on board entertainment!!

maryhill1

hi all.

I am new to RCCI CC (have sailed once before) and I was just wondering if someone with a bit more experience of RCCI can advise me.

I "think" I read somewhere that you can make reservations for the shows before you board.

Is this correct?

Do you have to book in advance?

How far out from depature date can it be done?

How do you do it?

Is it worth doing or is it ok to wait until you board?

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Thanks Elaine

As far as I know, the only show that you can "reserve" ahead of time is the Ice Skating Show and it is not really so much of a reservation as that you have to get tickets for a specific show ahead of time. In other words, they only release enough tickets so that you know that you will have a seat for that show. It is still first come first serve for the best seats though. It is a great show so these tickets tend to go quick so get yours early.

As far as I know, the only show that you can "reserve" ahead of time is the Ice Skating Show and it is not really so much of a reservation as that you have to get tickets for a specific show ahead of time. In other words, they only release enough tickets so that you know that you will have a seat for that show. It is still first come first serve for the best seats though. It is a great show so these tickets tend to go quick so get yours early.

hi Cricketgal. (unusal name for a Canadian!!)

Thanks for that - thats the kind of thing I was looking to find out.

I will make a point of "reserving the ice show" and getting there early!!

Appreciate you help.

elaine

hi all.

I am new to RCCI CC (have sailed once before) and I was just wondering if someone with a bit more experience of RCCI can advise me.

I "think" I read somewhere that you can make reservations for the shows before you board.

Is this correct?

Do you have to book in advance?

How far out from depature date can it be done?

How do you do it?

Is it worth doing or is it ok to wait until you board?

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Thanks Elaine

The only ships that you can make advanced reservations for shows at this time are the Oasis and the Allure. You can usually make reservations sometime around final payment.

The only ships that you can make advanced reservations for shows at this time are the Oasis and the Allure. You can usually make reservations sometime around final payment.

hi thanks.

Appreciate the info - it all helps!

We will be on the Indy. but not until Nov 2011 although we paid the balance in full when we booked in Nov last year.

Thanks again.

elaine

All shows or just the aqua shows?

Almost all shows. On the Allure people could make reservations in advance for all but one of the Ice Shows-How To Train Your Dragon was open seating; Ice Games on the other hand allowed for reservations.

The comedy show, the headliner show, Blue Planet, Chicago, Ice Games, and the Aqua Show all required reservations.

Almost all shows. On the Allure people could make reservations in advance for all but one of the Ice Shows-How To Train Your Dragon was open seating; Ice Games on the other hand allowed for reservations.

The comedy show, the headliner show, Blue Planet, Chicago, Ice Games, and the Aqua Show all required reservations.

Don't really like that.. but good to know. Thank you. And you make these reservations as early as final payment??? I kind of like being able to just do whatever and not commited to some sort of pre-planned activity.

The more I think of this the more I'm not really a fan. How did you like it?

Don't really like that.. but good to know. Thank you. And you make these reservations as early as final payment??? I kind of like being able to just do whatever and not commited to some sort of pre-planned activity.

Did Oasis, not Allure, but should be the same.

I did not like the system of booking in advance. If you try to book say four shows, and two specialty dinners, and the last thing you book doesn't have any space left, you might have to go back, start over and change them all.

You can do it in advance of sailing, or once on the ship. You should be able to do it on the stateroom television if it is programmed properly. Ours was not on the Oasis until day 5.

But if you wait until sailing, some of the venues may be booked out. If you have 1 or 2 items you want to do, book them. Then sort of wing it for the rest when you get on the ship.

There is a lot of information out there on the Oasis Class ships that is helpful.

The one thing I would suggest is the first thing you do is check the stateroom television, and make sure it is programmed for passengers, and not crew members. There is a lot of things the passengers can do with the tvs that the crew can't. Probably the best way to check is to see if you can use the wireless keyboard in the stateroom to get on the internet. If you get to the part where it says like $0.65 per minute you are there. If it says anything like use a crew internet cafe to set up an account, the tv is programmed wrong. I even think there are some youtube videos out there showing how to use the tvs on the Oasis Class.

We did not like it either, lol. We had never been on a ship like that before, so we didn't even know we were supposed to book in advance. We got on the ship and once allowed into our rooms, we looked at the cruise compass we saw little "tickets" (picture) next to the shows. The Legend said that meant "reservations required" or something along those lines.

We called Guest Services and asked how to make reservations and they told us to go the Box Office. We went right to the Box Office (aka the ice skating rink/Studio B), and by this time it was now 1:30 pm. All of the Comedy shows, the Aqua shows, and the skating shows were already sold out (for lack of a better term). We were only able to make reservations for the shows in the theater.

We were told to show up 30-40 minutes early for all the shows we didn't get tickets to, to be in the Standby line. We were pretty annoyed. We did show up 40 minutes early for all the Standby shows and did get into see all of them. The Standby line did get very long, and it's my opinion that many that came too close to the start time probably did not get in.

Even though we were able to book for all the shows in the theater, they did eventually get fully booked. Each time we walked into the theater, there was a standby line waiting to get in.

We are planning to go on the Oasis in February, and I think I saw someone mention that all the comedy shows are already sold out :( Guess we're back to the Standby line for that (and possibly others by the time we book).

Another point is that they let the Standby line in approximately 10-15 minutes before the show starts. So even if you have reservations, but try to come say 5 minutes before the show starts...you've probably already lost your spot.

Lastly, you need reservations to get into the shows, but there is not assigned seating. You just show up and sit anywhere. I was happy that was still in affect. We like to show up early to get good seats.

We did not like it either, lol. We had never been on a ship like that before, so we didn't even know we were supposed to book in advance. We got on the ship and once allowed into our rooms, we looked at the cruise compass we saw little "tickets" (picture) next to the shows. The Legend said that meant "reservations required" or something along those lines.

We called Guest Services and asked how to make reservations and they told us to go the Box Office. We went right to the Box Office (aka the ice skating rink/Studio B), and by this time it was now 1:30 pm. All of the Comedy shows, the Aqua shows, and the skating shows were already sold out (for lack of a better term). We were only able to make reservations for the shows in the theater.

We were told to show up 30-40 minutes early for all the shows we didn't get tickets to, to be in the Standby line. We were pretty annoyed. We did show up 40 minutes early for all the Standby shows and did get into see all of them. The Standby line did get very long, and it's my opinion that many that came too close to the start time probably did not get in.

Even though we were able to book for all the shows in the theater, they did eventually get fully booked. Each time we walked into the theater, there was a standby line waiting to get in.

We are planning to go on the Oasis in February, and I think I saw someone mention that all the comedy shows are already sold out :( Guess we're back to the Standby line for that (and possibly others by the time we book).

I don't mean to be a downer... but what a pain in the arse! Oh well.. I'm not gonna stress about it. If we miss a show, we'll do something else. Sucks but, whatever.

Archived