How do I transfer booking to internet agency after paying princess in full.

Dena

Hi,

I booked through Princess and paid in full because the price of a balcony was less than I found elsewhere. Now I want to upgrade the cabin to a mini suite and Princess shows a price that is still less than the internet travel agencies, BUT this category is wait listed. However, a well-known internet travel agency is showing availability for a mini for much less than Princess is offering for their lowest AVAILABLE mini, plus the internet company is offering onboard credit. I would rather not rely on wait list, since Princess said the price isn't guaranteed anyway (that is, even if I clear wait list, I may be offered the cabin for a higher price).

So how would I transfer? Who do I call first the internet company or Princess? I guess I would just pay the difference to the internet company.

We are less than a month from sailing and I bought platinum insurance, if this changes anything.

If you are past the final payment date, you cannot transfer the booking.

If you paid early and have not reached the final payment date, talk to the TA, they should be able to handle the transfer. Be sure you are clear on what you will get & pay if you transfer.

Hi,

I booked through Princess and paid in full because the price of a balcony was less than I found elsewhere. Now I want to upgrade the cabin to a mini suite and Princess shows a price that is still less than the internet travel agencies, BUT this category is wait listed. However, a well-known internet travel agency is showing availability for a mini for much less than Princess is offering for their lowest AVAILABLE mini, plus the internet company is offering onboard credit. I would rather not rely on wait list, since Princess said the price isn't guaranteed anyway (that is, even if I clear wait list, I may be offered the cabin for a higher price).

So how would I transfer? Who do I call first the internet company or Princess? I guess I would just pay the difference to the internet company.

We are less than a month from sailing and I bought platinum insurance, if this changes anything.

Yes, the above last line does change everything. You cannot transfer your booking so in essence unless Princess allows you to upgrade to the mini you are essentially out of luck. However, If Princess allows you to waitlist and still keep what you have, you have nothing to lose. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

We booked a balcony for 699 for a seven day Mexico, but Princess was offering mini suites for 899. We were debating whether it was worth it to give up our forward balcony (everyone says book forward to avoid smoke, and we had the forward most balcony). Also, I like a covered balcony. Yet a tub and sofa would also be nice. We decided today that the price was too good to ignore. Sadly, the cabins that were available late last night were gone today. So instead of paying 400 to upgrade, it would have been around 960. So we are on wait list and will see what happens. Unlike last night, all the ocean view and balconies, and most of the minis are now wait listed. Insides still have good availability. I wonder if a flash sale happened today. I don't know much about flash sales, but it sounds like something happened. For example family members on the same sailing were in a BF and got assigned a BA.

I am guessing deals like these won't be common in the future as ships leave CA, so we are happy with what we have and the price we paid. Still hope to try a mini one day.

You'll have a great cruise in your balcony--and be able to spend that $400 on something great.

A lot of times there's no great rush of new people, it's just that the Princess computer starts assigning cabins. No one can predict when that's going to happen for all the passengers who booked guarantee cabins. But when it happens en masse, a lot of the categories that had tons of available cabins are all of a sudden waitlisted.

Thanks Geoherb,

I know you are right. We would enjoy it either way. Yet, Princess just emailed and we cleared waitlist and are getting a covered mini balcony. I marked it no upgrade, because we like the shade. We have never had a mini before, so we are very happy.

Thanks Geoherb,

I know you are right. We would enjoy it either way. Yet, Princess just emailed and we cleared waitlist and are getting a covered mini balcony. I marked it no upgrade, because we like the shade. We have never had a mini before, so we are very happy.

Your mini is on Emerald deck aft. Correct? Anywhere else it's not covered.

I remember getting a notice from Princess that after a certain number of days after original booking, you could NOT transfer to a travel agent. I tried to find it in the Princess Web Site, but couldn't. I did find a notice on 'Cruise Line Fans' Below I copied the notice from that site, dated 10/18/10. It refers to RCCL, but I assume that it is referring to the Corporation, not the line itself? Does anyone else remember this, or know if they rescinded that rule; and was it for RCCL ships only??

"New Rules for Transferring reservations from RCCL to Travel Agent

This new rule goes into effect today. You now only have 60 days from when you booked your cruise to transfer it to a travel agent. There is a form you can use to make this transaction. Here's what it says on the form:

Bookings may be transferred to a Travel Agent up until 60 days from creation if the request is made outside of Final Payment period and the booking is not paid in full. If a booking has a ChoiceAir ticket and the transfer request involves a change in currency we cannot accommodate a transfer. If you would like to transfer your reservation to a Travel Agent, please complete this form and return to us via fax."

Lancet

I remember getting a notice from Princess that after a certain number of days after original booking, you could NOT transfer to a travel agent. I tried to find it in the Princess Web Site, but couldn't. I did find a notice on 'Cruise Line Fans' Below I copied the notice from that site, dated 10/18/10. It refers to RCCL, but I assume that it is referring to the Corporation, not the line itself? Does anyone else remember this, or know if they rescinded that rule; and was it for RCCL ships only??

That was (and is) for Royal Caribbean ships only.

Archived