What was your most and least favorite thing on Enchantment of the Seas

Hello to all,

We are going on Enchantment in less then a month and are just curious. What are your thoughts and opinions. Anything not to miss on the ship? Any great spots or places that many people do not know about? Does anyone have any cruise compasses they could scan from a recent cruise? Thanks in advance for your input.

Kevin and Renay

Favorites:

• The Owners Suite courtesy of the upgrade fairy.
  • Great Staff: The most memorable headwaiter yet.
  • Large Pool Deck

Least Favorite:

• Crowded Theater (My theory is that the stretch added cabins but not seats to the theater.) It was hard to find four seats together 15 minutes before showtime.

Just off this ship yesterday, I believe this ship has the best staff of any ship we have sailed. Very friendly and helpful.

The ship herself really needs a good cleaning....very beautiful ship, but we found her not be be nearly as clean as her sister the Grandeur.

The seating in the theater ...... just be there early for a seat.

One good thing about the stretch is that the Enchantment has a large pool area with plenty of lounge chairs. It's not as difficult to find a seat. I also enjoy the spotlight lounge which has a lot of activities with great views and plenty of seats. In fact, we played "Majority Rules" in there and our group won!

Loved Captain Rob!

Solarium was great!

Jump Zone was SO much fun!

Staff was great!

Chops was delicious but not many were there the night we were.

Shows were not crowded for us but we ate late and most shows were early.

I did not think the Hot Tubs were really hot.

I did not like the configuration of our inside room (7085).

There were no steam or sauna rooms in the spa.

We had a fantastic cruise.

Sile don November 27 and least favouite things were entertainment and crusie director, crowding in Windjammer,disembarkation and customs at Key West(2 hours detained), change of itinerary. Things I liked were the balcony room and our attendant, waiters and crew and dining at table for four.

If you look at my profile, you'll see that we sail every new ship on RCCL, but I have returned to the Enchantment four times. The ship, for some reason, has the most magical crew. It's not a trendy, hot new ship but she has maintained her integrity. She is pretty, she is fun and she is relaxing. The only negative I have is that you cannot walk all the way around the Promenade deck. The front end is closed off. I am an avid deck walker and hate that they won't let me do th whole circle, boo hoo. I would book this cruise in a heartbeat. The Enchantment has a charm of her own. Enjoy!

Sile don November 27 and least favouite things were entertainment and crusie director, crowding in Windjammer,disembarkation and customs at Key West(2 hours detained), change of itinerary. Things I liked were the balcony room and our attendant, waiters and crew and dining at table for four.

I cruise on EOS next Monday and and I think the CD is different...I think Carky will be our CD. And we won't have Key West as a Post Of Call.

We just got off the Enchantment Saturday as well. We were a party of 6.

Overall we had a blast! I would agree that while the EOS isnt the biggest and best of RCI - we loved the closeness of the cruise, it had a family atmosphere to it (aka people bonded generally), service was excellent and no major incidents.

We did early seating at 6PM and had great tablemates and a great head and assistant waiter.

On show nights we did make sure we got there early, brought some reading materials, and went as a group just got a drink and chatted while we waited. I would agree do NOT try to find seats in the front after the show starts and dont leave unless you absolutely have to!

We spent alot of time in the Solarium and in the pool and hot tub here not so much out on deck although we did sit out on Deck 10 often.

Viking was not as busy late at night as I had expected. We went there several times late like 10+ for MoTown Night, 80s, 70s, Dance and there was not as many people as I expected.

I cant think of anything major negative to report. There were a lot of kids on board this cruise but it was New Years I am sure that is not normal.

We had a blast my parents were impressed and we would definately recommend EOS. I would love to do one of the Oasis class ships because being an active and athletic 30 something I enjoy the expanded activities that a large ship like that offers but from a service and enjoyment standpoint EOS was great!

We also just returned from the 12 day NYE cruise on Enchantment and had a wonderful time.

We had a wonderful cabin attendant that kept us well stocked with wash cloths........at least 4 per day!!

We did see many folks in jeans and shirts in the MDR............but when the suggested dress said "casual" for that evening.........I guess that's what people refer to as casual. Had no problem with this.

Loved the new design of the WJ and had no problem finding a seat for breakfast or lunch.........once you figured out the "right" time to show up.

I was disappointed in the D/D+ breakfast on Deck 5 in the MDR. Service/Attitude was not what we have experienced on other ships.

Overall, she's a fine ship. And the Jump Zone is a whole lot of fun. As for cons, I'll concur with what others have said: the theater can (and does) fill up before show time. Of course, and easy solution is simply to get there early. If you get a cabin in the stretched section, you'll get glass shower doors instead of those flimsy, clingy curtains.

I thoroughly enjoyed my cruise on the Enchantment and would gladly sail her again.

Except for a bit of bad press lately (the crew keep trying to smuggle drugs into baltimore from the dominican republic, and they continue to be apprehended here-- thank you RC and DEA) the Enchantment is just fine.....

Chops Grille is great. we ate there 6 times in 9 days, as we did not care for the assigned dinner companions, and could not take the buffet... so this was a nice alternative. food and service was terrific. It was like having our own private restaurant... in fact, we are going on the explorer next august and that larger ship has no chops.... bummer.

the Jump zone is really fun (when it is open, which is not often) so go get your harness on and do those bungie jumps! it's a rush. for kids and grown up kids.

the shows do fill up fast, so get there early.

since this ship was "stretched" a few years back, there are 2 mid-ships pools and lots of spots to hang out on deck. we never had a problem getting chairs, and the pool areas were great.

food was ok.... lunch in the dining room featured the great custom salad bar, with tons of yummy options, we loved it.

typical RC parties, "the quest", the big 70's disco party in the centrum, etc. always good service.

the cruise director was terrific, don't know how often they change this personnel.... the assistant CD was called "bingo maui', don't remember his name but also a lot of fun.

hope you have a great trip!

hope you are going somewhere warm~~~

I cruise on EOS next Monday and and I think the CD is different...I think Carky will be our CD. And we won't have Key West as a Post Of Call.

Unless her schedule has changed, I'm not sure. We were on the Christmas cruise and she said she had two more cruises until her vacation. One cruise would end on the 8th and one on the 17th. I think John and Katrina Blair may be getting on as CD and activities manager the day you get on. Of course schedules have been known to change.

Unless her schedule has changed, I'm not sure. We were on the Christmas cruise and she said she had two more cruises until her vacation. One cruise would end on the 8th and one on the 17th. I think John and Katrina Blair may be getting on as CD and activities manager the day you get on. Of course schedules have been known to change.

You are correct. We just disembarked on January 8th and Carly said she would be leaving after the January 17th cruise.

John Blair and his wife Katrina will be boarding on the 17th.

Sailed on the Enchantment in June and loved it! One of the best pool areas, lots of outdoor seating. I really liked the smaller theater (more intimate) and I think because we had late seating in the MDR AND prefer to sit in the back of the theater, never had trouble finding two seats minutes before the start of the show. Also did not find the WJ crowded but then, we tend to go during non-peak periods. Staff and service was really great and I thought the food was good.

The only dislike was no sauna/steam room in the spa. :(

Sherri:)

Thanks again for the info. We were on Grandeur before and it sounds like the pool deck on Enchantment is much better. We will give the bungee jump a shot. Sounds like fun. We always do 2nd seating for dinner and have never had a problem getting a seat in the theater. This cruise we will get there a little earlier. Especially the first few nights to check everything out. We are glad everyone had a nice cruise.

Thanks again. We would love to hear about more experiences.

Kevin and Renay

Hello to all,

We are going on Enchantment in less then a month and are just curious. What are your thoughts and opinions. Anything not to miss on the ship? Any great spots or places that many people do not know about? Does anyone have any cruise compasses they could scan from a recent cruise? Thanks in advance for your input.

Kevin and Renay

I loved the Fresh Water Pool....

Hello to all,

Kevin and Renay

Favorite: Getting on (the 1st day)

Least Favorite: Debarkation (the last day!)

We are going on the Enchantment Feb 19th - so this has been really helpful!

Two questions: How do we know if we will be in one of the stretched cabins?

Was there a height or weight requirement for the bungees? My Son couldn't do the zip line on the Oasis last year...missed it by inches!

How do we know if we will be in one of the stretched cabins?

On Deck 8, the stretched section consists of the D1 cabins (shown in purple on the website) plus the adjacent interior rooms. On the other decks, it's the rooms directly under that.

Archived