RCI not allowing passengers to bring wine onboard?

wwinfl91

Do you think RCI should allow passengers to bring their own wine with them?  

847 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think RCI should allow passengers to bring their own wine with them?

• Yes Passengers should be allowed to bring their own wine with them
    • NO RCI not allow passengers to bring wine onboard.90
    • To tell the truth I don't really care.

You're right Snoopy I can't add. I did mean to round each of them up so in my head it was 77 + 4 + 20 but that sure wasn't what I typed.

Oh well just shows what happens when you get older I guess.

Have a great next cruise.

Ok guys...I just got back from my company's Spring wine show they held in Orlando. After trying a couple dozen of the new wines, I surely would not know which addition adds up to which on the poll, but I would certainly love to bring some of those new wines along with me on the cruise that I tried today....too many wines...too little time. :eek:

Oh well, tough job but somebody has to do it....sigh.... :rolleyes: :D

Cheers!

Now that sounds like the kind of job I need to find, getting paid to test wine. Know if your company has any openings.

After the last wine distributor I worked for went under due to the hurricane's causing loss of business around here, I was happy to get the job with the one I just started.

Though it took 6 months of bugging my new manager to get it!! :eek:

We are always looking for wine lovers!! Come on along!! :D

Cheers!

I'm sitting here at home, sick as dog, tired of being in bed, thought I would see what to expect for my first cruise!! This is too much. On the thought of boxed wine......My favorite, cuz it's actually quite good, is Franzia's Table Red. People that I know, who don't like wine, and quite a few that are wine snobs, love the stuff. As far as the rest, I've decided I'll try packing a bottle of something in my suitcase and see if it flies. If it doesn't, oh well, if it does....EVEN BETTER.

My first cruise will be Rhapsody of the Seas, April 3, out of Galveston.....

I forgot to ask something:

What is the favorite champagne during sailaway for everyone? :)

Cheers!

I love champagne, so for me whatever the budget will allow!

Realistically, our regular "champagne" isn't, but is Schramsburg Cremant (which is a demi sec sparkling from California (Napa)). I find that a slight sweetness helps for the enjoyment of the bubbly amongst others that are put off by a brut champagne. The widow makes a nice demi sec too if you want a real champagne. For me bring on the dry stuff, but my DW chokes and sputters although she is getting better about that as her tastes are growing. We started really drinking a lot of champagne after we met our English friends on our first cruise in 96. That is their primary drink and so we joined them, for a while I was drinking a bottle or two a week. Now maybe a bottle a month. Well at least until November when we cruise with them again! Then we will probably be doing multiple bottles per day!

jc

My fav bubbly is Roederer Estate (Anderson Valley). A co worker from our CA location brought me a bottle and I have been hooked on it ever since. They make a really nice Rose variety too, but usually difficult to find.

Obviously a lot of champange lovers in this thread. I know that the champange that most cruise ships serve for free at the Captain's reception and other functions doesn't taste very good. I'm assuming that they are serving very cheap champange and that is why it tastes the way it does.

Obviously a lot of champange lovers in this thread. I know that the champange that most cruise ships serve for free at the Captain's reception and other functions doesn't taste very good. I'm assuming that they are serving very cheap champange and that is why it tastes the way it does.

Hmmm...that bubbly (not a real champagne but a mass produced "sparkling wine") is bought in huge pallets, for under 3 bucks a bottle.

Yummy....

Oh well, at least we know we are getting what we paid for! ;)

I love all these Champagne/Sparkling suggestions, some of my favs also!!

I still can't decide what I will bring, so many choices, too few cruises!! :)

Cheers!

Island Lady would you select something for me? I do not drink much Champagne, but might like a nice taste at some point...and since it looks like you really do like your job, I am guessing there will be no pity party afterall. ;) Thanks and Cheers!

FC champagne is really just Chardonnay that tickles your nose. I am surprised you don't like it.

I have actually had on one of our cruises a really good sparkling wine at a Captains party. I am trying to remember which one it was. It may have been X Millenium in the Med. It was not French or American, I think it was Spanish and it was very yummy. Unfortunately, most of the ones at the C&A or Captain's club have been very very ordinary. I still drank them with joy and satisfaction, however. I am just an easy mark for free drinks! :D

Island Lady would you select something for me? I do not drink much Champagne, but might like a nice taste at some point...and since it looks like you really do like your job, I am guessing there will be no pity party afterall. ;) Thanks and Cheers!

Ohh...any excuse for a party...pity or not ;) is a party after all!! :D

But you are right, I was just kidding as I really do love my job. I meet a lot of really great people, and of course I love the perks!

What is your taste in still wine? Do you like a dry wine, something with a creamy texture, or a little more on the sweet side?

Though I like a dry still wine my tastes change all the time with what mood I am in. I will go for a demi-sec sometimes, which is sweeter and goes great with strawberries!! Most people though, love a dry champagne or sparkling which is called a Brut. Funny thing is the ones called "extra dry" and are actually sweeter than a Brut. Can be a tad confusing.

Cheers!

FC champagne is really just Chardonnay that tickles your nose. I am surprised you don't like it.

I have actually had on one of our cruises a really good sparkling wine at a Captains party. I am trying to remember which one it was. It may have been X Millenium in the Med. It was not French or American, I think it was Spanish and it was very yummy. Unfortunately, most of the ones at the C&A or Captain's club have been very very ordinary. I still drank them with joy and satisfaction, however. I am just an easy mark for free drinks! :D

Yup...freebies are always a nice perk!! :D

FYI most champagne/sparkling is made with not only Chard (which will sometimes be called a "blanc de blanc"), but also Pinot Noir. ;)

And you are right about the Spanish bubblies, called "Cava", there are some really good ones for very reasonable prices out there.

Sooo many juices out there, so little time!! :)

Cheers!

I understand Island Lady about the Pinot Noir, but since FC is a Chardonnay drinker, I was trying to shame her into likeing Champagne! ;)

Of course, I started drinking sparkling wine in the form of Cold Duck. I matured from there to Asti Spumanti, which has no Chard or Pinot. I remember a mistake I made at our wedding. I replaced my wife's expected Martini and Rossi Asti Spumanti with a fine French Champagne. I thought she was going to spray my face when the brut champagne touched her tongue.:D

jc

Yup, JC you know me know....a Chardonnay lover. So, Island Lady since my favorite is Grgich Hills (how 'bout that JC ;) ) anything you would offer to suggest that leads me along the right path.

I too enjoyed the M&R Asti and a do enjoy Champage cocktails on ocassion, but Brut is not a friend of mine either. It makes my teeth feel funny/dry, unless of course I was just sipping junk.

Thanks you two! :)

Archived