Island Escape thread and other useless info.

Rebel Rouser

I'm signing off for good

Night all

What?!! You can't do that. I'm going in for my op Monday morning and that's bad enough without wondering what you're up to. I'm going to need cheering up on Tuesday and you'd better be here. Or else.....

Jan

That will teach me to do 20 things at a time.

Jan

It must have been the haircut that got to him. I also think you'll agree - blokes can't multi-task.:D

Good luck for the next couple of days. Hope you've got your sexiest jammies packed.;) Look forward to your posts once its all over.

Jan

That will teach me to do 20 things at a time.

Jan

It must have been the haircut that got to him. I also think you'll agree - blokes can't multi-task.:D

Good luck for the next couple of days. Hope you've got your sexiest jammies packed.;) Look forward to your posts once its all over.

Jan

Hi Jan

Thanks for that. Got some new jammies as a friend said it was very hot in there and the ones I got had a pull over top which might not be suitable as it's a neck incision. Went to Primark and found some really light cotton ones with cap sleeves and button up front. No way sexy though, lol.

Got to be there a 7.00am so I hope I don't have to wait all morning.:eek::eek: I'll be glad when it's over now.

Was RR winding us up last night?:confused:

Jan

7am..............thatse early? I will be at work by then on my second cup of tea by then

Good luck for tomorrow 8.gif

Thanks RR, glad you've not gone away, AGAIN!!:D Got my bag packed and now I'm going to eat, eat, eat until 12 midnight when I have to starve.:D;)

Finally, sussed out how to get library DRM ebooks onto a device so I've downloaded an ebook onto the tablet and also an audio book and transferred that onto my little media player. Ta da!! only took me 3 days and endless reading of Adobe Digital Editions website. Aargh!! The library website is rubbish for correct info.

Who fancies a little trip to Egypt? cheap prices. All the attractions are shut but there's plenty of entertainment on the streets.:D:D

Jan

Hi Jan

Thanks for that. Got some new jammies as a friend said it was very hot in there and the ones I got had a pull over top which might not be suitable as it's a neck incision. Went to Primark and found some really light cotton ones with cap sleeves and button up front. No way sexy though, lol.

Got to be there a 7.00am so I hope I don't have to wait all morning.:eek::eek: I'll be glad when it's over now.

Jan

Hi Jan. All the best for tomorrow. That is an early start but hopefully that means it will be over early. Take care. Mo. :)

Hi Jan. All the best for tomorrow. That is an early start but hopefully that means it will be over early. Take care. Mo. :)

Thanks Mo. I've been a greedy little piggy tonight. Just had a cup of coffee, a mince pie, 2 after eight mints and a handful of peanuts, lol.:D It's psychological I think, because I have to starve I just want to eat more.:D;) It's got to stop now, just passing time.

Jan

Went to football last night and it snowed :eek:

We won 0 - 2 after a 40 mile round journey ..didn't feel so cold after all :D

:D:Dnow is the time to educate you to a real sport RR COMING SOON RUGBY LEAGUE SKY SPORTS 11 feb no rolling about pretending to be injured

(castleford tigers):D:D

Thank everyone, I'm back home after the longest day and night of my life. Patience is definitely a virtue, lol. Op went well, I'm a bit bruised and battered but a nice little scar and my voice is ok. Got there at 7.00am but no bed and had to sit in the day room for 4 hours with a woman who smelled of alcohol and cigarettes. Rough as a bears bum, lol.:eek:. Found out the op would be in the afternoon so I could have had breakfast. Moved to another ward and sat there for another 3 hours. Had the op and felt well until bedtime when the old lady opposite started wheezing and snoring the whole night long with a machine to help her breathe whirring away. Murder was nearly committed and I only had one hours sleep, :eek:. Had my last blood test this morning at 9.30am and could go home after but then waited another 4 hours for the results. Had a couple of hours sleep when I got back.:D

I'll shut up about it now as I've heard enough of other peoples ailments to last me a lifetime in the past 24 hours and I don't want to turn into a big bore.:D

Jan

Hi Jan

Welcome back. It's been quiet since you went off. Glad all has gone well. It's amazing how the medical profession think it's good for patients to hang around for hours on end. Hope you don't have any more problems and you can now get on with planning your next cruise.:)

Jan

Hi Jan

Welcome back. It's been quiet since you went off. Glad all has gone well. It's amazing how the medical profession think it's good for patients to hang around for hours on end. Hope you don't have any more problems and you can now get on with planning your next cruise.:)

Jan

Thanks Jan, I can't believe it's only been a couple of days. It feels like weeks, watching that clock on the ward in the night, tic toc, tic toc.:D:D

Jan

3.gif

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Thank everyone, I'm back home after the longest day and night of my life. Patience is definitely a virtue, lol. Op went well, I'm a bit bruised and battered but a nice little scar and my voice is ok. Got there at 7.00am but no bed and had to sit in the day room for 4 hours with a woman who smelled of alcohol and cigarettes. Rough as a bears bum, lol.:eek:. Found out the op would be in the afternoon so I could have had breakfast. Moved to another ward and sat there for another 3 hours. Had the op and felt well until bedtime when the old lady opposite started wheezing and snoring the whole night long with a machine to help her breathe whirring away. Murder was nearly committed and I only had one hours sleep, :eek:. Had my last blood test this morning at 9.30am and could go home after but then waited another 4 hours for the results. Had a couple of hours sleep when I got back.:D

I'll shut up about it now as I've heard enough of other peoples ailments to last me a lifetime in the past 24 hours and I don't want to turn into a big bore.:D

Jan

Hi Jan! Poor you - what a time you've had. Glad it's over and hope you keep well now. :) Kind regards. Mo.

Thanks Mo and Linda. Took the dog out, which maybe wasn't a great idea but at least I got some sleep last night. I saw a friend who was having an op at the same time in the pre-op room and a young woman was wheeled in. She was asked if she'd had any operations "A caesarean and a boob job" she replied. Well!! don't you just want to look?!! We both had our eyes on the ceiling, lol. Then a doctor came in and asked for a Mrs Duffy and 2 people put their hands up, :eek:. How spooky is that? you couldn't make it up. Good job one of them wasn't having their leg off.:D

Can you imaging drinking the night before an operation though, these people are insane.:eek:

Jan

Jan,

From personal experience they might have been drinking on the day of the op:eek:

You might be right there. How long can you smell alcohol on the breath? RR would know, lol.:D;)

Jan

Archived