Pompeii cost for kids?

audrey2580

Sorry I just can't figure this out. Is my 6 year old free or just reduced since he is not a citizen of the EU?

here's what the website says

Entrance fee

Single day ticket (valid 1 day):

• € 11 (regular);
  • € 5,50 (reduced) .

Cumulative ticket (valid 3 days for entrance to 5 sites: Pompeii, Herculaneum, Oplontis, Stabiae, Boscoreale):

• € 20 (regular);
  • € 10 (reduced).

Entrance to the site is free for under-18 year olds and over-65s resident in the European Union. There are some reciprocal agreements for non EU residents.

Reduced prices apply for EU citizens aged between 18-25 and for EU state school teachers. There are reciprocal agreements for some non-EU countries.

Free and reduced tickets will be issued only on presentation of valid identity.

There is no automatic discount for children. As the notice says, there are some reciprocal agreements. When I used to travel in Europe with my parents, they arranged for me to get what was called an International Student ID Card (ISIC). With that, I was given discounts on admission to some museums and possibly some sites. Looks like they still have them (just Googled it), so you may want to consider it.

Every country /state has different rules. Italy generally allows discounts for EU citizens. Spain has discounts for all seniors.

Here in San Diego on Tuesdays museums are free for San Diego County residents BUT not for anyone else.

It is perfectly legal to do that.

Archived