Just booked QE for 5 day trip in April

north east girl

I just can't help myself, just had to book this trip. Looking forward to going to Amsterdam.

Will be going to visit the Anne Frank House. Did not have time when we were last in Amsterdam.

Managed to get a corner stateroom with extra space in cabin and a larger balcony. Refused a upgrade this time.

Catherine

I just can't help myself, just had to book this trip. Looking forward to going to Amsterdam.

Will be going to visit the Anne Frank House. Did not have time when we were last in Amsterdam.

Managed to get a corner stateroom with extra space in cabin and a larger balcony. Refused a upgrade this time.

Catherine

Hope that you enjoy it, great pancakes too but long queues to see the Franke house. I think you can queue jump by pre booking on line but I am not sure.

Hope that you enjoy it, great pancakes too but long queues to see the Franke house. I think you can queue jump by pre booking on line but I am not sure.

Thanks Capn, Will have to try that. Last time we were there with friends the queue was long and they did not want to wait.

However, we are travelling in style this time. We went be coach and through the channel tunnel as some of our friends did not like to fly. Will be having 2 days there, should have enough time to fit every thing in.

Do you not fancy this short trip?

Catherine

Thanks Capn, Will have to try that. Last time we were there with friends the queue was long and they did not want to wait.

However, we are travelling in style this time. We went be coach and through the channel tunnel as some of our friends did not like to fly. Will be having 2 days there, should have enough time to fit every thing in.

Do you not fancy this short trip?

Catherine

Am on QV in April to the Canaries, but otherwise; never say never! :)

Hi northeastgirl!

Enjoy the trip! I did the same trip twice on QV in 2010 and will be doing it 3 times in 2011 - sailing via the IJmuiden locks is lovely! :)

Cheers,

Chris

ps. There was no queue for Anne Franke's house in December - even the tour guide said it was the first time she had seen it without a queue.. perhaps the heavy snow was putting people off! ;)

QE is lovely, obviously similar to QV but the interior seems a lot lighter, the carpets are wonderful especially in the lift lobbys, here are some photos

http://picasaweb.google.com/jimcollins123/QueenElizabeth#

Thanks Capn, She looks amazing, especially the Q2 suite. Cannot wait now.

Catherine

Hi northeastgirl!

Enjoy the trip! I did the same trip twice on QV in 2010 and will be doing it 3 times in 2011 - sailing via the IJmuiden locks is lovely! :)

Cheers,

Chris

ps. There was no queue for Anne Franke's house in December - even the tour guide said it was the first time she had seen it without a queue.. perhaps the heavy snow was putting people off! ;)

Thanks lunaticg, I think I will try to book on line before hand.

Catherine

Catherine

Hi Cahterine :)

I hope you have a great time on Queen Elizabeth, I am on board her in January 2012 so I look forward to hearing what you think of her :)

Catherine :confused: :eek: :D

Well done! You just couldn't manage without a Cunard experience :rolleyes:

Have a wonderful time the room sounds great. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Kath

You are so right, could not manage without a Cunard trip to look forward to.

Got lucky with the cabin, have been checking a TA on line all week. The cabin is an A4 on the corner of one of the hump bits (if that is what you call it). Got extra space on the balcony and in the cabin.

Have you got any the booked for this year?

Catherine

You are so right, could not manage without a Cunard trip to look forward to.

Got lucky with the cabin, have been checking a TA on line all week. The cabin is an A4 on the corner of one of the hump bits (if that is what you call it). Got extra space on the balcony and in the cabin.

Have you got any the booked for this year?

Catherine

QE to USA and Canada in Sept :)

Thanks Lanky Lad, Looks like you have got QV to look forward to.

Catherine

Yes, I have 16 nights on QV to look forward to in March/April 2011, then QE in January 2012 but thats only 5 nights.

As I am taking 3 weeks off for the QV cruise, I don't really have time for another in 2011 but I will be keeping an eye on the two night cruises on QM2 and if there is an offer like there was this year, I might be tempted. :)

I too will be joining this sailing. We will be in London during the Royal Wedding and then head to Southampton for the "Queen Elizabeth".

Also, we will be sailing on "Queen Victoria" for the short 4 night cruise on Feb 13, 2011. So, it will be interesting to compare the sisters within a short time frame. QM2 is my favorite ship, but I think that the interior of the QE is fantastic.

Rick

Yes, I have 16 nights on QV to look forward to in March/April 2011, then QE in January 2012 but thats only 5 nights.

As I am taking 3 weeks off for the QV cruise, I don't really have time for another in 2011 but I will be keeping an eye on the two night cruises on QM2 and if there is an offer like there was this year, I might be tempted. :)

It's difficult when you work (and difficult when you don't work for a different reason :rolleyes:) Wishing you a belated happy new year and hope that all is well.

Hi Catherine. I hope you are Tony are well.

Fancy a drink in the Commodore Club before dinner on the first night? We booked this trip a while ago as it leaves on Marks birthday (21 again!)

We are much looking forward to this trip. I have decided we will do the bicycle tour in Amsterdam on the first day we are there but have not decided what to do in the other places.

Counting down the days now.

Clare and Mark

It's difficult when you work (and difficult when you don't work for a different reason :rolleyes:) Wishing you a belated happy new year and hope that all is well.

A belated Happy New Year to you :) All is well here thanks, I hope all is well with you. We are just playing the waiting game now just over 2 months until we fly out to Miami to meet QV :)

Catherine

My A4 secret is out! I am sure I know what cabin you are talking about. I have had one of these before and managed to book again for the Atlantic Homecoming, (which Lanky Lad is also on).

Catherine, if this is so, you will not be disappointed.

Archived