another possible winter storm in the Northeast?

G&TQ

Looks like they're back and forth with the models and radars right now. Earlier it was going to start on Thursday with flurries going into Friday, and the snow showers on Saturday. Now it's suppose to start with flurries on Friday and Saturday. They think it's going to move through the area with very little to no accumulation, and move out to see where it will build up strength before heading up to New England. Ofcourse we all know that this is speculation!!!!!

We have the first SW flight out of Philly Saturday morning going to Orlando, and I've been checking other flight options and car rentals all day. I hope it's nothing because I really don't want to drive to Miami, although I will if I have to. Glad I purchased travel insurance when I booked also!!!

Sounds like it'll only amount to a few inches, which won't effect things too much at least this far north.

Just wanted to say hi to another Mainer! We are in the greater Brunswick area. I found another one of us on another thread this morning. I guess the Maine winter brings out the need to find warmer weather in us!

I got nervous and changed my flight from late in the day, Friday, to Thursday afternoon when the forecasts were really up in the air. Now, it looks like it won't be bad, but the weathermen have a tough time getting it right here in Massachusetts so I thought I'd rather be safe than sorry. Anyways, I'll have an extra day in Ft Lauderdale at my hotel on the beach :)

Just wanted to say hi to another Mainer! We are in the greater Brunswick area. I found another one of us on another thread this morning. I guess the Maine winter brings out the need to find warmer weather in us!

We're down in the Portland area, grew up in Bar Harbor, there are a few of us one here! Halos is always kicking around on the CCL boards. Ya, this is the time of year you really need a warm weather break:rolleyes:

I got nervous and changed my flight from late in the day, Friday, to Thursday afternoon when the forecasts were really up in the air. Now, it looks like it won't be bad, but the weathermen have a tough time getting it right here in Massachusetts so I thought I'd rather be safe than sorry. Anyways, I'll have an extra day in Ft Lauderdale at my hotel on the beach :)

I would have done the same thing and now you will be stress free and REALLY enjoy that extra day in Fort Lauderdale.

Me too- glad to see that I am not the only one being cautious! No way are we going to miss our cruise Saturday!

I live ouside Boston and am keeping an eye on my Century cruise for 1/15. Went thru this last year trying to avoid the blizzard that hit up here MLK Jr. weekend and was changing flights like crazy. My mom and I (me out of Boston and her out of NJ) barely made our cruise, and so whenever I stupidly book cruises in the winter or during hurrican season, I'm tracking the weather up to 2 weeks out. I'm THAT paranoid. (it's kind fun too, in a messed up sort of way...) :rolleyes:

Archived