Orlando to Port Canaveral Transportation

mvanstone

Sailing on Freedom in May and having a little difficulty finding a cost-effective transport from Orlando to Port Canaveral. We're staying at a hotel the night before the cruise, and cocoa beach shuttle wants to charge $30 extra to come to the hotel. Rental car looks like a good option, but my girlfriend and I (age 24 and 23) will be forced to pay under 25 charges. From what I've found so far, round-trip ground transportation is going to be in the $150 range.

Any suggestions on a cheaper way?

I'm actually in the same boat and it looks like we are going to have a towncar take us from Orlando to Cocoa beach. Looks like its in the $100-$150 range and a lot nicer than a shuttle. Now we are just trying to pick one. None have stellar reviews

Sailing on Freedom in May and having a little difficulty finding a cost-effective transport from Orlando to Port Canaveral. We're staying at a hotel the night before the cruise, and cocoa beach shuttle wants to charge $30 extra to come to the hotel. Rental car looks like a good option, but my girlfriend and I (age 24 and 23) will be forced to pay under 25 charges. From what I've found so far, round-trip ground transportation is going to be in the $150 range.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=26606302&postcount=862

Use this link from to find any and all info on the PC area. Shirley and Preston have done a wonderful job of compiling.

If you have any questions just ask them......they are the best!!!!

Have rented a 1 way rental and dropped off in cocoa. Been around $75 if I recall . Hertz and Budget have offices in cocoa and these rental offices have shuttle dropoff to the port terminal. Limos and town cars and shuttle services way too expensive. Plus with rental,you can go out to dinner, do your errands until you have to drop off in cocoa.

just my .02.

Agree with a rental. Even with the under age charges it will still be easier and cheaper to do a rental. Besides, that way you can get your last minute stuff. Are you staying in Orlando or PC? We stayed at the Radisson and ate dinner at Grills .... it was wonderful!

We have used FL Tours several times, and they have always been outstanding. They have several options from one way, round trip, and a 3 way, which takes you from the airport to the hotel, then hotel to the ship, and then ship to the airport after the cruise. They are professional, and stop at a local grocery store for you as well if you want to take anything with you on board.

thanks for all the suggestions! that was fast!

from what i'm reading and researching, the flexibility and price of renting a car looks like the best bet. thanks again everyone!

we used avis from orlando to cape canaveral. it was so easy and they then transport you to the pier when you drop your car off.

great service!

We are sailing on Freedom on May 8th. What sailing are you on?

We're doing the western caribbean itinerary on the 15th. Found a great deal on a balcony - the price jumped almost $300 in the couple days after we booked!

*waves* We will be there with you. And we are in the same boat...no pun intended.....as far as trying to decide how to get from the airport to the hotel and which hotel. I cant decide between the Radisson and Country Inns. Waiting on my parents to see if they are going to rent a car.

By far the easiest is to rent a car, look on mousesavers.com for car rental discount codes

B J

Thanks B J for the car rental codes, is there one for hotels? I'm looking into hotels, and transportation for August.

By far the easiest is to rent a car, look on mousesavers.com for car rental discount codes

B J

We couldn't use these being from the UK but even without the mousesavers codes, Budget was very reasonable. We collected from the Budget desk at Orlando Int'l, used the car for 3 days, drove down to Port Canaveral. Returned the car at Budget's Port Canaveral office and their free shuttle took us and our luggage straight to the ship.

On the return journey we just did everything in reverse. Budget's Port Canaveral office is much smaller than their office at Orlando Int'l though so be sure to book your return car at the same time as booking the car from Orlando to Port Canaveral!

Really great service and so reasonable - even us Brits could navigate to Port Canaveral (with a little help from SatNav and helpful CC members!) :):)

*waves* We will be there with you. And we are in the same boat...no pun intended.....as far as trying to decide how to get from the airport to the hotel and which hotel. I cant decide between the Radisson and Country Inns. Waiting on my parents to see if they are going to rent a car.

((waving back))) There are a lot of people staying at the CI&S on our roll call too. It's getting close....:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=26606302&postcount=862

Use this link from to find any and all info on the PC area. Shirley and Preston have done a wonderful job of compiling.

If you have any questions just ask them......they are the best!!!!

OMG that is the greatest post!!I've been going back and forth to that for help with a Freedom cruise I am planning.

That so deserves being a sticky!!!! :)

We are taking the Freedom May 8th and what we always do when we cruise out of Port Canaveral is we stay at a hotel (there are plenty of nice ones) near the Orlando airport that has an airport shuttle, let them take us back tpo the airport the morning of departure, and pick up the Cruise's shuttle there. In other words, we hit the "easy" button. We are on vacation, and I don't want to mess around with rental cars, gassing them up, picking up and turning them in, arranging your shuttle to the port after you turn in the car, etc. if you don't mind paying a little eaxtra for cruise shuttle to port, it is the easiest, most painless way!

we just did coco beach and they didn't charge extra for hotel pick up near MCO for us. And they gave us 10% off for mentioning cruise critic. If they want to charge you extra stay at a hotel with an orlando airport shuttle and take it to the hotel when you get in and the next morning take it back to the airport and ask to be dropped off where the shuttle would pick you up! We stayed at teh Hyatt Place Orlando Airport North and they offer free shuttle to the airport and within 3 miles of the hotel. We made a quick run to Walgreens the morning of the cruise to pick up a new toothbrush and something for my back (i guess i packed to much...) and they were really great about it!

I haven't read all the posts in this thread so I apologize if someone else has mentioned this... but try cruise express. We used them last month for transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral. It's $20 pp. They likely could pick you up from your hotel if you ask. Visit cruisexpressfl dot com.

Archived