Princess ultimate soda card?

hermajestylanie

Here is a copy of an e-mail that someone got in November 2009. I don't know if the price has gone up or not:

>>>>>Yes the Ultimate Kid's Package or UKP is indeed available to all.

It includes:

Unlimited Soda Package and Tumbler (Coke, D.Coke, Sprite, Tonic Water, Club Soda, Ginger Ale - all from the gun available in all bar and dining locations but not through Room Service or at Princess Cays)

Unlimited Malt Shakes/Thick Shakes from the Ice Cream Bar on deck 15 by the Pizza Bar

Free Root Beer - Cans (available in all locations where Gun Soda is available)

Free Hot Chocolate

Free Fruit Juices

Complimentary Mocktails

One Whirley Straw

The cost is $63.00 plus a 15% gratuity for a 7 day cruise which works out as $9.00 (+15%) per day. You can purchase one from any Bar or Dining locations or from one of the dedicated tables on Deck 15 on Embarkation day.

Originally the UKP was only for those under 21 but there was such interest from all our passengers young and old that on two vessels Princess trialled marketing it to all (hence the 2-102 you have heard about). On these two ships during the trial period we found that people of all ages did indeed go for the UKP so as from last month it has been standardised across the fleet and is available as described to you on all our ships.

I would imagine that the trial period on the two vessels is the reason that some of the people you discussed this with had differing experiences but as I said it has been rolled out across the fleet now.

The package includes all non-alcoholic mixed drinks available from any bar or dining location of course including the classic Virgin Pina Coladas and Strawberry Daiquiris as well as the exclusive Princess Mocktails:

Berry Banana - Banana, raspberry, pineapple juice and OJ

Key West Cooler - Watermelon syrup, passion fruit, cranberry juice, lime topped with Sprite

Peninsula - OJ, raspberry, passion fruit, lime, topped with soda

Tropical Blend - Banana, passion fruit, OJ

Many thanks to Dan Hutchinson who is the Bar Manager on the Crown Princess

Elaine , it was $148 for 14 days which comes to approx $10.60 a day , this includes your 15% gratuity . And the daquiries are splendid ! lol Ted

Thanks Ted-- you're a honey!! you've convinced me -- daquiries all the way!!!

Elaine

another question here, where do you get the soda card, at check in or will people be selling them as soon as you get on ship OR do you get them online before you cruise?

You can get the soda or ultimate sticker from any waiter/waitress or bartender.

Here is a copy of an e-mail that someone got in November 2009. I don't know if the price has gone up or not:

>>>>>Yes the Ultimate Kid's Package or UKP is indeed available to all.

It includes:

Unlimited Soda Package and Tumbler (Coke, D.Coke, Sprite, Tonic Water, Club Soda, Ginger Ale - all from the gun available in all bar and dining locations but not through Room Service or at Princess Cays)

Unlimited Malt Shakes/Thick Shakes from the Ice Cream Bar on deck 15 by the Pizza Bar

Free Root Beer - Cans (available in all locations where Gun Soda is available)

Free Hot Chocolate

Free Fruit Juices

Complimentary Mocktails

One Whirley Straw

The cost is $63.00 plus a 15% gratuity for a 7 day cruise which works out as $9.00 (+15%) per day. You can purchase one from any Bar or Dining locations or from one of the dedicated tables on Deck 15 on Embarkation day.

Originally the UKP was only for those under 21 but there was such interest from all our passengers young and old that on two vessels Princess trialled marketing it to all (hence the 2-102 you have heard about). On these two ships during the trial period we found that people of all ages did indeed go for the UKP so as from last month it has been standardised across the fleet and is available as described to you on all our ships.

I would imagine that the trial period on the two vessels is the reason that some of the people you discussed this with had differing experiences but as I said it has been rolled out across the fleet now.

The package includes all non-alcoholic mixed drinks available from any bar or dining location of course including the classic Virgin Pina Coladas and Strawberry Daiquiris as well as the exclusive Princess Mocktails:

Berry Banana - Banana, raspberry, pineapple juice and OJ

Key West Cooler - Watermelon syrup, passion fruit, cranberry juice, lime topped with Sprite

Peninsula - OJ, raspberry, passion fruit, lime, topped with soda

Tropical Blend - Banana, passion fruit, OJ

Many thanks to Dan Hutchinson who is the Bar Manager on the Crown Princess

Something official! Thanks for posting this!

Just checked my bill from Monday on the Grand it was exactly $144.90 for 14 days . I guess that's $72.45 for 7 days . Again hope this helps . Ted

Oh yeah , I also got a monkey whirly straw and a travel coke cup , I was happy .

Just checked my bill from Monday on the Grand it was exactly $144.90 for 14 days . I guess that's $72.45 for 7 days . Again hope this helps . Ted

Oh yeah , I also got a monkey whirly straw and a travel coke cup , I was happy .

Ted

The "monkey straw" is the clincher-- I'm sold!!:D

Elaine

thank you so much. Just the information I needed. Quick question can you order the mock cocktails at any lounge or before shows? I've never sailed on Princess before and curious. I think if I had one soda a day and one-two "cocktails" it would surely pay for itself.

thank you so much. Just the information I needed. Quick question can you order the mock cocktails at any lounge or before shows? I've never sailed on Princess before and curious. I think if I had one soda a day and one-two "cocktails" it would surely pay for itself.

Yes, you may order the mocktails at any lounge or before a show. I was ordering them before trivia in the Explorer's Lounge and Wheelhouse Bar. I also went to one show and ordered one. The waiter didn't look altogether thrilled, but it was later in the day and with the ultimate card, there's no tipping necessary. (I don't fault him for the look.)

You may also order hot chocolate anywhere. Worst was in the Horizon Court. Best was in the Wheelhouse Bar on my cruise. They'd bring it in a nice glass with whipped cream on top.

One last thing, you can order any of these drinks at any meal, too. Horizon Court has a bar that is forward center. Dining rooms will get it from somewhere, just not sure where.

• 3 weeks later...
If you bought the card, could you get a pitcher of juice for the cabin?[/quote

hi ilandlvr.

I dont know if all bars/ships would provide a pitcher with Ult. card but i was Sea p. earlier this week and I was lucky enough to get to know the bar staff in one of the bars and after a day or so the gave me pints of virgin drinks/sodas etc (so i didnt have to keep coming upstairs to the bar all the time) and when asked they gave me 2 pints to take to the cabin. It was obvious it was for me as DH had beers- so i dont know if this made a difference. They might not be so accommodating if they think you are getting it to share with others who havent bought a Ult driinks card.

Elaine

Can anyone tell me, does the UDC include any regular brewed coffee, not the awful Horizon Court stuff? I know it doesnt include specialty coffee's.

Hi

I took my own tea & coffee but im pretty sure the UDC cant be used for coffee. I may be wrong as I didnt try to get any with the card but im sure the list didnt include coffee.

Elaine

Can anyone tell me, does the UDC include any regular brewed coffee, not the awful Horizon Court stuff? I know it doesnt include specialty coffee's.

No it doesn't include coffee but in my opinion it should. It originally was called a kid's ultimate drink card and included ice cream at Scoops. Now that the ice cream is free and it is no longer marketed to kids I think it should include regular brewed coffee. I guess if they did that they wouldn't sell as many coffee cards.

My daughter jsut had one on the Emerald, it was used for virgin cocktails, fruit punches, soda etc and was used on Princess Cays for Mocktail, althought the second request was questioned by a waiter they went off to check and came back with the mocktail, so it was def worth it, it payed for itself

Archived