Days Inn...never again!!!

The shuttle is a real problem... They had 70 pax to shuttle, and only had a smallish 8 pax van for each round trip...It was 30-40 mins round trip....

Had to wait a half hour for shuttle to ship...OK=not so bad.

BUT, the return trip was a zoo, people fighting for the 8 available seats. Confusion and chaos... I called and said they would be there in a half hour,hmm:rolleyes:

When it arrived, no one seem to know where to assemble and the van drove right on by us:mad:

We ended up paying for a taxi $30-$40 depending on the taxi, so as to get on the road for a long drive.

So much for FREE shuttle...

...and only got an unsympathetic MGR...

He indicated they were not prepared for the numbers, and the MGR replied that he did not want to pay for a larger transport vehicle, tho it was available.:confused:

I guess If you don't mind waiting and competing with your fellow cruisers for next seat on the shuttle, or avoiding peak times, then you'd be OK. I really try to avoid post-cruise stress after a great vacation.

Ok hotel otherwise.

Mike

Edited by manmtnmike

Is there a house band on the pride? We have been on the Miracle several times and really enjoyed sitting in Fankie and Johnnys and listening to Music Unlimited. But looking at the FunTimes of other reveiws it doesnt appear they have a band.

I'd love to know the answer to that question as well?? We too sailed on the Miracle and loved the band at Frankie & Johnnys!! Fingers crossed they have one aboard the Pride just as good!

• 1 month later...

One thing I haven't seen much mentioned about here is the afternoon tea. It's held in the MDR on sea days and the time is listed in FunTimes. Most people are dressed casually. Although they are a little different than the ones served at tea in the UK, the little scones are delicious. they offer assorted flavors of tea and everyone got a little pot of hot water. There are small tea sandwiches and tarts, cake, etc. - all delicious. Coffee is also available. I always enjoy this little break from all the activities that are going on daily on a cruise ship. Pride had the best goodies of the 3 Carnival ships I've where I've had tea.

Ithought they did and they played in the butterfly lounge? but now Im sure that is used for comedy so not sure if they moved the band or got a smaller one for a smaller room like the starry nights? I let you know soon :D

• 5 months later...
Sailing on the pride in November.. counting down the days. It's been a few years since we last sailed on the pride.(before they added serenity area) I'm super excited!.. Anyone with recently returned? pictures would be great!

The serenity area is great. Love the hammocks. Get there early as it's a pretty popular spot.