Island Escape thread and other useless info.

Rebel Rouser

Hi Jan,

Well I knew when Nikki was drinking again, as heavy drinkers smell of it all the time! It is like garlic, it seems to permeate the whole body!

:o oh oh just had some garlic :D better go for a drink then :D and maybe a indian meal after:cool:

Sorry Linda, I was being flippant and not thinking.:):) Brain not back in gear yet.

Jan

No don't worry Jan:) She brought everything on herself. I refuse to feel guilty.

How are you anyway? Isn't it cold? Glad I've got cats and not a dog. They take themselves out (or not! when it is so cold)

Happy days!!:):) Blood pressure up, had a soak and found out it's well nigh impossible to wash your hair without getting the dressing wet.:eek::eek: Might go to the Hebrides for some peace and quiet.;)

Jan

If you can find a post by Berwyn (cymro1953) he had some IE photo Bucket Albums on here? but exactly where is anybodys guess????

Found it :)

http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww273/Cymro1953/Island%20Escape%20April%202008%20Med/

Looks very nice RR - do they do other trips other than colourful coasts.? Nothing would persusade me to do that trip to Morocco and back again:eek::eek:

Is there a separate brochure for IE, I've never seen it in Thomsons brochure.

Looks nicer than Ocean Village:D:D Oh shut up Linda! stirring again!

By the way what did you think of OV?

Didn't like the OV, but thats me just being snobbish :D

And yes there is an Island Cruises brochure

Got it in front of me now.:).

Lots of hot air in the Hebrides. Very windy today.;)

Jan

Sorry Jan, couldn't resist, RR very quick on the uptake though (quick for a man:D:D

Lol.

Just looking at your coutdown clocks. Could you put the itineraries on for me to look at. Jealous person that I am.:)

Jan

Just got the IE brochure. Like the look of "Escape to the Med" but can't make head not tail of the pricing. I looked on the website and they only seem to have deluxe (maybe) or inside (no,no,no!!) Really like outside cheap!:D

What cabins do you experts (R.R./Jan) recommend?:confused::confused:

Just got the IE brochure. Like the look of "Escape to the Med" but can't make head not tail of the pricing. I looked on the website and they only seem to have deluxe (maybe) or inside (no,no,no!!) Really like outside cheap!:D

What cabins do you experts (R.R./Jan) recommend?:confused::confused:

Hi Linda

Only been on the once as you know and we were on deck 9 (Golden, I think). It's really confusing with deck numbers and then names, as well as the colours not matching on the key and the cabin diagrams. We were in 9048 and it would have been perfect but for the fact that there was a great big tender obliterating the nice big window, on the deck plan it looks as though there are gaps between the lifeboats but don't be fooled as these gaps are taken up with the hoists and other metalwork. Deck 8 has a promenade along it and they allow smoking on there so you find a lot of people lurking around there all the time which is no good if your window looks out on it. I noticed that most of the curtains were shut all day long which defeats the object. Deck 9 though was very convenient for us to nip upstairs to the Beachcomber, pool, gym etc. and down to all the other parts, it was very quiet on there as well as above our cabin was the photoshop I think. So I would def. book a cabin at either end away from the lifeboats if you want that one, we had a fridge as well which the cabins on the lower decks don't get. The balcony cabins aren't worth the bother, if you remember Berwyn had one and they never went on it as it was too cold and windy. They hang over the side of the ship as well and obviously have been welded on as an afterthought, I wouldn't feel safe on them at all. Personally I don't see the point of paying all that extra for a De-luxe cabin but that's just me. Cheap!!:eek: Having been on the lowest deck on Celebration I don't think we would do that again as we spent a lot of time walking up countless flights of stairs as the lifts were always full, especially on port days.:):)

Jan

Archived