Anyone else notice the changes with Camp Carnival?

jam82

We were on a short cruise over the holidays and were surprised to find that Camp Carnival was open all afternoon (no dinner break) during the first sea day and only closed for one hour (instead of two) during lunch on both sea days. They also didn't open until 10am (instead of 9am) on sea days. The port day play didn't seem to change.

Maybe this has been discussed and I missed it, but we loved it. Thanks for listening Carnival. :-)

On the Miracle in the Summer of 2009, it was the traditional closing every few hours (closing for lunch for 2 hours and prep for dinner for 2 hours) but by November 2009, it never closed during the day except for 1 hour for dinner prep. Camp Carnival didn't even close for lunch (but they didn't feed the kids, you could pick up the kids any time you want for lunch and bring them right back). It was wonderful for us and the kids wnated to stay. It was amazing how much fun they had. I thought it was a fluke in November because of how many kids were aboard and the first day debacle getting the kids into the camp. I am interested to know if this is permanent.

Does anyone know if all the ships have no camp the first day? We were on the Legend over Thanksgiving and although I love my 4 & 6 year old to pieces, 10Am Monday morning could not come fast enough:p

We are going on the Inspiration for our 10 year wedding anniversary next month and it is only a 4 night cruise and I would LOVE for the camp to be open a couple hours the first night after dinner. I do know they offer the after hours babysitting 10-3am but that is just too late for us.

Does anyone know if all the ships have no camp the first day? We were on the Legend over Thanksgiving and although I love my 4 & 6 year old to pieces, 10Am Monday morning could not come fast enough:p

We are going on the Inspiration for our 10 year wedding anniversary next month and it is only a 4 night cruise and I would LOVE for the camp to be open a couple hours the first night after dinner. I do know they offer the after hours babysitting 10-3am but that is just too late for us.

I have never been on a cruise less than seven days but if the shorter cruises are anything like the longer cruises, there will be no Camp on the first night. What they do have is the registration and a family dance party. Around 8 pm or so, they have a cute little party for kids and their parents, but that is about it. The first night your kids go where you go.

Jam and King -- could it be that it was because of the "holiday" hours and the amount of kids onboard. It seems like you are both discussing the same period of time. So maybe they change it based on the number of kids. And it changes back every other time?

FlaMommy and King -- the shorter cruises always open Camp on the first night. I have been on the 4 night Carnival cruises and they always open camp on Night 1 -- Thank Heaven! :eek:;):D

Triumph2-5Pg1.jpg

I just got off the Inspiration on Saturday. I had a 3 year old who was in the 2-5 year old group. On Monday, our first day of boarding, we had to be present with her until 7:45pm. However, after that from 8-9 they had Explore the Playroom & Make New Friends. 9-9:30, Circle Games & Coloring. 9:30-10 A-B Seas The Dream Plucker of Perrysport. So you will have the opportunity to be alone on the first night, if they keep this schedule the same.

I'd scan this if I could, but truthfully, I'm not sure how to do so. I will see if my husband can do it when he gets home and post it on here.

I just got off the Inspiration on Saturday. I had a 3 year old who was in the 2-5 year old group. On Monday, our first day of boarding, we had to be present with her until 7:45pm. However, after that from 8-9 they had Explore the Playroom & Make New Friends. 9-9:30, Circle Games & Coloring. 9:30-10 A-B Seas The Dream Plucker of Perrysport. So you will have the opportunity to be alone on the first night, if they keep this schedule the same.

I'd scan this if I could, but truthfully, I'm not sure how to do so. I will see if my husband can do it when he gets home and post it on here.

We will be on the Dream in March our lil one will be 2.5. Cant wait to see how he does, last year we did RCI Freedom but he was so young :) at that time they did not have the nursery yet.

Interesting. We were on the Liberty in October and they did close down for 2 hours or so at lunch and then for an hour before dinner. Wonder if it was due to the holidays that yours was open longer or if they've made a change in the schedule?

Thanks so much, hfweather! I would LOVE it you could scan the agenda because I have looked everywhere on the internet for it but I understand:D

I will be soo happy if it is open a couple hours the first night. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my kids and LOVE spending time with them but it is nice to have a couple hours of adult time blended in with the quality family time. The kids will also be begging to go to the camp because they love it

Jam and King -- could it be that it was because of the "holiday" hours and the amount of kids onboard. It seems like you are both discussing the same period of time. So maybe they change it based on the number of kids. And it changes back every other time?

FlaMommy and King -- the shorter cruises always open Camp on the first night. I have been on the 4 night Carnival cruises and they always open camp on Night 1 -- Thank Heaven! :eek:;):D

Triumph2-5Pg1.jpg

It could be that it was just due to the holidays. We're going again in April, so I guess we'll see how it is then.

Archived