Getting Engaged on the Radiance and just got a SUITE deal!

Saw your name and had to check our the update. Congratulations!

Did the job search have a happy ending too? (I hope, I hope, I hope.)

thanks much. it did, landed a good job 3 months ago only to be told by that company 3 days before the wedding that they are closing shop and moving out of state, so right back where I started lol

Ok well, We didn't plan on a cruise for her birthday but couldn't pass up the awesome deal for a Balcony guarantee. So we booked a few weeks ago. She doesn't know that I am going to ask her to marry me on her birthday. :) So we got our room assigned and seemed very nice. One witha larger balcony from what i could research, in the AFT section, 2nd from back.

So anyway, I get a savings cert in mail from RCI yesterday and figured I'd go look to see what was out there for later in the year, and I see a link on the travel website I use, that says Balconies & Suites 75% off. So i take a look and I see an amazing deal on a suite for our cruise coming up. Only a $100 more person from what I was already getting a good deal on a balcony. So I figured i could make the trip & proposal more special and surprise her with a suite. It was for a Suite Guarantee and heck if I get a Junior Suite which I suspect, that would be awesome and an amazing deal i think. So after a lot of holding my agent gets me booked. Well I get assigned a room today and I got a grande Suite!!!!! I'm so psyched as the best i ever stayed in was a balcony room and only once before. The suite looks amazing!!! Thsi will make the occasion extra special. My sister even gave me a great idea for teh proposal since mine was great but hard to pull off and wouldn't have been on her birthday but the next.

Anyway, wanted to share my excitement. Anyone tell me about some of the stuff that comes with a Grand Suite or how nice they are? Looks like i am mid-ship. Supposedly have access to a concierge lounge too and i think I'll get an extra cruise credit which will make me Platinum after this cruise. Anyone have any pics of a GS suite from an actual trip?

thanks

FM

ps: anyone sailing on the 1/27/11 sailing? We'll be celebrating!! :)

Congratulations! That's really awesome what you're doing for your soon-to-be fiance too. My family and I recently had a similar opportunity to upgrade to a two bedroom suite and it's a surprise for my uncle and mom (they've never cruised before!) It's my mom's birthday too so i'm having some bubbly and strawberries sent to the cabin and also having the cabin decorated for her. Some other ideas if you hadn't thought of them already ;-) Have a great time!

Archived