where to stay before my cruise from miami

zoiesmom

I am flying into Ft. Lauderdale, the other couple is flying into Miami both the day before our cruise. We are leaving from the port of Miami. Where would be the most economical yet safe place to stay and to get to port in the morning. Thanks...I feel so confused at this point...

There is a Holiday Inn (Bayside) right across the street from the Intercontinental...both are Holiday properties, so you can accrue points. They are about an $8-10 cab ride from port (the port is visible) and Bayside Marketplace (walking distance) is a way to spend the evening...shops, restaurants.....

Welcome to Cruise Critic,

For a nice hotel at a cheap price, definitely use either Hotwire or Priceline. If the four of you are sharing a room you need to go with Hotwire (as you can guarantee accommodations for four). If you are booking two rooms then you can get an even greater deal via bidding for a room on Priceline. If you are arriving early enough to be able to enjoy some of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami, select a downtown or beach area hotel. If arriving late and just need to sleep, an airport area hotel will suffice and offer the best prices. If you are not used to using Hotwire and Priceline, go to a website like betterbidding.com to research. I have frequently used both Hotwire and Priceline and literally saved thousands of dollars on hotel rates and not had one bad experience yet!

I agree, go to Priceline or somewhere comparable. I did that before my cruise from Miami port. Got Crowne Plaza in Miami for $75.00, plus taxes. I was so shocked at the price, that I clicked on it before they changed their minds!!! LOL

The hotel was phenomenal, beautiful pool, restaurant there. Over the bridge (walking) and down aways, was a store like Walmart or Target, can't remember which. Next door was a convenience store you can pick up snacks or whatever you need.

I would stay there in a heartbeat again!

I used S.A.S as the transportation to take me to the port, it was $15.00 each way, they will come and get you after cruise, you just call them when you are ready to be picked up. You can see them online at ridesas.com $15 is each person's fare, you ride in a van with others.

Archived