Oh crikey - doesn't anyone like the Azura?

SeaSickGill

Hi Gillian, i presume the food was the same throughout the Main dining rooms, we had breakast in bed most days, cereal, juices,toast, ham and cheese plenty of choice.

I turned 50 on the 10th of January whist on board, never made it past 12pm, must be my age, so did not see any midnight buffets.

Hi Gillian, i presume the food was the same throughout the Main dining rooms, we had breakast in bed most days, cereal, juices,toast, ham and cheese plenty of choice.

I turned 50 on the 10th of January whist on board, never made it past 12pm, must be my age, so did not see any midnight buffets.

Surely it's not your age - I must be the sea air!

When we were on RCI's Splendour and Celebrities Millennium they had a huge extravagent buffets on(just one during the cruise), where folks bypassed the evening dinner and just attended the buffet - it was the only time I've ever eaten a chocolate piano!:D

Hi Everyone

I'm so fed up, booked the Azura for 8th April and I was so excited....until I read the reviews:eek:

Is it really as crap as they say? It's my mums first cruise, after I've been going on for years how great cruising is.

Please cheer me up.

Gillian

Hi Gillian,

and everyone else reading this.

I have just returned on Azura on Saturday 22nd January 2011, so basically yesterday.

I went on a 15day cruise from Barbados around the Caribbean.

The Azura is agreat ship, huge in size. The sea days can get crowded, but thats nothing. The Sindhu restaurant and Glasshouse is definetley worth going. There is lots to do and see, from the playhouse to Manhattan bar, cinema , Brodies bar, casinio etc. You will have plenty of things to keep you busy.

Some people just moan and are never happy.

If you have any questions please email me and I will be very happy to answer any questions you have.

Nigel

Thanks everyone - feeling much better!

Is the food in the Meridian different to that served in other main restuarants, I was assured by the TA that there wasn't any difference. Also, can you have a served breakfast in the dining rooms or is it just available in the self service restaurant?

Do P&O do the midnight and chocoholic buffets or is this an American thing - I went on the Oceana a few years ago and I just can't remember! They did do the champagne fountain trick - only to pour it away - health & safety gone mad:eek:

I'm sounding like some mad foodie! :D

Love

Gillian x

Hi Gillian,

The Meridian is for Freedom Dining.

Penninsular and Oriental are for Club Dining.

But, all the food is the same.

Sindhu, Glasshouse and Seventeen you pay a supplement for and need to book( you can't book glasshouse)

Breakfast is served in whichever of the restaurants you eat your evening meal.

There is a 24 hour restaurant / buffet open serving salads, hot meals and desserts all day and night!

You will definetley come home heavier than you went

Nigel

Hi Everyone

I'm so fed up, booked the Azura for 8th April and I was so excited....until I read the reviews:eek:

Is it really as crap as they say? It's my mums first cruise, after I've been going on for years how great cruising is.

Please cheer me up.

Gillian

Hi Gillian

We are just back from Azura and met up with northwest42 - Hi Nigel.

I have found over the years that if you read the reviews you have to try to separate the facts from the opinions and then go and have a wonderful cruise with optimism so that you can make a judgement for yourself.

We had a fabulous time and I am sure you will too

Hi Everyone

Please cheer me up.

Gillian

we were on Azura in october last year on the transatlantic crossing.

i was so excited about the whole cruise and it was fantastic we are hoping to do it again later in the year, the only things we didnt like was the tables in the main dining room are so close to each other that people end up joining your conversation, and that the sun loungers are tightly packed together,

you will have a fantastic time

Oh I really feel for you, but please take note...

I booked my first full cruise last year going on the costa atlantica in november...

I didnt find these boards until after I had booked the cruise and boy I initially wished I hadnt...:confused: Apart from 1 or 2 loyal costa fans I couldnt find anyone with a good word to say about the atlantca...It made for grim reading, believe me...:rolleyes:

Then as I got used to the boards I realised that some people (and I did say some), will moan and groan about anything and everything...

Silly things like, not enough towels, or sunbeds, or being a bit crowded or noisy aound the pool...People who dont dress up for dinner or having a chocolate or your pillow at night...To me these are utterly tivial and wouldnt put me neither up nor down but to some it can make or break their holiday...

For instance, I wouldnt choose somewhere where there's the potential for

3.500 people if I didnt like to queue for a bit, or liked things 'quiet', perhaps wait around for a sunbed but for others it can make them utterly miserable and spoil their holiday...I personally dont get that...

The atlantica turned out to be wonderful ship with a lovely mixture of culture, nice food, service impeccable and plenty on offer...

So dont worry as Ive read some fabby reviews about the azura and I for one cant wait to go on her...

Did I mention I was sailing on her in novmber ? :D:D

I am also going on Azura in November - what date are you joining her?

Archived