WIFI on board the Golden

gingerwolf

Cost will be expensive.

Skype may or may not be blocked. However, if you use Skype, or streaming a video for that matter, you are hindering other passengers use of the service.

Do you know how expensive? and if using sype etc is detrimentle to other passengers then their would be a ban on it surly??

I think you may be having a slight over reaction.

These prices include the $4 set up fee and bonus minutes for pre-cruise purchasing. If you wait until you get fewer bonus minutes the first day and none after then.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/communications/index.jsp

thansk for this, can you explain what you mean about teh bous mins, i dont under stand what you mean.

thanks

thansk for this, can you explain what you mean about the bonus mins, i dont under stand what you mean.

thanks

For example below gets you 20 bonus minutes for a total of 120 minutes if you precruise purchase.

If you buy onboard you only get 100 minutes for the same cost.

Usually they have a lesser amount of bonus minutes special, something like 10 for this example, if you buy that package embarkation day or the first full day onboard.

120 minutes

Item #6038 – $58.95

(Includes 20 bonus minutes for

prepurchasing an Internet time package.)

For example below gets you 20 bonus minutes for a total of 120 minutes if you precruise purchase.

If you buy onboard you only get 100 minutes for the same cost.

Usually they have a lesser amount of bonus minutes special, something like 10 for this example, if you buy that package embarkation day or the first full day onboard.

120 minutes

Item #6038 – $58.95

(Includes 20 bonus minutes for

prepurchasing an Internet time package.)

Aaaaaaaah so you mean buy before I sail, ok,

There's nothing mentioned about Skype in my recent Golden's Princess Patters however I've read during previous cruises that it was not allowed. I don't know if it's fleetwide or not but since I didn't try it not sure if it was really blocked. They did say because of the limited satellite ability is why it was prohibited.

Last January we found the internet to be very, very slow most of the time. A little better when we got close to the islands. You can use up a lot of minutes just signing on. We found it best to

1. Try accessing the free Princess site before signing on and if it was slow we would go back another time.

2. If sending messages we would write them up ahead of time so that we could do whatever we wanted to do as quickly as possible.

Have a great cruise.

Last January we found the internet to be very, very slow most of the time. A little better when we got close to the islands. You can use up a lot of minutes just signing on. We found it best to

1. Try accessing the free Princess site before signing on and if it was slow we would go back another time.

2. If sending messages we would write them up ahead of time so that we could do whatever we wanted to do as quickly as possible.

Have a great cruise.

We do the same thing which is an advantage of bringing our own netbook...compose email replies off line before going online to send them & to receive new email. I've set up another email address before sailing only for family & close friends to minimize the # of emails to read without all of the other ones on my primary email address.

I had not thought about checking the Princess site 1st...great idea! :D

I'll access the free Princess site if it's not busy in the Internet Cafe to not have someone waiting for a computer. It's a smart idea for Princess to allow free access to their site...we found a future cruise while searching onboard & had our TA book it for us.

Archived