Island Escape thread and other useless info.

Rebel Rouser

Office?

Good thinking. As I had nothing better to do I had a thought when I was in bed that when I was reinstalling Windows and the software it kept hanging up when installing some of the 68 items and I had to stop the task and move on, which it did. So I'll have a go at trying to reinstall it from the disk. My golden rule with computers is not to do any stupid late at night or disaster!!

Just had a look at Dream in the Canaries in October. AI was £138, now £398 but still free in November.:)

Jan

If you have the original disc for XP, insert. Then open up a command prompt (black screen) as adminastrator and after the C prompt

C:\windows\system32>

Type: sfc scannow

Note: there is a space between sfc and scannow

Then hit enter ..it should run and repair your files, if it askes for your permission just say yes to all ;)

See I do have a serious side :p

Thanks RR. I've only got back to it tonight, everything seems to be defaulting to Documents and Settings. I was looking for the other installed software (apart from Windows XP) on the installation disk but didn't see it. I'll give it a try in a bit.

How's the knee?:):)

Jan

I'm assuming that I start the boot up with the disk in the drive. Do I press an F key? and if so which one? I pondered too long and it booted up into windows. Brain's gone.:eek:

Jan

Thanks RR. I'll have a go in a bit. Not using XP I'm not really sure about the paths as everything seems to go into Documents and Settings. I need to find out how to default installation of programs into Program Files and not D and S. Little steps, at least an unusable pc is now usable.:):)

I did warn them on the other side about the mods. Sailing close to the wind for some time one there, if you'll forgive the pun. They're are very strict on there, censorship rules.

Better on here, no one knows about us.

Jan

Still no news re the Island Escape?

Nothing , Zilch, Zero, Best kept secret me thinks :rolleyes:

Only that over on the Thomson thread there was a rumour that this summer will be her last? Maybe replaced by Destiny which is being replaced by Majesty etc etc.

Ooops, should read the previous posts

Only that over on the Thomson thread there was a rumour that this summer will be her last? Maybe replaced by Destiny which is being replaced by Majesty etc etc.

Ooops, should read the previous posts

Try and keep up with the drivellers Dave!;):D

Jan

Shattered. Grandson's 2nd birthday party in the middle of nowhere down country lanes, thank god for sat nav. Eldest grandson's birthday tomorrow and daughter-in-law's birthday next week. I felt like Santa loaded up with presents. Ker ching!:eek:

Been moderated so many times on Thomson forum

shall I play on here now for a while ? :eek:

Stevie ;)

You might run, but you can't hide.....(maybe if you don't head up your topic as "Moderators", you might get away with it - slight giveaway there;);))

(by the way: I'm not stalking you - just happened to see your name on the Island Escape thread when I logged in :rolleyes::D and no-one can resist reading your posts!)

You might run, but you can't hide.....(maybe if you don't head up your topic as "Moderators", you might get away with it - slight giveaway there;);))

(by the way: I'm not stalking you - just happened to see your name on the Island Escape thread when I logged in :rolleyes::D and no-one can resist reading your posts!)

I will behave I promise :D

RR and others would be a little annoyed if this longest thread in the world went down :rolleyes:

Stvevie

Fireman Sam is the best :)

RR have you got your knee in the right position ? for physio

I have got helmet on ,but great my great nieces who are 4 and 6 say I am not

cool and should grow up :eek:

if above spelling is wrong sorry :rolleyes: just to not get moderated again

Stevie :)

Got bored and went on walk about :D

It's amazing what you can read :)

Times have changed.

The cruise lines are now marketing to the homeless, the unemployed, those raised by wolves, and the criminally insane.

:eek:

I wonder who they were talking about :confused:

Another day @ the ranch :cool:

What shall I do today? not a lot ..car gone for a MOT :rolleyes: dodgy knee..o well another day on the sofa watching fireman sam :D

Should be some interesting news today with Thomson now not showing the Destiny and putting the Majesty in it's place....I feel for the peeps that have booked the Destiny and put on another ship..If like the times they put the Good ship IE in dry dock over the past 2 winters. Take it or leave it here's your refund *&^%$%^& <<<<< swear word :p

Archived