Zaandam - Alaska

cigloo

I loved the ship when I sailed her. She's the right size for me---not too large, not too small. It's a quick walk to get from one place to another, yet there's plenty to do. Getting around easily is a plus, as there is so much scenery in Alaska, and you'll want to see it from various vantage points.

I also love the music theme in the decorating around the ship. Lots of things to look for! Try to find the sax that Bill Clinton played.

Service is pretty much as you'd find on any HAL ship, which is to say very, very good. It's the Indonesian and Filipino crew that bring many of us back so often.

I agree with Ruth. We loved the Zaandam for our Hawaii cruise last November and are sorry it has rotated out with the Oosterdam for Hawaii. It was our first time away from the Vista Class and it was fantastic. Don't believe the negative comments that have been posted by some and cruise on the Zaandam and enjoy every minute because they pass quickly towards the end of the sailing.

Archived