We need longer cruises please

We need longer cruises please 10 12 14 days besides B2B

I agree with this.. I wish Carnival would step up and offer longer cruises.. my mother is doing an 11 day on Celebrity this March that is to die for... and I so wish Carnival would do the same..

The Med cruises are more expensive, although I am sending my DS and future DIL on NCL for a little under $1000/person for a 10 day out of Rome doing Greece, Egypt and Turkey, so there are some deals.

The repositioning cruises are usually well priced because there are a lot of people who cannot take 14 or more days out of their lives. I did a TA on RCCL last year in a balcony for $899 for 14 days. I'm hoping the repositioning to Australia may be well priced.

Thay need to have them out there year round like Princes

Where do you want to go that would be different than a B2B? Even on Princess, they sell you legs grouped together of various lengths. I have not done one in that fashion so I'm not sure if they offer a price savings.

If you do a B2B you have to come back to the embarkation port and then leave again. If there were longer cruises you could go farther or stop or more islands. I'd love longer cruises. We've done a couple of Med cruises and a Baltic cruise, each 12 days long and we're going on another Med in May but the airfare costs a lot (at least a lot of frequent flyer miles). It would be good to go from Florida and keep going south. We did a 14 night cruise on Premier (the Big Red Boat) on a special Christmas cruise in 1987 that left from Port Canaveral and went as far as Caracas. We'd like to do another one like that.

We need longer cruises please 10 12 14 days besides B2B

I agree. Specifically, I wish Carnival would do 10 days out of Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale). We are trying to decide on a cruise itinerary now, but whenever we leave from Ft. Lauderdale, it's practically the same ports-of-call. We are actually considering Princess for a change this year, but would rather do Carnival if the itineraries were more varied.

Carnival's bread and butter is the short cruises geared towards the budget minded cruisers. It doesn't seem like longer cruises would be on their priority list...

Carnival's bread and butter is the short cruises geared towards the budget minded cruisers. It doesn't seem like longer cruises would be on their priority list...

Good point. I would rather do a B2B on Carnival than a longer cruise on Princess, but that is just MHO.

Goes to show how stupid they are...There are many of us that sail other lines to get those 10, 12 and 14 day cruises because Carnival doesn't offer them.

The irony is that if they had offered them, I'd have likely never tried NCL, and the (going to be) 5 cruises I have taken on NCL would have probably been CCL cruises.

They kinda pushed me into trying another line and now I sail NCL equally, if not more.....

Be careful what you ask for.

The longer the cruise, the avg pax age jumps DRAMATICALLY!

OMG! I thought I stepped.into a retirement viilage with visitors!

That isn't always a bad thing (well, it's not for me since I'll be 50 in less than 2 years :eek:)

Exotic Caribbean cruises that are longer, still get a good, diverse age mix...it's the Panama Canal, Alaska and Hawaii cruises that have less diversity in age.

Longer caribbean cruises offer FABULOUS itineraries.

CCL's itineraries are not exciting.

All those ships and they have limited options...makes no sense.

I agree. Specifically, I wish Carnival would do 10 days out of Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale). We are trying to decide on a cruise itinerary now, but whenever we leave from Ft. Lauderdale, it's practically the same ports-of-call. We are actually considering Princess for a change this year, but would rather do Carnival if the itineraries were more varied.

This would be a dream for is as well. It would be nice if they were able to offer this once a month, or even a few times a year. I can see where it may be an issue to run regular longer cruises but surely they could try a few to see how the bookings go.

An ideal longer cruise wouldn't necessarily involve more port stops but perhaps longer port stops. There are several places that would be nice to actually stay longer and explore more of the port itself. Now that would be a dream cruise :)

Halos:

At 50, you'd fall into the grandchild category on a 12+ day longer cruise.

I take long cruises all the time and that isn't the case on most of them.

the only time I ran into that (and it was awful) was on Celebrity.

After I get back from my 9 day, I'll give you the link to my pics so you can scan the passengers and see for yourself :)

The (large) group I usually sail with...that I have taken a couple 14/15 day repos with, are all mid 30's to mid 50's. The last repo there were even some people in their 20's with kids in tow.

Archived