Eclipse Caribbean Dress

JoanneCam

Hi,

Due to take my first "real' Celebrity cruise in a few weeks (did the Xpedition last year with only 90 other passengers), have read many of the threads regarding dining room and specialty dress codes and am still a bit confused. We have done many Windstar and a few Oceania cruises in the Caribbean and felt very comfortable wearing the standard flowered shirts and slacks for either of us (not matching!) as well as sundresses for me and polo shirts for my husband to dinner at any venue. We like to travel as light as possible. Would this resort style of dress be acceptable for the large Celebrity ships like the Elclipse or will we feel out of place? I understand the formal nights require jackets and ties. Thanks in advance and sorry to be the author of yet another thread on the controversial topic of dress! Joanne

Formal nights in the MDR request Tux or suit however more and more men are wearing jacket, shirt and tie. Specialty dining rooms are now all smart casual which means your dress is appropriate. Theater also requests smart casual on all nights..

Hi,

Due to take my first "real' Celebrity cruise in a few weeks (did the Xpedition last year with only 90 other passengers), have read many of the threads regarding dining room and specialty dress codes and am still a bit confused. We have done many Windstar and a few Oceania cruises in the Caribbean and felt very comfortable wearing the standard flowered shirts and slacks for either of us (not matching!) as well as sundresses for me and polo shirts for my husband to dinner at any venue. We like to travel as light as possible. Would this resort style of dress be acceptable for the large Celebrity ships like the Elclipse or will we feel out of place? I understand the formal nights require jackets and ties. Thanks in advance and sorry to be the author of yet another thread on the controversial topic of dress! Joanne

Regarding dress code onboard ship go to this link:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/whyceleb/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=0000kRu5bhxjxX4gTrJBESEinxh:12h3rnd1c?pagename=proper_dining_attire

for specifics regarding attire at meals:

Examples of "Smart Casual and Above" and "Formal" attire include:

Smart Casual and Above

Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip flops are not allowed in the evening hours. Additionally, guests are asked to follow the "Smart Casual and Above" dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.

Formal

Ladies: Cocktail dress, gown or dressy pantsuit

Gentlemen: Tuxedo, suit or dinner jacket with slacks

Note-it states that suit or dinner jacket with slacks is acceptable for formal nights-does not say tie is required. on our recent Solstice cruise a few men were wearing tuxes but not many

Thanks for the quick replies. I have read the official spin from Celebrity regarding dress but "Smart Casual" to me may be different than your definition. What I am looking for is reassurance from someone who has already cruised with Celebrity that the sort of dress I describe will not be out of place in the MDR or specialty restaurants, or my husband and I will have to rethink our strategy. Thanks again.

JoanneCam - your proposed attire will be 100% acceptable anywhere on the ship on any night, the only caveat being that on my recent (12/18 - 12/26) Eclipse cruise, we opted for specialty dining on both formal nights and I therefore did not eat in - and cannot comment on - the MDR. Hope that helps.

We had cruised Windstar 5 times before our first cruise on Solstice. You will be quite comfortable in your "Windstar" style attire. I cannot speak to what will happen if your husband goes to MDR on formal night sans Jacket but in Blu there were some men dining without jackets on formal night.

Thanks for the quick replies. I have read the official spin from Celebrity regarding dress but "Smart Casual" to me may be different than your definition. What I am looking for is reassurance from someone who has already cruised with Celebrity that the sort of dress I describe will not be out of place in the MDR or specialty restaurants, or my husband and I will have to rethink our strategy. Thanks again.

I will also concur that with the exception of formal nights, you suggested attire will fit in perfectly.

Archived