Bring back the 14 Day EOS X-mas New Year's Cruise

Hi, my DW and family were greatly (should say grievously) saddened :( that Explorer of the Seas is not doing the 14 Day Holiday cruise in Dec 11. The EOS will be doing 2 seven day Bahama cruises in its place. When I contacted RCI, I was told this was due to the economy and the lack of popularity of 14 day cruises. I think this is a big mistake for RCI.

Is anyone else disappointed?

Any thoughts on how to get RCI to bring this back for subsequent years?

Cheers,

Aaron

I am also dissapointed about the lack of any holiday cruises that are longer than 7 days. We did a 3 night cruise over Christmas and would like to go on a longer one next Christmas... Unfortunately the best fit at the moment is a 9 night cruise on Carnival.

If you are looking for a longer cruise, the Allure will be on a 9 day cruise starting on Xmas day. We're booking this as the alternative to the EOS. I'd still prefer to leave from NYC area and for the cruise to start before the 24th or 25th but at least we're at sea for the holidays.

That itinerary is craptastic. You will probably get good deals on a b2b if you keep watching. As far as the economy goes, don't they keep saying prices are going up and we will not see the deals we have in the past? Which is it? I also don't think they would have made the no discounts after final rule if prices were going up. They just like to hear themselves talk.

That itinerary is craptastic. You will probably get good deals on a b2b if you keep watching. As far as the economy goes, don't they keep saying prices are going up and we will not see the deals we have in the past? Which is it? I also don't think they would have made the no discounts after final rule if prices were going up. They just like to hear themselves talk.

Thanks for the suggestion of a B2B. 10 nights on the Liberty is now at the top of the list.

We were on the just completed 14 night 2010 Explorer holiday trip. I think the decision to change this to two crappy 7 day trips was made before this sailing was marketed. The 2010 version sold much faster and better then the 2008 and 2009 sailings which we were on also. But by then the die had been cast and they were stuck with the two crappy weeklongs to the Bahamas; nobody of the large CC group on board was planning for those and are moving on to other lines. Sister line Celebrity has the new Silhouette out of Bayonne but the Christmas pricings on that one are ridiculous so we booked the 12/12 12 nighter, at least we get the decorations. The Silhouette won't be as much fun and the group has now broken up but we can survive.

We were on the just completed 14 night 2010 Explorer holiday trip. I think the decision to change this to two crappy 7 day trips was made before this sailing was marketed. The 2010 version sold much faster and better then the 2008 and 2009 sailings which we were on also. But by then the die had been cast and they were stuck with the two crappy weeklongs to the Bahamas; nobody of the large CC group on board was planning for those and are moving on to other lines. Sister line Celebrity has the new Silhouette out of Bayonne but the Christmas pricings on that one are ridiculous so we booked the 12/12 12 nighter, at least we get the decorations. The Silhouette won't be as much fun and the group has now broken up but we can survive.

We were on the 2009 holiday cruise and had a great time. On another thread I've read that the Explorer is leaving Bayonne in May 2012 to be replaced by the Liberty of the Seas. I hope they start a new tradition with her and the 14 day holiday cruise for 2012! We're looking at the Allure for 9 days starting on Xmas (now really who was the clever monkey who thought leaving on Xmas).

Cheers,

Aaron

We are just off the 14 night holiday cruise and we are also VERY disappointed they decided to break it up to 2 7 day cruises to the bahamas. You cant even do a B2B.....It wont be warm....by the time you're there, you're home....Boo Hoooooooooooooooooooo

My Review can be found here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1334724

Totally bummed about this decision. RCI has nothing decent that encompasses Christmas and New Year's! We just finished our 5th Holiday sailing in a row. Looks like we might have to venture out to another line after over 25 years with RCI.

I checked on the European-website-that-we-can't-mention-here and between 60 and 75% of the balconies in most categories are already sold. So maybe the suits in Miami know what they are doing. Each weekly sailing is obviously priced lower then on our sailings. If you add the revenue together for the two weeks it will exceed the revenue from the longer 2 week cruise.

2602237070096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

This is the territory now occupied by Carnival and NCL. Above, the Jewel leaves NY Harbor ahead of us last month.

Archived