Ruby Princess Maitre D Generoso

crusinpeg

I am the OP and was just curious about where Generoso was last week on the Ruby...we had anytime dining in the Michaelangelo dining room and never saw him..the only time we saw him was at the cooking demonstration in the Princess Theater. We dined around 8:00.

I gave him a warm greeting from a past passenger that he knew and he rewarded me with a free bottle of wine for just delivering the message. :)

LOL.. we're sailing on the Ruby on Sunday, who wants me to say hello?!?!? :D

Have heard such wonderful things about Generoso, really looking forward to meeting him!

Please don't take this as gospel, but last night I asked Godwin about Generoso, Rui and Godwin himself and their vacations. If I understood him correctly, allthree will be on the Ruby for the May transatlantic. Generoso and Rui will be going on vacation then. Godwin will go for a short time in the summer. At least he and generoso will be back on the Ruby for the fall transatlantic which is the one a large group of us are doing.

Bruce, I will send them greetings from you and Sharon. BTW, when are you guys going to join the rest of our great group?

Please don't take this as gospel, but last night I asked Godwin about Generoso, Rui and Godwin himself and their vacations. If I understood him correctly, allthree will be on the Ruby for the May transatlantic. Generoso and Rui will be going on vacation then. Godwin will go for a short time in the summer. At least he and generoso will be back on the Ruby for the fall transatlantic which is the one a large group of us are doing.

Bruce, I will send them greetings from you and Sharon. BTW, when are you guys going to join the rest of our great group?

That is good news that they will be on board for our fall trans Atlantic. We look forward to seeing them again.

When I think Maitre d', I picture Generoso. He's so good that he spoils it for all the rest. There are so many excellent staff members on the Ruby, starting with the Captain. It's the place to be. I just wish that they would go back to the 10 day Caribbean itinerary. Looking forward to the fall Greek Islands and the transatlantic.

:)Go ahead and tell him 'Ciao' for me and get a bottle of wine, sounds good to me. Alice

Our first cruise (Ocean Princess, Aug 2002) we had the pleasure of meeting Generoso. He took a real liking to our then 13 year old son, Michael. Since that cruise, we have sailed with Generoso on the Coral, Emerald and most recently, the Ruby. He is the prime reason we have sailed wih Princess 18 times, with two more cruises planned for this year. He is the most personable and charming man I have ever met! It is true he remembers you even if it's been awhile since he has last seen you. While on the Emerald, we were unable to secure a reservation at the Chef's Table until we mentioned the fact to Generoso. He scheduled an extra Chef's Table for us, which was the most exciting evening in our cruising career! He makes an effort to stop at our table each evening and for those of you who cruise often, you know the Maitre D position is extremely demanding. He is always accommodating to take photos each cruise and will beckon me to step forward on the evening of the Champagne Waterfall. Generoso's staff, which includes Augusto, Thomas, Pasquale and Godwin are also very anxious to please. No request is left unanswered. I could go on and on.....as you can see I'm an active member of the Generoso fan club!!

Generoso is fabulous! My first Princess cruise ever was a couple months ago on the Ruby. The CC roll call group had a meet and mingle early in the cruise and Generoso was one of four senior crew members to show up (along with the Captain, Food & Beverage manager and Cruise Director). I mentioned to him that I would be visiting Italy this summer and we chatted for a bit about that. After that, every time I saw him on the ship (which was almost every day) he greeted me with a big hug and that European "kiss kiss" on each cheek. When I mentioned him to my travel agent when I got home, she said that he treated her the same way on her cruise a month before mine.

During the Champagne fountain event, I found myself in front of the line when it started. When they called for the first lady to come up and pour the champange with Generoso, another woman moved forward ahead of me. We both paused and looked at each other, and I (foolishly) let her go first. When I got up there right after, Generoso gave me a look and said "I wanted you to be first". Oh well, I didn't buy the cruise video anyway.

He just has a way of making everyone he comes in contact with feel like they are the most special person in the world.

After this, I found myself wishing I'd booked my Med cruise on the Ruby instead of the Star so my Mom could meet him, but unfortunately the way the cruise schedule is for that itinerary, the Star just worked out better, date wise.

I am definitely going to try to schedule another Ruby cruise (or whatever cruise ship he may transfer to). He truly was one of the highlights of my cruise.

Archived