Travel docs ?

james j feller

You will recieve the cruise booklet 4-6 weeks prior to your cruise

If you Oceania air then you will get the e-ticket about 2 -3wks prior by email

Make sure your email address on file is up to date

Some cases the booklet will go to your TA unless otherwise specified

Lyn

Is it necessary to bring along the cruise booklet we received 4 weeks prior to the cruise...Or, should we just bring our E-tickets for the air, and passport?

Is it necessary to bring along the cruise booklet we received 4 weeks prior to the cruise...Or, should we just bring our E-tickets for the air, and passport?

At Miami they ask to see our proof that we were on the cruise before they allowed us in the terminal

I take my final invoice as well as the personal info page from the booklet

That was the only port I was required to show my paperwork

Lyn

At Miami they ask to see our proof that we were on the cruise before they allowed us in the terminal

Lyn

When we boarded in Rio the authorities asked to see our paperwork before we boarded. I had only copied my paperwork and not Frank's and there was some discussion before they would let him on board.

Make a copy of the Info page which shows all travelers just to be on the safe side.

Lyn

Ditto for us in Miami and no other ports.

We bring a great deal of camera equipment. Before we leave, we photograph the open case, showing all the equipment and email it to ourselves, leaving the email on our smartphone. If we get stopped by customs, we can show the dated photo, so they won't think we bought the equipment on the trip and need to pay duty. (with the weak dollar lately, this is a moot point, as the equipment is cheaper in the US). We can bring along receipts, but this is easier.

We bring a great deal of camera equipment. Before we leave, we photograph the open case, showing all the equipment and email it to ourselves, leaving the email on our smartphone. If we get stopped by customs, we can show the dated photo, so they won't think we bought the equipment on the trip and need to pay duty.

Here in Canada we can get green cards from customs for our valuables before we leave the country

It is like a proof of ownership

They document the item, serial numbers etc.. stamped & dated by he official

Good for as long as you own the item

Lyn

Hi everybody,

I would like to come back on topic and have a question about the travel documents. We are sailing on Marina July 15 and I have been looking for the wonderful docs (thx for the picture posted by Jim) the last weeks.

Today I asked my travel agent and she told me that there will be no such package. The only thing we need - and get - is a print out of the

"Guest Registration Form" from the website.

Is this because the travel agency is an online one or because we are in Germany or anything else? I really would love to have this booklet :(

Just wondering....

Ulrike

I am another one who had a passport stolen (Prague, November 1998) and getting it replaced was vastly facilitated by my having a photocopy of my passport to show at the Embassy. (They were about to close for the day for passport business and we were leaving Prague early the next morning so time WAS of the essence.)

But I've never heard that color copies are forbidden! I have been breaking the law for a while ...

We just received our documents for our Alaska cruise (departing August 14th) and it just had the booklet and our luggage tags. Actual documents seem to be a thing of the past. Yes, the booklet does contain a copy of our passenger information form.

Mura

Hi everybody,

I would like to come back on topic and have a question about the travel documents. We are sailing on Marina July 15 and I have been looking for the wonderful docs (thx for the picture posted by Jim) the last weeks.

Today I asked my travel agent and she told me that there will be no such package. The only thing we need - and get - is a print out of the

"Guest Registration Form" from the website.

Is this because the travel agency is an online one or because we are in Germany or anything else? I really would love to have this booklet :(

Just wondering....

Ulrike

It also contains your luggage tags and other information.Your TA being an on-line one should have no bearing on getting a package or not. Suggest re-contact them and if no satisfaction e-mail Oceania. Since you are in Germany I'm sure you don't want to call. Others on this board may have more ideas. Good luck.

We just received our documents for our Alaska cruise (departing August 14th) and it just had the booklet and our luggage tags. Actual documents seem to be a thing of the past. Yes, the booklet does contain a copy of our passenger information form.

Mura

According to my TA, even the booklet will not be sent out to me :eek:

But IMHO booking a premium cruise and boarding with just a self printed single page ist kind of strange....

According to my TA, even the booklet will not be sent out to me :eek:

But IMHO booking a premium cruise and boarding with just a self printed single page ist kind of strange....

I would email Oceania for a correct answer

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/guestservices/default.aspx

Hopefully you will get an answer quickly

Did you fill in the Guest Registration forms online or through the TA?

I would email Oceania for a correct answer

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/guestservices/default.aspx

Hopefully you will get an answer quickly

Did you fill in the Guest Registration forms online or through the TA?

Contacting Oceania will be the second step. The information here in CC by all the experienced is often much more useful ;-)

And I filled out the online form by myself and got a immediate - automated - reply by "Special Services".

The information here in CC by all the experienced is often much more useful ;-)

That is true

Most people on here are from North America so they may have different TA's than you would in Germany..... unless you booked with a US agent?

My TA has the booklet sent directly to me from Oceania

I have heard some agents will get the booklet then forward to their clients

Hope you get it worked out ...it is a nice booklet ;)

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

Forget everything I've said! Coming home from work today, I found the booklet in my mail! Everything perfect just some of You have described.

Maybe I should put up a second profession doing some telepathy?

And fyi: it is printed in the US, sent to the german office and then forwarded to the cruiser. No TA involved....

The actual ticket will be sent electronically next week.

Sorry for the confusion.....

Archived