Deliziosa Photos

TRIXON

Just a few photos of the Deliziosa. What a fantastic ship the size is unbelievable.

The last photo is of the QE11 which is docked in Dubai. It is like a little toy compered to the Deliziosa.

Hope the photo attachment has worked.912559980_DubaicruiseDec2010230.jpg.b86b08a9daaad4f8ece37831c526bf3b.jpg

185104389_DubaicruiseDec2010300.jpg.b8af1ca9d6213ff310a5149197289668.jpg

1067147252_DubaicruiseDec2010002.jpg.bc105598d5b5b0e9b3a5298e73bfcc4f.jpg

1818715636_DubaicruiseDec2010326.jpg.4d9b3b4502b8dbc2524367d0f38d5fc3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the Deliziosa is very similar in size and looks to the Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth though i doubt the Interior will be as bland as the QV !

We are booked on the Deliziosa later this year, anthing we need to know about ?

At 92,000 tons it is also a similar weight in Gross tonnage although a baby size wise compared to the Oasis of the seas.

Looks like the Deliziosa is very similar in size and looks to the Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth though i doubt the Interior will be as bland as the QV !

We are booked on the Deliziosa later this year, anthing we need to know about ?

At 92,000 tons it is also a similar weight in Gross tonnage although a baby size wise compared to the Oasis of the seas.

It is massive. My husband (Musician) who has worked on mostly P & O cruises says it is too big.

We had a good holiday the Ship was very clean and spacious. The Cabin staff were very good and the MDR waiters were absolutely fantastic.

If you like coffee after your evening meal, dont forget to ask for some after your meal. From then on they will have placed your cup & saucer there after every meal.

The coffee is not out of this world but as good as you would get in an English restaurant.

We only did the one excursion and were dissapointed, it was over priced and not done well, for all the other Ports of call we did our own thing.

Always try to do a bit of homework with maps etc; as Costa maps and information about ports is lacking.

I am sure you will enjoy the ship the entertainment and the food are very similar. You will always find something you like. I guess that follows for any holiday really.

Have a great time and if you have any questions just ask.

Maggie:rolleyes:

Hi Maggie .... thanks for the reply,i read through the Reviews last night and its good to see they went from not good at the start to really good towards the end though i guess on the first few cruises like any ship things would not be running smoothly and everyone has a different view of their cruise.

We were on Oasis last October so i guess the Deliziosa will be like a Baby ship in comparison lol ... :D

Other than the usual ie Drinks,speciality restaurants oh and is it still 2 Euro for Room Service? what else do you have to pay extra for on the ship ?

Because it is only a short cruise ie 5 days and the calls are short time wise ... at Naples (been before) Malta, tunis (if it goes) and Corsica, we will do our own thing which we have done mainly on our other cruises and as you say we usually print maps and directions out before we go.

How did you find the food ?

Hi sidari

The food was so bland in the MDR and the buffet,the selection of food on the buffet was so small aswell,only pizza available after 9.00 pm unless you wait until midnight on a gala night when there was a good selection,but compare to all other lines this was very poor for food,also Costa charge extra for everything they can when onboard,even ping pong balls,so I least I know that Costa and Msc will not be for me or my wife,just my opinion though folks !!!

Hi Maggie .... thanks for the reply,i read through the Reviews last night and its good to see they went from not good at the start to really good towards the end though i guess on the first few cruises like any ship things would not be running smoothly and everyone has a different view of their cruise.

We were on Oasis last October so i guess the Deliziosa will be like a Baby ship in comparison lol ... :D

Other than the usual ie Drinks,speciality restaurants oh and is it still 2 Euro for Room Service? what else do you have to pay extra for on the ship ?

Because it is only a short cruise ie 5 days and the calls are short time wise ... at Naples (been before) Malta, tunis (if it goes) and Corsica, we will do our own thing which we have done mainly on our other cruises and as you say we usually print maps and directions out before we go.

How did you find the food ?

The food was fine for us. There is always something that you can eat from the Menu selection. We ate in the MDR every evening and the waiters were very very good.

If you didnt like a certain course they would bring you something else.

I loved all the fruit that was available. We did not eat in the MDR at lunch time and found the very good selection of fish/chicken/pasta/ pizza and salads really good up on deck 9. You have to walk around the various parts to find Hot meals as well. As I had read on here before we sailed, the ice-cream in the self service area is watery this is true.

We didnt spend much extra on board.

We took advantage of the 23 euro bag of clothes (20 items) washed and ironed.

I used the internet which is

8 euros for 1 hour plus the 3 euros to register which they dont tell you about the registering until you see it on your bill. You can use the hour up however you wish in 3 or 4 goes. We dont drink enough wine to warrant us purchasing a wine package. Many of the passengers around us had jugs of iced water. The water is fine to drink no need to buy bottled.

We purchased our Spirits in their duty free shop and were allowed to take it to our cabin. I dont think this is the case on some of the other ships but we were OK.

All in all we did enjoy the holiday we made good friends who we are still in touch with.

I think it is the organising staff and the staff on reception who could do with a few lessons in Customer Care.

Hope you have a good time.

Maggie :) :):rolleyes:

Hi Maggie .... thanks for the reply to my questions, i have read the reviews on here of those who have been on the ship and some came up with the same issues though the later ones are more encouraging with regard to some of the issues raised such as food,Temp of the food etc.

I did read one on another site that said you have to pay extra for after Dinner Coffee is that True ? I have looked through a Costa Brochure from last year but so far have found anything that tells you, also do you know if you have to pay to use the Rollerskates ? we have a small obc for this trip which may pay for a cocktail or 2.

The Ice cream has been mentioned in quite a few of the reviews and at least that seems to be consistant lol .... :)

We do not drink wine at Dinner or beer but always have water, our TA called Costa today to find out about the Drinks packages but she was told that they are not available on short cruises! not that 5 nights is short.

Dave and Kerry

Hi Maggie .... thanks for the reply to my questions, i have read the reviews on here of those who have been on the ship and some came up with the same issues though the later ones are more encouraging with regard to some of the issues raised such as food,Temp of the food etc.

I did read one on another site that said you have to pay extra for after Dinner Coffee is that True ? I have looked through a Costa Brochure from last year but so far have found anything that tells you, also do you know if you have to pay to use the Rollerskates ? we have a small obc for this trip which may pay for a cocktail or 2.

The Ice cream has been mentioned in quite a few of the reviews and at least that seems to be consistant lol .... :)

We do not drink wine at Dinner or beer but always have water, our TA called Costa today to find out about the Drinks packages but she was told that they are not available on short cruises! not that 5 nights is short.

Dave and Kerry

Hi Dave & Kerry

We where on the Deliziosa last year in the Baltics & med for 3 cruise back to back and we had the mots fantastic time.

YOu should contact Costa direct in regard to the drinks packages that are available, as that is what we did, got the info and then booked through our TA, we had the X1 which suited our family. I would find it very strange if they did not offer a drinks package on a 5 night cruise.

I do not remember having to pay for coffee after dinner.

Most nights they had a cocktail happy hour, where you where able to get two cocktails for the price on one. (same cocktail).

You did need to pay for the roller skates, the price included a lesson, we only used them once as my DS totaly did not get the hang of them at all a total disaster....

We did not have any worries with the food in the MDR, we are not that fussy, but I always found something that I loved. The pasta was always great. Our waiter & his assistant where just the best.

Our room steward was a gem, our cabin was always perfect.

Our English speaking hostess was Rebekah and she was the greatest.

All in all we loved the Deliziosa and will travel on here again.

Cheers

D

Hi D .... Thanks for the reply, we have last years brochure where it mentions the X1 package as being £9-60 per day per Adult, because we are not big drinkers do you know if it is possible to pay for a given number of days or do you have to pay for the whole cruise ?

The only packages that appear on their website for our booking are the Wine and Gift ones! so we reckon that what our TA (we use her all the time) said after ringing Costa is probably right.

Dave and Kerry

Hi D .... Thanks for the reply, we have last years brochure where it mentions the X1 package as being £9-60 per day per Adult, because we are not big drinkers do you know if it is possible to pay for a given number of days or do you have to pay for the whole cruise ?

The only packages that appear on their website for our booking are the Wine and Gift ones! so we reckon that what our TA (we use her all the time) said after ringing Costa is probably right.

Dave and Kerry

You have to pay for the whole cruise not just individual days with the packages.

The coffee in the MDR is free but as I have said before you have to ask your waiter for it.:rolleyes:

Dave and Kerry

Hi Dave & Kerry

If you purchase a drinks package, it will be for the entire cruise, all of the members of your family that are travelling on your booking will need to have the package that you book, ie we travelled with our kids and we all had to have the X1. I think that once on board you can purchase drink cards. We found the X1 good value for us as we like to have a bottle of wine and my DH enjoys a beer of two with his dinner, and the kids could drink as much as they soft drink as they wanted at meal times as well as juice in MDR at dinner time.

We phoned & emailed Costa direct and got the information that we required and then booked through our TA. It all worked out very well.

Cheers D

Cruisin D .... thanks for that info, i mailed Costa and asked about the packages ... considering their New Brochure is on their website, their reply was that until they know the Itineries for 2011/12 they have not decided about drink packages! how very odd ?

Cruisin D .... thanks for that info, i mailed Costa and asked about the packages ... considering their New Brochure is on their website, their reply was that until they know the Itineries for 2011/12 they have not decided about drink packages! how very odd ?

Where is the new broschure on Costa UK Web site?

The one at the bottom lefthand coerner is from February 2010.

Ron

Having done several Cruises on different ships Luminosa is my favourite (sister Ship).

Cabin was great, company on board ship was wonderful and we were on a table with other brits and we enjoyed every evening.

Would go back on the Luminosa or Deliziosa tomorrow. Fingers crossed we will be travelling with them again this year.

Archived