Any recommendations for San Francisco Hotel prior to cruising to Southampton

Tangoqueen

Any of the major chains (Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Sheraton or Raddison) in Fishermans Wharf area will be fine.

Fishermans Wharf is Pier 39 and cruise goes from Pier 35.

We have stayed at Holiday Inn Express some years ago and that is good with a free continental breakfast and in a few weeks we have been allocated Raddison which is next door to an IHOP. We are doing the San Francisco to Hong Kong cruise on Arcadia. First cruise for us so no advice at the moment but I might have when we return.

Many thanks for the quick responses so far. I have been looking at Argonaut Hotel as it is highly recommended on another holiday forum website and have responded to my email efficiently. Will review the other suggestions too. Hope to book this "cruise of a lifetime" on the Oriana this weekend. Have got all my quotes in but it's decision time as to who should get our hard earned cash. Hopefully will be able to sleep better once the decision is made ;)

We stayed in the Abri Hotel 100 yrds from the trams in Powell st very central location,we stayed five days great hotel check reviews.trip advisor.

if you are staying three days this is ideal for city shopping amd site seeing.the taxi to cruise terminal $15 this includes tip,

if you stay on the wharf the tram fare to the city is $5 each way.over three days this will mount up. my advice for three days look at city hotels .we loved Sanfrancisco.

We stayed in the Abri Hotel 100 yrds from the trams in Powell st very central location,we stayed five days great hotel check reviews.trip advisor.

if you are staying three days this is ideal for city shopping amd site seeing.the taxi to cruise terminal $15 this includes tip,

if you stay on the wharf the tram fare to the city is $5 each way.over three days this will mount up. my advice for three days look at city hotels .we loved Sanfrancisco.

I forgot to mention we cruised on the Oriana Southampton to Sanfransico. Sept 2010. There are good shuttle busses from the a/port to your hotel about $13 per person.any more questions please ask .

Hi, looking for a hotel for a 3 night pre-cruise stay in San Francisco in March 2012. Just wanting to have a few days doing touristy things before cruising back to Southampton. Any recommendations ......... Thank you :)

G'day we are staying at Hotel Donatello near Union Square in SF for 5 nights following our Star Princess and Westerdam cruises in the next few months. Somebody we know has stayed at the Donatello and recommended it, gets vg reviews as well.

We paid US120 per night.

I was told to stay away from the 'tenderloin district!' So the choice for trourists is really Fishermans Wharf or around Union Square, but you can get to either by trolley.

Hope this helps.

G'day we are staying at Hotel Donatello near Union Square in SF for 5 nights following our Star Princess and Westerdam cruises in the next few months. Somebody we know has stayed at the Donatello and recommended it, gets vg reviews as well.

We paid US120 per night.

I was told to stay away from the 'tenderloin district!' So the choice for trourists is really Fishermans Wharf or around Union Square, but you can get to either by trolley.

Hope this helps.

We stayed five days allso, take a bus tour of Monteray and Carmel A ellvon hour tour taking in the California coast line cost $70 per person money well spent pick up and drop off your hotel.Enjoy San Fran we did.

Archived