Ruby Princess Maitre D Generoso

crusinpeg

I never really interacted that much with a Maitre D, but since I'll soon be on the Ruby I was reading alot of reviews and seeing Generoso's name come up quite frequently. What is it that makes him so memorable? Is he in a certain dining room or does he circlulate all of them? Traditional or Anytime?

He is wonderful. The first time we ever cared how a Maitre D acted. He did do Anytime Dining walkarounds when we were on the Ruby. Wonderful host for the Chefs Table also.

Princess needs to clone him. I think I will start a petition for him to be on the Emerald, March 18, 2011. :D

He must love his job:):)

Northender....If you can get him to the Emerald please get him there for Feb 6. We were all set to do chef's table with him on the Ruby. He had to cancel it. My only regret on the whole perfect cruise. He said next time to let him know and he would be sure and get me a spot. then i booked on the Emerald...LOL!!! So, I REALLY need him on the Emerald in February!!!

What is it about him? I think its that he loves his job and if he meets you once he remembers you forever...What a great skill to have. Just a charming man.

I understand he reads these boards....IF so, Generoso...Please slide on over to the Emerald!!!

Generoso is the consummate host who wants to make sure that every guest has a wonderful time, especially when dining. Generoso is highly visible and can be seen greeting passengers just about everywhere on the ship. If you encounter any problems with food or service, Generoso will do whatever it takes to ensure that your dining experience is the best that it can be: He is Maitre d' Extraordinaire!

Bon Appetit!

Chris

'Didn't have contact with Generoso as we had anytime dining last May - Goodwin in that dining room was wonderful!

Godwin is headwaiter in DaVinci, as is Rui in Michelangelo. We were with you on the Ruby in May and Generoso came by our table each and every night.

Generoso is the "poster child" for what a maitre d' should be. He is truly a gem that Princess recognizes as such since he organizes the new ships dining rooms and staff and is the maitre on the inaugeral season of most of Princesses fleet. I'm sure that the new builds will have him involved as heavily as the past.

the wife and i first met Generoso on the golden princess when she was new,and he does have the same team . when we return on his ships yes he remembers you with hugs and kisses. we talk about family and retirement which neither of us have done yet. we are booked on the crown for the 29th of jan. and will not see my friend but will email him to let him know i did not forget him , as he is the best .

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

We have him as our Matire D on The Emerald, it was the cruise were

he was just about to go through a swing door when a passenger opened

from the otherside, result almost a broken finger, any one else recall him

with the finger.

What is good about him is the way the team around him appear to be

happier, provide better service.

yours shogun

I have known him over 15yrs. He has been on most if not all the Princess ships. Last time we spoke he said Ruby was his last ship. I will see him next month and see if he hasn't changed his mind. Definitely agree Princess should clone him.

Princess needs to clone him. I think I will start a petition for him to be on the Emerald, March 18, 2011.

If Nicola Furlan is still on the Emerald, you will not be disappointed. He is the best maitre d', and his waitstaff the best that we've ever seen on Princess. He is far and away better than Jose who fills in on the Ruby during Generoso's vacations.

If Nicola Furlan is still on the Emerald, you will not be disappointed. He is the best maitre d', and his waitstaff the best that we've ever seen on Princess. He is far and away better than Jose who fills in on the Ruby during Generoso's vacations.

I have to respectfully disagree about Jose.. During our cruise on the Ruby, Jose set up a special 3rd Chef's Table for us and several other CCer's (the other Chef's Tables were pre-reserved by b2b cruisers). He was a great host. I have known Jose for many years. He has been our Waiter, Head Waiter, Ass't Maitre D' and Maitre D'. In all aspects of his career, he has been most professional.

We quite enjoyed him on the Ruby in January, he was at our table almost every evening and wasn't at all aloof like some MD's can be. However I have to admit, he mistakingly thought we lived on Saltspring Is, BC, which he is quite fond of .... instead we live in Sechelt, BC.

Generoso is a marvelous Maitre d' We are currently on the Ruby and he has been by each evening in Anytime Dining and also came by each table at breakfast in Sabatinis yesterday morning. He said he will be going home for vacation in May but will be back on the Ruby when we sail the transatlantic in October.

Look for Feliciano in the anytime dining room. He maybe at the door. He has big smile on his face all the time. He is great and will prepare whatever you want. We had him twice--this year and last year on the Ruby.

Generoso is a marvelous Maitre d' We are currently on the Ruby and he has been by each evening in Anytime Dining and also came by each table at breakfast in Sabatinis yesterday morning. He said he will be going home for vacation in May but will be back on the Ruby when we sail the transatlantic in October.

Hello Ann, Hope u r having a great cruise. When u c Generoso please tell him Sharon & I look forward to seeing him & Godwin on the 3rd of April.

Thanks

Archived