Invergordon Tour Guide recommendations

Jade13

That's funny because we will go on tour with Bruce in August, too;)

He has answered right away and does take cash at the end of the day. (Someone else wanted 100% paid upfront, which we will not do).

Have you seen links from those who have actually used him, or info on his back ground?

We would never deal with a private tour company that demands money upfront. :eek:

We won't either. Someone responded to me today who wants 100% upfront. It's too bad because otherwise he sounds really good and has written books on the Loch Ness monster.

He has answered right away and does take cash at the end of the day. (Someone else wanted 100% paid upfront, which we will not do).

Have you seen links from those who have actually used him, or info on his back ground?

Well i read lots of good things about him on our german forum...but I guess that link would not help very much (forum has some downtime at the moment and I don't know if a german link is helpful here);)

On this board I found this: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27267278&postcount=2

And others mentioned him, too... Just use the search function with keyword "Invergordon", "bruce" or "ocean links"

We used Inverness Tours in July 2009: http://www.invernesstours.com/shareatour.html . They did demand 100% up front payment, which made me a bit nervous. But everything was fine and I would recommend them. Unless things have changed since 2009, there weren't a lot of private tour operators to choose from. So the law of supply and demand probably enables them to get away with demanding up front payment.

We're curious what date your Ocean Links tour reservation is? We are on Crown Princess in Invergordon port on August 13, 2011. We have been in touch with Bruce Neilson as well. We are set up to do the tour that drops golfers off at a course, then takes non-golfers sightseeing for am, picks up golfers, eat lunch together, then whole group does afternoon sightseeing, including distillery...

We're curious what date your Ocean Links tour reservation is? We are on Crown Princess in Invergordon port on August 13, 2011. We have been in touch with Bruce Neilson as well. We are set up to do the tour that drops golfers off at a course, then takes non-golfers sightseeing for am, picks up golfers, eat lunch together, then whole group does afternoon sightseeing, including distillery...

Not to worry! We're there a week before. :)

Did Bruce do your tour?

yes, he did, decked out in full kilt regalia.

he is a retired accountant and has some very firm opinions (expressed in a very dry humour) on different topics. Ask him about Sir Michael Caine.

Edited by jlf1

We have Bruce from Ocean Links Tours reserved for both Invergorden and Edinburgh: $50 GBP per person for each tour paid in cash on the day of the tour. I too don't like the idea of paying upfront as much as I do understand it. It may be OK if your group is family & friends, but when those who will travel with you are strangers, it makes it a little uncomfortable.

What I LOVE about Bruce's tour is that he is charging us $55 pounds per person, with no minimum!! :cool:

15 people maximum, but no pressure on me to get a bunch of other people to join us!! :D (I do already have another couple joining us from our Roll Call, and I may get more - but I love that he doesn't require a big minimum!)

I'm not worried at all, would have loved to hear that others on the same cruise as we are (Aug 4 departure) will be going..The best part of Bruce's tour is that no one has to golf that doesn't want to... the rest of us will be off on sightseeing adventure while they play !

Edited by nansonagain

yes, he did, decked out in full kilt regalia.

he is a retired accountant and has some very firm opinions (expressed in a very dry humour) on different topics. Ask him about Sir Michael Caine.

Oops, that should have been Sean Connery.

I'm not worried at all, would have loved to hear that others on the same cruise as we are (Aug 4 departure) will be going..The best part of Bruce's tour is that no one has to golf that doesn't want to... the rest of us will be off on sightseeing adventure while they play !

I misunderstood your last post and I thought you were worried that Bruce had "double booked" us for your tour time! Sorry about that! :o

Have a great time on your tour!

• 5 years later...

We had a fantastic tour of the Scottish highlands, Dunrobin castle, and a whiskey distillery from Gavin of Invergordon Tours. The falconry exhibit at the castle was a trip highlight. I cannot recommend Gavin highly enough! He put a lot of thought into giving the best possible tour. He is funny, charming, and full of great stories about the area. I would take any tour he is giving!