How is the Phang Nga RCCL excursion?

I am concerned that the Phuket Phang Nga excursion sponsored by RCCL might be crowded and not scenery oriented. I am hoping some one of you has taken this excursion in the past and can comment on it. I see from the excursion description that there is no canoe experience ( this is ok), participants are bused and then put on a "motorboat" ( a speed boat or a large vessel???). There also is no chance for a beach visit.

The price is reasonable, and there always is the worry that a glitch will delay a private excursion getting back to the ship. Are private operators present a our docking area? Thanks for any answers.

I am concerned that the Phuket Phang Nga excursion sponsored by RCCL might be crowded and not scenery oriented. I am hoping some one of you has taken this excursion in the past and can comment on it. I see from the excursion description that there is no canoe experience ( this is ok), participants are bused and then put on a "motorboat" ( a speed boat or a large vessel???). There also is no chance for a beach visit.

The price is reasonable, and there always is the worry that a glitch will delay a private excursion getting back to the ship. Are private operators present a our docking area? Thanks for any answers.

Only a very small percentage of cruisers are on Cruise Critic. Only a teeny tiny percent of Cruise Critic members have been on an Asian cruise.

Try the Asia Ports of Call board: http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70

I took a similar tour through RCCL about 15 years ago while on the Sun Viking...

I'd say the boat we were on was big enough to hold our bus, so maybe 50-60 seats? It was a wooden boat big, but not fancy at all.... It offered great views.

It's a scenery tour, and boy the scenery was GREAT. Touring the stilt village was cool also.

A number of people from the ship took private tours as well (using the smaller boats with the motor on a swivel. ... From what i remember, they booked it on the dock in Phuket

Aloha,

John

John

We did the Phang Nga excursion last month and really enjoyed it. There were 3 coaches doing the tour but they were split dependent on your language. The boat trip itself was very leisurely (about 2 hours) and is definitely scenery oriented. Each boat accommodated approximately 40 people. It was followed by a very nice lunch at a hotel overlooking the bay. I would definitely recommend it.

Archived