Marina Preview Cruise 2/5

RaeEllen

I am so, so excited. My mom has invited me to be her guest on the Marina "preview" cruise 2/5 - 2/8 out of Miami. I've been on RCI and Princess, but never on a line like Oceania.

Does anyone have any experience with these "preview" cruises? What to expect? How different will it be from the mass market line I'm used to? Any tips or things we should not miss?

This is the first new ship that Oceania has ever launched, thus there is no previous experience about how Oceania will handle it. You are very fortunate to be on this "Friends and Family" mini-cruise, as I have no doubt it will be fabulous! I'm assuming Mom is a travel agent or a travel writer?

The big difference will likely be decor, ambiance, service, and most definitely, food! Keep an eye out for amazing crystal, fantastic marble, and especially lok closely at details like fine china and crystal. You're not likely to find much ploastic on Marina.

I am so, so excited. My mom has invited me to be her guest on the Marina "preview" cruise 2/5 - 2/8 out of Miami. I've been on RCI and Princess, but never on a line like Oceania.

Does anyone have any experience with these "preview" cruises? What to expect? How different will it be from the mass market line I'm used to? Any tips or things we should not miss?

For this special cruise, EVERYTHING will be complimentary. Some services in the Spa will be scaled back due to the short trip, but, if you can get in there, those services will be complimentary as well. ENJOY!

Wow, that's amazing. I'm so grateful to my mom for sharing this with me. She's the top seller for Oceania at her agency. (She had no idea.) We haven't gotton final confirm yet, so I don't know where our cabin is or how reservations work, but I imagine they want to spread everything around so the agents can talk up spa services and the restaurants. (And, goodness, who cares if we get an inside cabin, but it's so fun to look forward to finding out)

I've been stuck at work in the snow for five days, so this has been a welcome distraction.

For this special cruise, EVERYTHING will be complimentary. Some services in the Spa will be scaled back due to the short trip, but, if you can get in there, those services will be complimentary as well. ENJOY!

According to the invitation Spa and Shops will not be complimentary unless Oceania has changed their minds.

Jancruz1

How lovely for you and your mom, RaeEllen! I hope that your experiences are wonderful and you and your mom have a nice time together. I hope that you will post after and let us all know how it is.

We are sailing in July and can hardly wait!!

Pam

Thanks for the tips so far.

Looks like we have a Veranda Cabin (yeah!)

Shore excursions are complimentary. There are no advance restaurant reservations. I'm not sure if they won't be running yet, or if they want to assign times so that everyone gets to try something. (Or alternately, if they want the VVIPS to get to the restaurants...who knows!) We aren't that interested in anything but the French restaurant, so we may be in the main dining room each night.

There aren't any cooking classes :(...I'm hoping the spa is running, but, with just two days might be tight trying to schedule something.

I'll report back after I see the ship. I can't beleive this is coming up so quickly!

Shore excursions are complimentary. There are no advance restaurant reservations. I'm not sure if they won't be running yet, or if they want to assign times so that everyone gets to try something. (Or alternately, if they want the VVIPS to get to the restaurants...who knows!) We aren't that interested in anything but the French restaurant, so we may be in the main dining room each night.

why would they not be running?

I am sure they will want TA's to promote all the dining venues as well as other things on the ship

You do know there is a sailing on Jan 22 before you board so everything should be up & running by then

They aren't having any cooking classes, so I didn't want to make any assumptions about other standard things that may not be up and running. You're right, I'm sure they want the agents to get a feel for the specialty restaurants as well. I've got no real data, just guesses. All I know for sure is that we cannot make reservations for any speciality restaurant before we board. (Perhaps the folks in the higher level cabins can, I just don't know)

Thanks for the tips so far.

Looks like we have a Veranda Cabin (yeah!)

There aren't any cooking classes :(...I'm hoping the spa is running, but, with just two days might be tight trying to schedule something.

I'll report back after I see the ship. I can't beleive this is coming up so quickly!

Restaurants will be on an assigned invitation basis each nite

Jancruz1

In our defense, we did suggest to both of you lovely ladies that you book the Inaugural Passage (which so beautifully dovetails with the Introductory Cruise). :rolleyes:

Oh well, we are just lucky to be able to sail on her in 6 weeks but will miss you both. Someday our paths will cross again. Deb

In our defense, we did suggest to both of you lovely ladies that you book the Inaugural Passage (which so beautifully dovetails with the Introductory Cruise). :rolleyes:

I know but the itinerary worked better for us on the SFO-MIA trip

Maybe next time ;)

Lyn

Well, everybody wave to me at sailaway - I will be on the Liberty of the Seas, also departing on February 5 from Miami. The only consolations over not being on the Marina is the fact that my cruise is 8 days instead of 3 and I will be on the Marina 5 months later.

Well, you guys are really lucky. I am not a travel agent but only one of the "regular Paying passengers" who really loves O. So you all enjoy every moment of what they have to offer, which I know will be fantastic.

The Maiden, which we are fortunate to have been able to book, will be one of our dream trips, and I am thrilled that it is on O (only our 10th on O.)

Anyway, take good notes on your trip. Wish we were with you. Look forward to hearing about it. ;) We wil follow you vicariously on the boards.

The Maiden, which we are fortunate to have been able to book, will be one of our dream trips, and I am thrilled that it is on O (only our 10th on O.)

Anyway, take good notes on your trip. Wish we were with you. Look forward to hearing about it. ;) We wil follow you vicariously on the boards.

Hopefully you will post notes before this cruise leaves since you will be on the maiden voyage

You're going to have to wait for my detailed notes until after March 2, because Betsy and I will be on the Maiden Voyage, on the 3 day with Jim and Stan and Jan and the others, and on the Inaugural Canal crossing with Jim and Stan -- 34 days total -- then staying in San Francisco for a few days with Betsy's sister before flying home to Florida on March 2. We're leaving Florida for Barcelona on Tues, Jan 18. I may post a couple of short notes along the way, but I'm too frugal to buy much internet time.

We were originally only going to sail the Maiden Voyage, but after we had to cancel a back-to-back on Regatta last March and April due to health problems, and getting the money back from trip insurance and such, we decided to spend the money on the canal crossing -- it was high on the bucket list.

I don't really care much for flying, so if I could have afforded it, I would have stayed aboard and sailed back to Miami! But, there's a limit to everything...and Oakland to Fort Lauderdale on Southwest is really cheap.

Don and Betsy, Stan and Jim what cabins are you in on the 3 day cruise??

Jancruz1

I don't believe that either couple knows yet, Jan-

Don and I discussed how nice it would be if we got the same cabin on the 3 day as we'll be in for the Inaugural Passage, but I cannot see that happening. :rolleyes:

Are you in one of your signature Penthouses? Somehow, I always picture you in a penthouse.

One of the first threads that I ever read on the Oceania Board was your rave about breakfast on your penthouse verandah.....

174058.jpg

And I was hooked :p

Archived