All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

Thanks for replying -- it's a milestone birthday for me on this trip, and I have the urge to do door decorations and make a big deal, especially since I picked the trip w/o any input from my family LOL. My birthday, my choice!

The room decorations on Carnival ae nice. My family surprised me when I sailed on my birthday and had the room decorations, chocolate covered strawberries and drink coupons waiting for me. It was my first time I cruised solo and it was my first birthday spent w/o family. They also had champagne and a cake sent to the table at dinner.

Stacy

Sent from my iPhone

Sailaway isn't until 4:30, so it sounds like we'll have plenty of time to eat and get out on deck in time to pass under the bridge. Oh, and yes, the Chesapeake Bay Bridge!

Sailaway is at 4:00PM, isn't it? That would make it closer to 4 hours than 3 to the bridge (3 1/4). From past experience (both on the Pride, and on the Bridge, passing over the Pride), the Pride has passed under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge (not to be confused with the CBB&T;)) at about 7:45, or a little earlier. One time it was exactly at 7:42 as I was driving over the Bridge with Pride passing below me. Pretty cool view.:)

It should be towards the end of early dining. If you hurry through dinner, you might be able to get out on deck to see it.:o

I find the neatest Caribbean party type decorations for the cabin and the door at the dollar store. I can get quite a bit of stuff there real cheap. During the cabin crawl on my Glory cruise this past June everyone LOVED how our room was decorated. The best part was it was less than 10 bucks :D!

The room decorations on Carnival ae nice. My family surprised me when I sailed on my birthday and had the room decorations, chocolate covered strawberries and drink coupons waiting for me. It was my first time I cruised solo and it was my first birthday spent w/o family. They also had champagne and a cake sent to the table at dinner.

Stacy

They are, aren't they?! A friend had mine decorated when we sailed in 2010. We discovered this last cruise that it is SO much cheaper to order the chocolate covered strawberries once you are on the boat, so I am sure I will order some to be delivered on my birthday! I won't order my own "in cabin" decorations though -- some family member (or friend) will have to order them for me!

They are, aren't they?! A friend had mine decorated when we sailed in 2010. We discovered this last cruise that it is SO much cheaper to order the chocolate covered strawberries once you are on the boat, so I am sure I will order some to be delivered on my birthday! I won't order my own "in cabin" decorations though -- some family member (or friend) will have to order them for me!

I am thinking about decorating my room for my milestone birthday cruise in November. It is also my best friends birthday cruise too. It is her first cruise so I am debating on Birthday or Bon Voyage decorations.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We went on a Disney cruise last year and I had read online that it is standard to decorate your door. We changed decorations every day with magnets (don't know If the Pride has magnetic doors) and put a dry erase board outside the door. We got wonderful

messages about our decorations! I just

Laminated some pictures of disney characters and bought a dry erase board with princesses on it. Fun and cheap! We just took our 2nd trip on the Wonderful Pride and noticed some folks had their doors decorated also! Just an idea....

We went on a Disney cruise last year and I had read online that it is standard to decorate your door. We changed decorations every day with magnets (don't know If the Pride has magnetic doors) and put a dry erase board outside the door. We got wonderful

messages about our decorations! I just

Laminated some pictures of disney characters and bought a dry erase board with princesses on it. Fun and cheap! We just took our 2nd trip on the Wonderful Pride and noticed some folks had their doors decorated also! Just an idea....

Neat idea!

Please look for my in depth review of our Pride vacation June 9-16 on the regular cruise critic member reviews! It will be ready soon but the Pride was incredible again!

Please look for my in depth review of our Pride vacation June 9-16 on the regular cruise critic member reviews! It will be ready soon but the Pride was incredible again!

Will do. thanks!

Laura:

Looking forward to your Pride review...hoping it'll be soon!!! I'll be on her 8/25!!!

Can anyone tell me about the fridges in the balcony rooms on the Pride? My son has a medication that I need to take onboard and I spoke with guest services who said that the fridge was actually a mini bar... I'm confused... Is it a fridge or not? I want the mess in the room in case of an emergency where I can't get to the doctor area quick enough, and they said there are no fridges available for guest rooms... His medicine is small and just needs to be kept around 70 degrees do you think I could slip it in the "mini-bar fridge-like" thing ... Any thoughts?

Can anyone tell me about the fridges in the balcony rooms on the Pride? My son has a medication that I need to take onboard and I spoke with guest services who said that the fridge was actually a mini bar... I'm confused... Is it a fridge or not? I want the mess in the room in case of an emergency where I can't get to the doctor area quick enough, and they said there are no fridges available for guest rooms... His medicine is small and just needs to be kept around 70 degrees do you think I could slip it in the "mini-bar fridge-like" thing ... Any thoughts?

It is a mini fridge with about a case of sodas in them. You can take all the sodas out and either give them to the room steward or place them in the closet and use the fridge for your own use. We take all the sods out and put our own in. Just make sure you count the number of sodas that were in there and make sure they don't try to charge you for any.

We are sailing in 22 days, and I am so excited! It will be our first time on the Pride. I like to plan things day at a time; so I was wondering if and where I can get a copy of the Fun Days ahead of time. For example, when we board on Sunday where can I go to get Monday's copy; so I can plan the day while sipping my cocktail! lol

One of the things I am most interested in is the gym schedule ie. classes and times. I also want to go to that shopping talk thing that I believe happens the first or second day on board?

We are sailing on Pride on 10/6/2013 and while we are on board we like to book our cruise for the following October. We are either going to book the Pride again or the Splendor out of New York. My question to anyone who might know is when will Pride be getting her 2.0 upgrades done and which ones will she have ie: Guy's Burgers?(Sorry if this has already been asked on this thread). Thanks Gary