PLS HELP - Miami Hotels booked -

cdnliving

Hello. We are a family of four doing a one night pre-cruise stay in Miami, after coming from the Keys. We are looking for crisp, clean, conveninent accomodations - close to either aventura or dolphin mall as we plan to shop the day prior to our departure. So our criteria is simply cleanliness, and location to mall shopping and port. Unfortunately the Holiday inn and Intercontinental are fully booked for our dates. This is our first visit to Miami and I really dont know the lay of the land, so any advice or recommendations would be most appreciated. I have now considered the Hyatt Regency Miami (good price) and the Doubletree Biscayne. Reviews of both are varied, so I am not at all sure where to book. We would like to spend under $250 if we could. Thanks for any light you can shed!!

Hampton Doral Blvd is nice. I saw them running a shuttle to a nearby mall, may have been the Dolphin Mall but I'm not sure.

If you were looking at the Intercontinental or Biscayne, I don't think either are anywhere near a shopping mall. Others here would know better, but I think you're going to have to chose to be close to either a mall or the port. There is the Bayside marketplace near the port with plenty of shopping, but it's not a "Mall" if that's what you really want.

Hello. We are a family of four doing a one night pre-cruise stay in Miami, after coming from the Keys. We are looking for crisp, clean, conveninent accomodations - close to either aventura or dolphin mall as we plan to shop the day prior to our departure. So our criteria is simply cleanliness, and location to mall shopping and port. Unfortunately the Holiday inn and Intercontinental are fully booked for our dates. This is our first visit to Miami and I really dont know the lay of the land, so any advice or recommendations would be most appreciated. I have now considered the Hyatt Regency Miami (good price) and the Doubletree Biscayne. Reviews of both are varied, so I am not at all sure where to book. We would like to spend under $250 if we could. Thanks for any light you can shed!!

There is a Courtyard Marriott and a Residence Inn at Aventura Mall.

There is a Crown Plaza at Sawgrass Mills which I would recommend over Aventura and Dolphin Mall.

If you are considering the Hyatt in downtown Miami I got this hotel for $88 on lastminutetravel. It is close to the port and Bayside and walking distance to CVS and Ross. I don't know how much a cab would cost to go to one of those malls. Marriott Biscayne Bay is also one to consider.

Thanks everyone!! I was finally able to get a room at the Holiday Inn - must have had a cancellation as it was fully booked yesterday. Can anyone recommend the closest indoor shopping mall (like Dolphin or Aventura) to here. Thanks....again

Thanks everyone!! I was finally able to get a room at the Holiday Inn - must have had a cancellation as it was fully booked yesterday. Can anyone recommend the closest indoor shopping mall (like Dolphin or Aventura) to here. Thanks....again

Holiday Inn is an overpriced dump.....reconsider your choice for your first visit to Miami.

Sorry to anyone who likes that hotel.

Really. I too thought the Hyatt looked much nicer but the reviews speak of bedbugs and hair...lots of hair, which turned me towards the Holiday Inn which seems to have rave reviews all around! They are equally priced. Have you stayed at the Hyatt and had great experiences. If so, would love to hear.....Thanks.

I would also love to hear any recommendations about downtown vs. South Beach. My wife and I are flying in for one precruise night, arriving in MIA about 9:00 AM. So we'll have an entire day and night to spend our first time in Miami. It seems to me like most would recommend South Beach given our situation. If so, please make hotel recommendations as well. I have some frequent flier miles I can redeem towards the cost of a hotel. The hotels we've been looking at so far are Intercontinental (downtown), Angler's Boutique Resort (South Beach), and Loews (South Beach). Other ideas based on personal experience are also appreciated! :)

Thanks cruzmax. Good to hear, and food for thought for sure!! Would love to hear others' experiences who have stayed at the HYATT. I still can't seem to get the hair/bug ones out of my head, yet I have always liked the Hyatt hotels. Anyone else??? Thanks so much.

Thanks cruzmax. Good to hear, and food for thought for sure!! Would love to hear others' experiences who have stayed at the HYATT. I still can't seem to get the hair/bug ones out of my head, yet I have always liked the Hyatt hotels. Anyone else??? Thanks so much.

cdnliving, none of your choices are near malls. Dolphin Mall is not that great a mall and Aventura is a long way from downtown. Bal Harbour is my favorite and it is also a long way away.

Princecay, I replied to your questions about Anglers but I would pick the Loews over it just for the location. Definitely stay in South Beach over downtown. Downtown is basically an abandoned area after 5PM and Bayside is a tourist trap.

If you can swing it I recommend the Loews Hotel for its location (beachfront, access to Lincoln Rd, etc) There is a good seafood restaurant across the street called Grillfish which is not as trendy or expensive but very very good. Have stayed here many times and it will give you the true South Beach experience.

cdnliving, none of your choices are near malls. Dolphin Mall is not that great a mall and Aventura is a long way from downtown. Bal Harbour is my favorite and it is also a long way away.

Princecay, I replied to your questions about Anglers but I would pick the Loews over it just for the location. Definitely stay in South Beach over downtown. Downtown is basically an abandoned area after 5PM and Bayside is a tourist trap.

Thanks for your feedback BlueHerons. We "finally" made our reservation last night at Angler's. Using my frequent flier miles I essentially got it for free. We figure it's close enough to the beach and is closer to South Pointe than Loews (which is much more expensive). Also, Angler's receives excellent TripAdvisor reviews. After much thought, and suggestions such as yours, we decided South Beach over downtown is the way to go since we have a full day to spend in Miami. Can't wait for April now!!! :D

If you can swing it I recommend the Loews Hotel for its location (beachfront, access to Lincoln Rd, etc) There is a good seafood restaurant across the street called Grillfish which is not as trendy or expensive but very very good. Have stayed here many times and it will give you the true South Beach experience.

Thank you too dogsrule. I think we crossed posts! :) We did end up reserving Angler's. Loews looks great but it was much more expensive for not as nice a room. Being beachfront would be great, but we will be just a short walk to the beach at Angler's. I hope it lives up to the reviews it's received!

If you are bothered by bad reviews I say just don't stay at the downtown Hyatt. After all there are tons of nice hotels in Miami. If you have always liked the Hyatt hotels, look into the Hyatt in Coral Gables. I have not personally stayed there but it looks nice and is in a good location.

There is really no advantage to staying downtown anyway; it is just closer to the port.

Thanks for your feedback BlueHerons. We "finally" made our reservation last night at Angler's. Using my frequent flier miles I essentially got it for free. We figure it's close enough to the beach and is closer to South Pointe than Loews (which is much more expensive). Also, Angler's receives excellent TripAdvisor reviews. After much thought, and suggestions such as yours, we decided South Beach over downtown is the way to go since we have a full day to spend in Miami. Can't wait for April now!!! :D

Make sure you walk down to The Mondrian http://www.mondrian-miami.com/en-us/#/home/ and watch the sunset. Spectacular.

how close is a supermarket or something similar to the Miami Marriott Airport??

Call the front desk at the hotel and ask how close a store would be. Do not call the toll free Marriott number but rather the hotel where you will be staying.

Can anyone provide me with pro or con comments about staying at the Doubletree?

thanks so much

Nice hotel in a quiet area of condos - the hotel is actually part of a condo building. Some of the rooms have port views. :cool: When I stayed there the room and bath were wonderful. The bar/dining room in the lobby is very good, or walk 2 blocks to Bin 18 (Biscayne and 18th) - a wonderful bistro with great food and an extensive wine and beer list. :D There are some small shops in the tunnels connecting Doubltree to the Marriott and nearby condos where you can buy soda, water, suntan lotion, wine, etc. - not cheap, but cheaper than on the ship.:( A cab to POM should run $10+tip -- parking was valet only, and $30/day when I stayed there. :eek: Good luck! :)

Archived