Time to Rhyme! Cruisinetta's building the Rhymedam!

Spinner2

Lynn, It's beautiful as always & confident you've got another winner..Wish we could see it in person..

Another cold front came thru last night..Going down again tonight..Wish it would warm up here...Our elec. bill was an unheard of amt last month..(Over $400)

Hope it's warmer for you down there..Enjoy your cruise..

Cheers..Betty.

These are the pictures Cruisinetta sent yesterday; I couldn't post them until last night and then I couldn't get in here at all!

Cruisinetta said, when she sent them: "Had a fabulous snorkel this morning in Honduras. Was one of the best snorkel excursions I have ever been on. I recommend Routon big time. Anyway, lots of work got done this morning before I left for my snorkel trip."

I'd say she did!

rhymedam8.jpg

Some close-ups:

rhymedam8a.jpg

For those of you who haven't seen an entry in the Shipbuilding Contest, there has to be a place on the ship to put the "cargo" (soda cans) that will prove its seaworthiness at the sea trials. Here you can see where those cans will go:

rhymedam8b.jpg

rhymedam8c.jpg

Ha, ha! Joanie! I see you noticed the shopping too.

I included the enlargement that includes the bag so we could guess what she could get there that would provide materials for the ship. Or did she buy something for herself?

Let us know, Cruisinetta!

Ha, ha! Joanie! I see you noticed the shopping too.

I included the enlargement that includes the bag so we could guess what she could get there that would provide materials for the ship. Or did she buy something for herself?

Let us know, Cruisinetta!

LOL, now we can began the: Maybe she bought.... at Trader Joe's???

I am gonna guess a T'shirt:)

Joanie

I can't wait to see photos of her inaugural sail.

As for materials, I saw Scotch Tape and Elmers glue LOL. I thought at first that she was using popsicle sticks, but then I saw some said HAL on them so I dont recall seeing those unless they are from a bar as I didn't go to the bars (i know i know lol).

Whatever it's made out of, it's awesome!

. . . with the perishable elements added:

rhymedam-final.jpg

That's her contest entry blank in front of the ship; I can read some of it so later, if Cruisinetta doesn't mind giving away some of her "trade secrets" I'll be glad to post what I can read. Or she might be able to provide the whole thing.

Sea trials should be underway now! (Saturday, January 8, 12:55 EST)

The internet is extremely slow today so I only sent one pic to Spinner2. When I get home tomorrow,I will send pics of the other ships. There were four ships and the Rhymedam WON!!!

WTG once again Lynn!!!! No One and I do mean NO ONE knows how to buid them like you do:)!!!

Joanie

Cruisinetta will send more pics tomorrow, probably, answer questions, etc. It's a lot easier to do that from home.

rhymedamwinner.jpg

Just look how level the ms Rhymedam sits in the water, even though the waves are churning all around!

That's one of the marks of a master builder, I'd say! It must be very hard to get the weight on each side of the ship so similar that the ship sits straight. Notice that even though it's built on cardboard soft drink cartons there are no signs of waterlogging. The plastic she uses on the hull really does the job.

P.S. The wave action in the jacuzzi tends to push all of the ships in toward the edge of the pool.

Cruisinetta will send more pics tomorrow, probably, answer questions, etc. It's a lot easier to do that from home.

rhymedamwinner.jpg

Just look how level the ms Rhymedam sits in the water, even though the waves are churning all around!

That's one of the marks of a master builder, I'd say! It must be very hard to get the weight on each side of the ship so similar that the ship sits straight. Notice that even though it's built on cardboard soft drink cartons there are no signs of waterlogging. The plastic she uses on the hull really does the job.

P.S. The wave action in the jacuzzi tends to push all of the ships in toward the edge of the pool.

Even having posted the ship building of one of Lynn's ships previously, I am still in awe of just how gorgeous and realistic her ships all are!!!!

I cannot wait for 3 more months for the Sheepledam "baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!":D, but I know I have to:(

Another GREAT job Lynn!!!

Joanie

Hi all. I am back home and I just want to say the Ryndam is my favorite ship. I had so much fun and the ports were out of this world. I will be sending Spinner2 more pics of the other ships as soon as I get my feet back on the ground. Thanks for all the kind words and support.

We must have been walking around in a daze on our two previous HAL cruises, since this is the first time DH or I have heard of this contest. Does the "seaworthy contest" occur on all voyages? How do you find out whether there will be a contest on a particular sailing? Where do you go to pick up an entry? Front desk?

Wow! That model was unbelivable! Congratulations!

DH is eager to try his hand on our next cruise (Veendam in July). At least it may keep him out of those Microsoft technology courses which is all he did on this last cruise. I really can't complain 'cause all I did was enjoy the spa package. Maybe these are the reasons we're clueless about the contest.:o LOL.

Archived