Eek- have I booked a really badly located cabin on Oceana? Honest opinions, please.

Jules.

It's B314, an inside twin on cruise E110 to Norway from Southampton.

I will be sharing with my 66 yo mum.

It was a good price, so that's not what I'm really worried about.

What I'm bothered about is what's in the rectangular space behind our cabin? I notice it has 4 doors leading into it, & it goes up 1 deck & down 2 decks.

When I booked I presumed it was a storage room for bedding/ things that the stewards need for the cabins, but now I have a sneaking suspicion that it is a stairway for the crew to use :eek: possibly for room service etc. & I'm really worried that there will be lots of foot traffic & slamming of doors at all hours of the day & night.

Has anyone stayed near this cabin, & can you tell me what this space is, & if you'd recommend I change cabins before I embark on a horror cruise? All advice is very welcome as I really need my sleep. I use earplugs when on holiday, would these be enough to block out noise if need be in this cabin?

Thanks!

Not sure of this helps, but we were in cabin A318 in August which is in more or less the same area as your cabin but a balcony cabin on the deck above.

The area you mention is a stairway for crew (and passengers in an emergency) and though our door was very close to it we were never bothered by any noise at all throughout the 14 days. We found the area ideal for us on deck A as it was near the front and as a result not a lot of passengers went past us - we were also relatively close to the main stairs and lifts. The only noise that drove me to distraction was the announcements 'in the corridor' by the Capt at about 7am (or earlier) when we'd decided to have a lie in !

Hope this is helpful (if only to put your mind at rest a little)

Have a great cruise

Archived