Visa Royal Caribbean Credit Card

I have the Visa Royal Caribbean Credit Card which I have used towards on board credits and free cruises. I was wondering if I can get points using it towards paying off a loan or do you just get the points on purchases only?

If you are saying you want to transfer debt to your credit card from a loan, then no points.

Charges only

Sadly you only get points for purchases..not for balance transfer's or other similar transactions...I know I was going to use one of the convience checks they send you to buy a car & when I called to see if I would get points for the check was told no...:( bummer...would have been a nice little chunk of points!

If the holder of your loan will take the credit card as payment and run it as a regular transaction, you get the points.

I had a customer buy a new car and used her Airline points card to pay the first $10,000.00, and took out a loan for the rest. As soon as the charge posted, she paid it off and used the credit card to pay off the note. She ended up getting points for the entire purchase of the car.

Archived