Noise & privacy - Central Park and Boardwalk balcony cabins

Likely a repeat question, but we are looking at these cabins and wondering just how noisy they'd be with the doors closed?

Just as importantly, do you feel like you are on display when you are sitting on your balcony? I would prefer an oceanview, but these ones might be an experience not to miss. I'd love to hear what others thought of the experience and how much they used/enjoyed their balconies on the Oasis and Allure.

Thanks!

Likely a repeat question, but we are looking at these cabins and wondering just how noisy they'd be with the doors closed?

Just as importantly, do you feel like you are on display when you are sitting on your balcony? I would prefer an oceanview, but these ones might be an experience not to miss. I'd love to hear what others thought of the experience and how much they used/enjoyed their balconies on the Oasis and Allure.

Thanks!

Absolutely no privacy.

2744296660077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2950575080077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2393259640077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2097263640077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2361959160077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

LOL, Carol!! Two members of our family had a CP Balcony on our cruise, and kept coming over to our balcony as it had the ov. The Oasis and the Allure are like cities on the water. You really don't see the ocean unless you are up on the pool deck, so an oceanview balcony is best IMHO.

I'm one of the few who doesn't like the ocean view balcony (boring!!), but we LOVED our central park balcony on Allure and are booking a Boardwalk view for the Oasis.

The sound is not an issue. When you close your balcony door the handle will be point one way (up I think?) all you have to do is turn it so the handle is pointing the other way (down?), and it almost makes it sound proof.

We didn't figure this out until the second day. I think the people who complain about the noise probably just never figured it out.

You don't really have privacy per say, but I didn't feel "on display". We had a low cabin on the Allure (deck 10) so it was only one or two stories above the central park walk way. We spent time watching the people below, but it was VERY rare that anyone ever looked up at us. We also hardly saw anyone else out using their CP balcony, so it's not like we were sitting across from people staring at one another.

Another plus, I don't believe smoking is allowed on the interior balconies so you won't have to worry about whether or not you're going to be smoked off your own balcony.

We had a Boardwalk Balcony and I would do it again in a heartbeat. There isn't much (any) privacy but we enjoyed seeing the aqua theatre events from our balcony as well as watching a couple of football games on the big screens. We were high and aft enough that we could see the ocean too. When the doors were closed there was absolutely no noise. Just my opinion!:)

We had room 11721 which is Deck 11 aft. That cabin and back you get to see the ocean and the aqua theater both. However, the outside lounge area at the end of the hallway and through the doors is really cool for lounging and watching the theater.

You do look across to other balconies, but the Boardwalk below is much more interesting!

Loved that cabin.

As mentioned above, close the slider and lock it = no noise.

Archived