Breakfast really only till 9:30????

mattR

Have noticed that the breakfast times are posted only till 9:30am is there anywhere other then room service to get breakfast after that on the Jewel? We are normally not ready for breakfast till around 10-10:30.

Wonderful thanks for the info!

Your thread brought a smile to my face. I recall my first cruise in 1986... I never got to my cabin before 2 or 3 a.m. So, no way I'm up early for breakfast... Now, well not so much... Haha.

Have a great cruise!

That is true, but my last cruise (at 42) never saw me go to sleep before two AM but I still was up before sun-up. Best part of the day is 4am-5am, when your ship is pulling into its slip. If you are on the bow, anyway. My next trip is in the stern, so maybe I'll sleep in...

I just looked at a Freestyle daily from October. It stated that the Garden cafe served Breakfast buffet until 10:30 and the Great Outdoors served breakfast buffet until 11:30

While Great Outdoors serves breakfast and lunch longer than Garden Cafe, it's good to remember that while perfectly ok compared to most hotel breakfasts, the selection in the outside is usually quite limited compared to offerings of different stations in Garden Cafe.

I prefer getting up "early" enough to get to Garden Cafe before it closes so that I have enough to choose from (I get quite bored if eating exactly or almost the same thing over and over again) - otherwise it's almost the same as ordering from normal room service menu or going to Blue Lagoon.

Just my $0.02 :)

People mention Blue Lagoon for breakfast, but having never been on an NCL ship or had the luck to find a menu for them I don't know what they offer. Do they have breakfast items in the BL? What?

Here's a link to a cruise critic thread in reference to BL's Jewel menu.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1172501

Archived