Island Escape thread and other useless info.

Rebel Rouser

Good luck from me as well RR. Did you fill up on pancakes?

Lucky you going private, I had to get there for 7.30am last year and sat around for 6 hours, finally went in at 2pm. As soon as you wake up start drinking water, gallons of it, as you'll get the drip out quickly and recover even quicker. When do you get out?:):)

It's just me and Mo left then, lol.:D

Jan

Oh! I'm going to Barbados, funky palm trees.:):)

Just booked for 8th April on the Dream, prices dropped from Manchester, cabin upgrades also. Plus, adults only on that cruise.:) A bit of a drag for a week but can't do 14 nights as they do the relocation cruise a week later and there's no way I want to do 6 nights at sea.:eek::eek: I need some sun and it's just before my birthday, can't wait.:D

I'm thinking of you RR, hungry, bored. Still, it's an ill wind.

Jan

Oh! I'm going to Barbados, funky palm trees.

Just booked for 8th April on the Dream, prices dropped from Manchester, cabin upgrades also. Plus, adults only on that cruise.:) A bit of a drag for a week but can't do 14 nights as they do the relocation cruise a week later and there's no way I want to do 6 nights at sea.:eek: I need some sun and it's just before my birthday, can't wait.:D

Jan

Hi Jan!

That sounds great! We still have nothing booked, but I keep looking. Still think it will be a hotel holiday. There are always 3 of us as our daughter is special needs. So we tend to base things on what is best for her. She loves the cruises but the cabins are small for 3 adults.

Will look forward to hearing what you think of the Dream. It is getting good reviews.

Hope RR gets on okay. :)

Mo.

Minimum of 3 weeks :D

I need a holiday :confused: but not sure if I can take one being off sick.

Just looked at the dream on that date :eek: bloody expensive and £398 for drink package plus we would have to fly from Gatwick...with cost of Holiday and drinks plus driving 100 miles x 2 to airport this holiday would cost over £3000 I got 2 weeks for less than that with AI in peak season.

Will stick with going to Argate instead.

Must order some films to chillax for a few weeks :p

Does it hurt?

I noticed it was more expensive from other airports. We got it for £795 + £49 cabin upgrade to outside 5/6. It was £868 + £70 the day before. Not bothered about the AI as we don't drink much, a nice cup of tea and a piece of cake, lol. Just going to pick the cabin. I don't see why you can't grab a holiday, there's some good deals going for cruise and stay for the Red Sea and Sharm in March. If we hadn't gone to Sharm last year we could have got 2 weeks for the price of going to the Caribbean next month. Flight terrible though, really cramped. Apparently the Caribbean flight has plenty of leg room plus meals and drinks (non-alcoholic I assume).:)

Jan

For most of the people who post on here are probably over 50 :D and the lurkers probably older :p no offence meant mrs :)

But I found this so true, just showed my Mum n Dad who just popped round to see if I was ok after my OP. They said it is so true.

TO ALL THE CHILDREN WHO SURVIVED THE 1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's!

First, we survived being born to mothers Who smoked and/or drank while they were Pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, Tuna from a can and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-base paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, Locks on doors or cabinets and when we rode

Our bikes, we had baseball caps not helmets on our heads.

As infants & children, We would ride in cars with no car seats, No booster seats, no seat belts, no air bags, bald tires and sometimes no brakes.

Riding in the back of a pick-up truck on a warm day Was always a special treat.

We drank water From the garden hose and not from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, From one bottle and no one actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread, real butter and bacon. We drank Kool-Aid made with real white sugar. And, we weren't overweight. WHY?

Because we were Always outside playing... that's why!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, As long as we were back when the

Streetlights came on.

No one was able To reach us all day. And, we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps And then ride them down the hill, only to find out We forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's and X-boxes. There were no video games, no 150 channels on cable, No video movies or DVD's, no surround-sound or CD's, No cell phones, No personal computers, no Internet and no chat rooms. WE HAD FRIENDS And we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth And there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, And the worms did not live in us Forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, Made up games with sticks and tennis balls and,

Although we were told it would happen, We did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and Knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just

Walked in and talked to them.

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal With disappointment. Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law Was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

These generations have produced some of the best Risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever.

The past 50 years Have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.

If YOU are one of them? CONGRATULATIONS! You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as children, before the lawyers and the government regulated so much of our lives for our own good.

While you are at it, forward it to your children so they will know how brave and lucky their parents were.

Kind of makes you want to run through the house with scissors, doesn't it?

I hate to say it but I've seen it before, years ago.:D

Positively tropical here today, windows and doors open and the sun is warm. Lovely.

Booked our cabin on deck 6. I had a list of 10 and only 1 was available, also the cabin upgrades went up today, £63. Doesn't pay to linger.

How's the knee today? Just for once answer the question, lol.:p

Jan

Plenty of rest today..now about to go out to play :D

Got boring today..watched 3 dvds :confused: had my afternoon nap :p now raring to go

It's all right for some! I spent yesterday afternoon digging post holes for the fence that blew down in the winter. Ouch! my back!:eek::eek: Why do people bury bricks in the garden? I had to dig one out that was lengthways down.:eek:

Been all morning looking for a "cheap" holiday :mad: thought the prices might come down since Concordia :confused:

Woke up this morning and my knee wound had leaked all night ... :eek:

I told you to rest it. Now do as nursey says.:rolleyes:

Have a look for land based holidays. First Choice has a few AI in the Canaries and Sharm, I was looking at them last night for the next 2 weeks. Destiny for next Friday. Or wait until Wednesday for price drops, don't wait too long as Easter is on the horizon.:)

When the team wins ..I'm happy :D

Another little bit of Info re the good ship IE.

Type:

cruise ship

Tonnage:

40,132 GT (gross tonnage)[1]

Length:

189.89 m (623 ft 0 in)

Draught:

7.20 m (23 ft 7 in)

Decks:

10 (passenger accessible)

Capacity:

1544 passengers (lower berths)