Getting Engaged on the Radiance and just got a SUITE deal!

Ok well, We didn't plan on a cruise for her birthday but couldn't pass up the awesome deal for a Balcony guarantee. So we booked a few weeks ago. She doesn't know that I am going to ask her to marry me on her birthday. :) So we got our room assigned and seemed very nice. One witha larger balcony from what i could research, in the AFT section, 2nd from back.

So anyway, I get a savings cert in mail from RCI yesterday and figured I'd go look to see what was out there for later in the year, and I see a link on the travel website I use, that says Balconies & Suites 75% off. So i take a look and I see an amazing deal on a suite for our cruise coming up. Only a $100 more person from what I was already getting a good deal on a balcony. So I figured i could make the trip & proposal more special and surprise her with a suite. It was for a Suite Guarantee and heck if I get a Junior Suite which I suspect, that would be awesome and an amazing deal i think. So after a lot of holding my agent gets me booked. Well I get assigned a room today and I got a grande Suite!!!!! I'm so psyched as the best i ever stayed in was a balcony room and only once before. The suite looks amazing!!! Thsi will make the occasion extra special. My sister even gave me a great idea for teh proposal since mine was great but hard to pull off and wouldn't have been on her birthday but the next.

Anyway, wanted to share my excitement. Anyone tell me about some of the stuff that comes with a Grand Suite or how nice they are? Looks like i am mid-ship. Supposedly have access to a concierge lounge too and i think I'll get an extra cruise credit which will make me Platinum after this cruise. Anyone have any pics of a GS suite from an actual trip?

thanks

FM

ps: anyone sailing on the 1/27/11 sailing? We'll be celebrating!! :)

Wow! That's awesome!!! Congratulations!! :D

I just wanted to pass that on. I don't know anything about suites,as I have only ever had an inside cabin, but I can tell you if my hubby did something like that for me, I would be swept off my feet!

All the best and enjoy every moment!

Congratulations !!!!

We will always have a soft spot in our hearts for the Radiance.....we were married onboard in Alaska 3 years ago.

The crew are exceptional, the ship - beautiful.

Have a wonderful cruise!

A GS on Radiance is the best on the ship. We've been in a GS 3 times on Radiance. Are you port or starboard? If you don't want to tell your room number I can still tell you who your room steward might be if I know about where you are. Well, I only know starboard right now.

I actually got chills when you said you got a GS. Unfortunately we are getting off on the 27th after 10 days so we won't get to meet you. Juan Diego will be your concierge. He's the best and is so much fun.

You'll have a big bar in your room to drop all your stuff. You'll have so many places to put stuff that you might forget where you put it. You'll have 2 sinks in the bathroom which is worth the $100 extra per person you are paying. :) The balcony is so big - it's bigger than the Owner's Suite balconies.

What else do you want to know? :D

Gina

FOX: It's actually on any travel site. I use cruise411.com but saw the deal on RCI's website too.

AZ Cruz Chic: will do

Mommabean: we are around room 1032. Also, whats the concierge club about? Is there freee drinks? Also, how many cruise credits do you get, 2?

Do you have any pics from your GS you could share?

ty all for the best wishes. I am the lucky one actually. You never kno wwhat you are missing in life or have missed until you are with the right person. :)

man i want to know the website! LOL

t

OP, Awesome deal! I'm really excited for you. I love the fact that the balcony is more expensive than the suite?!

The deal is still available on royalcaribbean.com and the "other" website.

If you want to know the website, which broadcasts the deal in an easier to find fashion, google search "Balconies & Suites 75% off".

Cruise critic wants people to not post websites, so we are forced to have members do searches instead.

:rolleyes:

Wow, there are a load of GS left on that cruise. That's the one to book if anyone wants a quick getaway and they still have guarantees available.

If you are in 1550 you will have Edward - he's fabulous. We had him last month and he's still on board. He knew I forgot to put out my formal dress for pressing and he was there, ready and waiting, to tell me to give it to him the next morning so he could have it back to me in time for formal night that same night.

If you are in 1554 or 1556 you will have Anthony. I'm sure he's great or he wouldn't have the Royal Suite, too. But as a human being, he is just a wonderful person. I didn't ask him if he'd still be there in January so things could change.

As for port side, I don't know but I'm sure they are great, too. They put the best stateroom attendants in the suites.

You DO get a free pressing of formal wear each when you are in a suite so if you want it done, put it out the first night and fill out the laundry form. Write complimentary on it. Formal night is the next night.

The bottle of water on the bar is complimentary so go ahead and drink it. The mini bar is at regular prices.

Gina

FOX: It's actually on any travel site. I use cruise411.com but saw the deal on RCI's website too.

AZ Cruz Chic: will do

Mommabean: we are around room 1032. Also, whats the concierge club about? Is there freee drinks? Also, how many cruise credits do you get, 2?

Do you have any pics from your GS you could share?

ty all for the best wishes. I am the lucky one actually. You never kno wwhat you are missing in life or have missed until you are with the right person. :)

I don't know who is working 1032 but I'll find out the cruise before you since that's the section we will be in.

Yes, there are free cocktails in the concierge club between 5 - 8:30. You have access to the lounge all day. The coffee machine is self serve and it's the best coffee on the ship. There will be sandwiches and cookies in the lounge in the afternoon from around 12 - 4. The food served in there during the evening is better than every other ship. They have the usual concierge lounge food and more.

Your captain may be they youngest in the fleet, Capt. Sindre who is very nice. Or if Capt. Claus is back early, he's really great, too. He tends to visit in the concierge lounge often. I'm not sure which captain will be there because Capt. Claus was hoping to arrange it so that he'd be back early for a shorter rotation, off again, and back for the Panama Canal. We'll see.

I have pictures - mixed in with my thousands. :) Someone might beat me to it. I'll look soon. OR maybe I'll find a link to some older pictures of mine on webshots. Let me go look.

No - none of my GS are on webshots. I stopped uploading there a couple of years ago because of their intrusive software practices. I'll find something for you soon.

Gina

They will keep replenishing your fruit plate as long as you keep eating it. It's sad to have all those nice drink glasses and a corkscrew when they don't let you bring any on board. I guess you can buy a bottle of wine or champagne and drink it in the room.

The absolute worst part of this room is that you only have it for 4 days. :( Just when you are getting comfortable there.....you move out.

Gina

FMcowboy!

Congratulations! So excited for you! We will be sailing with you maybe when she says yes we can buy you a drink to celebrate!

Hope you can contain the surprise until you get on board. I don't know if I would be able to but it will be really cool.

Have you checked our cruise on the meet and mingle board? See you on ship.

Alright FMCowboy, we pulled the trigger and made the same decision you did. Also on the Radiance, 01/27/11, so we'll see what happens. We are celebrating our 26th ann. on this cruise so just maybe we'll be as lucky as you guys!

Thanks for the heads up!

Archived