All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

• 2 months later...
We are really looking forward to cruising on the Pride - our first cruise from a home port ..... Going to be nice to pack my suitcases and not worry about where the heck my liquids are ;)

We like being able to drive to our port and were smitten with the Pride. Have a great cruise!

The serenity area is great. Love the hammocks. Get there early as it's a pretty popular spot.

DW and I really liked the round loungers. I didn't try the hammocks because I would have looked like a gooney bird trying to get into one:rolleyes:.

• 4 weeks later...

i saw somewhere on 1 of these boards (no heat on the Chrismtas cruise) recently that the Pride has no individial heat in the cabins. They said you can turn the AC off, but no where does heat come out of the vent. Can anyone verify this for me. Did anyone have trouble with their cabins being cold when leaving or returning to Baltimore? My DH thinks i'm crazy for reading these boards for hours to research, but he just may think differently if in fact this is the case so we can prepare and warmer clothes along.

Thanks for everyones input on this thread. We said the Pride in just 29 days. Getting super excited.

We are really looking forward to cruising on the Pride - our first cruise from a home port ..... Going to be nice to pack my suitcases and not worry about where the heck my liquids are ;)

This will be our 1st home port cruise too! Super nice not having to worry about how much luggage we have to check and as you mentioned, what goes into carry on and what gets checked. We usually fly to Miami via BWI, now we'll be getting right on the boat in Baltimore!!!!:)

i saw somewhere on 1 of these boards (no heat on the Chrismtas cruise) recently that the Pride has no individial heat in the cabins. They said you can turn the AC off, but no where does heat come out of the vent. Can anyone verify this for me. Did anyone have trouble with their cabins being cold when leaving or returning to Baltimore? My DH thinks i'm crazy for reading these boards for hours to research, but he just may think differently if in fact this is the case so we can prepare and warmer clothes along.

Thanks for everyones input on this thread. We said the Pride in just 29 days. Getting super excited.

Hi! I'm on the Pride cruise after yours. As you can see from my signature, we've cruised out of Baltimore in the winter several times. We've never had a problem with the cabin being too cold. In fact, I find the heat to be cranked up maybe a little too high. It tends to be very drying to the skin and sinuses.:o

Hi! I'm on the Pride cruise after yours. As you can see from my signature, we've cruised out of Baltimore in the winter several times. We've never had a problem with the cabin being too cold. In fact, I find the heat to be cranked up maybe a little too high. It tends to be very drying to the skin and sinuses.:o

Thank you for the quick response!!

I have read this thread through and it is great to see all the positive pride comments. I was on the Valour in2010 and one of the things dh and I loved about the mdr menu was the home cooking favorites (fried chicken, meatloaf ). I know it seems weird but for a picky it was nice to know there was fall back items to choose from. Was that just a Valour thing because all the posts and pics I have seen about the menu on the pride do not show them?

I have read this thread through and it is great to see all the positive pride comments. I was on the Valour in2010 and one of the things dh and I loved about the mdr menu was the home cooking favorites (fried chicken, meatloaf ). I know it seems weird but for a picky it was nice to know there was fall back items to choose from. Was that just a Valour thing because all the posts and pics I have seen about the menu on the pride do not show them?

No worries - the menu is fleetwide. You'll be able to get the mac n' cheese, meatloaf, fried chicken, etc. on the Pride as well.:)

We just got off the Pride on the 30th. We were in an aft suite on deck 7. As far as the vibrations, the one thing we noticed was that you could definitely tell the difference between being at sea & getting into port (except for being at sea between Freeport & Baltimore, it was a little rough, but not bad). Also, some nights there was knocking noises. We actually kept the TV on all night one of the nights. The noises were worse the lower the knots the ship was doing. Regarding the temperature, the temperature seemed to be cooler when the temps were cooler outside & vice versa. Hope this helps. I still love Carnival & will be doing another cruise. :)

• 1 month later...

The more I read about the Pride - the more excited I am to be cruising on her in October.;);)

I have always disliked the layout of other Carnival ships I have been on, but this one sounds like it will be SO much easier to get around on :o

Come on, October!!!

i saw somewhere on 1 of these boards (no heat on the Chrismtas cruise) recently that the Pride has no individial heat in the cabins. They said you can turn the AC off, but no where does heat come out of the vent. Can anyone verify this for me.

Just got off the Pride today. We had no control over the temperature in our cabin, other than to open the balcony door. Nor did my mother in law in her cabin. Basically we found it uncomfortably warm when trying to sleep, although for some reason around 6 in the morning it seemed to cool off.

Great ship though, in really nice condition, lots of public space and a super staff.

Edited by thehip

So excited to be going on my second Carnival cruise next January on the Pride. I've been driving my DH crazy with my daily countdown. We are driving in the day before from Ohio and we(well I) keep flip flopping on which hotel to stay at. Was first set on the Holiday Inn Express at the Stadiums, but have been hearing some really awful things about it lately. So currently leaning toward The Fairfield Inn and Suites White Marsh. Has anyone ever stayed there?

Also - for the Feb 17th-24th cruise, we did not get on board until about 1:30. The entire waiting area was packed with people. Apparently they previous cruise had some issues disembarking, not entirely sure, but people were waiting a long time in the holding area.

I havent been on the forum in awhile, because I thought I wasn't going to be able to cruise until late summer, or early fall. Well, things changed quickly as of last night, and I'm looking to book a cruise in the next few days. I'm looking at the Pride, Breeze and Valor, in mid-March, with the later being determined by airfare. This is a last minute getaway for some rest and relaxation, so ship and itinerary are not as important as price. I was on the Miracle this summer, so I kind of know what to expect on the Pride. Hopefully, I'll come back later with some good news!!!

Happy sailing!!!!!