Brands of "included" drinks on Seabourn?

goaliedad30

Just booked on Seabourn for June 2011 to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday! We're very experienced cruisers, but this will be the first Seabourn voyage for us (since we no longer have to worry about entertaining kids/teens). Just curious as to what brands of alcohol (most specifically, gin) are in the "included/open bar" category. My wife drinks dirty vodka martinis, so is highly indifferent to the choice of vodka, but I tend to drink mostly Sapphire gin martinis (although I also like Hendricks and Plymouth, and Beefeater will do in a pinch).

Looking forward to a fun, relaxing summer vacation ....

Just booked on Seabourn for June 2011 to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday! We're very experienced cruisers, but this will be the first Seabourn voyage for us (since we no longer have to worry about entertaining kids/teens). Just curious as to what brands of alcohol (most specifically, gin) are in the "included/open bar" category. My wife drinks dirty vodka martinis, so is highly indifferent to the choice of vodka, but I tend to drink mostly Sapphire gin martinis (although I also like Hendricks and Plymouth, and Beefeater will do in a pinch).

Looking forward to a fun, relaxing summer vacation ....

We were on the Legend earlier this year and were pleased with the brands offered. I, too, enjoy vodka martini's and could select from Grey Goose, Ketel One, Absolut, etc. Sapphire gin was readily available and in our cabin, we enjoyed very palatable wines. They are very accommodating on this cruise line and it was definitely the staff who made all the difference in our cruise experience. The food was okay, not terrific but okay, however, the friendly staff have our undying devotion.

Food on the Legend was only OK. Uh oh. I hope that was an anomaly and not the current standard. I haven't been on the Spirit since early '09. but I'm going on this March and hoping for the same standard I have always enjoyed. I prefer Cosmos and Dirty martinis, so not too concerned about champagne brands.

• 6 months later...
Food on the Legend was only OK. Uh oh. I hope that was an anomaly and not the current standard. I haven't been on the Spirit since early '09. but I'm going on this March and hoping for the same standard I have always enjoyed. I prefer Cosmos and Dirty martinis, so not too concerned about champagne brands.

Just OK for over $350.00 per person per day?...YIKES!!!!!:eek::cool::eek:

What is a dirty martini?!

I'll answer that..even though I do not agree with the choice. It is the ollve juice added to the martini.

For those who are asking about brands. We have always asked for the favorite brands that we use daily..and..no problem..them being..Crown Royal...Bombay blue saphire..and Johnny Black Label Scotch...not always on the same cruise..as you have two choices for the two of you. We have always found the company receptive to our choices.

Just OK for over $350.00 per person per day?...YIKES!!!!!:eek::cool::eek:

Here you go talking about money again.

Seabourn guests are above such things.

Originally Posted by jagi viewpost.gif

Referred to the posting above that someone said the food on the Legend was only OK and I responded for $350.00 per person per day for just OK?

What is it on this board of Seabourn... a subtle "dictatorship"?

WOW some of you on here are as much fun as a "root canal"!...can just imagine what it must be like onboard!:rolleyes:

No,it's vulgar talking about money as you have done in some of your posts.

But there is much fun to be had onboard.

Lets us know what you think after you have taken your first trip with Seabourn.

You may like it or you may not.

Sorry I beg to differ; it isn't vulgar at all to reference the price point per person per day for a paid cruise especially from a perceived Luxury Brand. How else could you compare "value" for the price point paid.

Sorry I beg to differ; it isn't vulgar at all to reference the price point per person per day for a paid cruise especially from a perceived Luxury Brand. How else could you compare "value" for the price point paid.

When I was young I thought to myself that money was the most important thing in the world, but never talked about it. Now that I'm old, I know it is and always talk about it. :)

On another thread LORD OF THE SEAS wrote:

I like to drink Chateau Giscours which is $112 per bottle from the restaurant wine list.

This is one of the wines that is in the gold package,so for $450 you can have six bottles from the package.

Six bottles of Giscours purchased individually from the wine list will cost $672.00 so you get a saving of $222

Not a bad deal.

Ofcourse i am only highlighting one particular wine that I like.

There is also a very good Puligny Montrachet in the gold package.

People in glass houses..................

I'm perfectly happy to settle too, Marja. I can always find something I can drink if I investigate enough.

And frankly, as for that $350 per diem, that is actually far less than most people pay on Seabourn on many cruises. It's a great value for what you get, not an unreasonable amount for which one should expect a wow at every corner.

On another thread LORD OF THE SEAS wrote:

I like to drink Chateau Giscours which is $112 per bottle from the restaurant wine list.

This is one of the wines that is in the gold package,so for $450 you can have six bottles from the package.

Six bottles of Giscours purchased individually from the wine list will cost $672.00 so you get a saving of $222

Not a bad deal.

Ofcourse i am only highlighting one particular wine that I like.

There is also a very good Puligny Montrachet in the gold package.

People in glass houses..................

Hal4me was asking about the wine packages and how they worked and he was looking for the value of what was available.

I gave an accurate example,but I would not tell him what I paid for any cruise that I had booked

Wripro gave a good answer in that Hals price per day was in fact low in comparison to what guests might pay. Wow!

Hal4me was asking about the wine packages and how they worked and he was looking for the value of what was available.

I gave an accurate example,but I would not tell him what I paid for any cruise that I had booked

Wripro gave a good answer in that Hals price per day was in fact low in comparison to what guests might pay

Both WRONG!

Take a look at the Website pricing currently for any Legend Cruise in Nov and Dec and it's below $350.00 per person per day my dear lord.

As for the price point of $112.00 per bottle of Chateau Giscours you metioned it not me!:rolleyes:

Do you have to mention the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?..LOL

I like that wripro...a wow at every corner. if there was, I'm sure I wouldn't cope :)

Then sit down as you read this. Email offer in UK today from Seabourn . Transatlantic on Odyssey 09 December - Approx $200 per diem ( including T/A discount) for a Verandah suite. WOW!

But of course we have already booked a land based holiday in Florida for December. Should have waited.:mad:

Then sit down as you read this. Email offer in UK today from Seabourn . Transatlantic on Odyssey 09 December - Approx $200 per diem ( including T/A discount) for a Verandah suite. WOW!

But of course we have already booked a land based holiday in Florida for December. Should have waited.:mad:

WOW!...much less than that $350.00 per person per day!!!!:mad:

Archived