X your kids' tuition. Really?

Dena

The ad suggesting parents go to Europe today instead of someday, at the price of their child's tuition seems like very bad financial advice. Do they really want to attract cruisers who think this is a good thing to do? This advice seems disrespectful to their customers. Is this what the parents of the Celebrity executives did? Are they that desperate to sell cruises?

The ad suggesting parents go to Europe today instead of someday, at the price of their child's tuition seems like very bad financial advice. Do they really want to attract cruisers who think this is a good thing to do? This advice seems disrespectful to their customers. Is this what the parents of the Celebrity executives did? Are they that desperate to sell cruises?
And do we really want to cruise with people stupid enough to take this advice? Count me out.

But given the stupidity of this advertising slogan, perhaps that was what the parents of some of the Celebrity executives did.

Thom

I have to admit ~ that was the one banner ad that particularly bugged me. I take education pretty darn seriously and the thought of telling people to "X" it just left me saying "WHAT??? Did they REALLY say that in an ad?"

Dena; great observation.

I would suggest that if you haven't already, that you post this on the Dan Hanrahan board.

I think the idea is hilarious! It's marketing do you take every commercial literally? And actually X tuition is actually great ESP after so many kids drop out or party the parents money away haha

It's advertising and it's doing what it's supposed to start conversation !

The threads started concerning this X the rules are hilarious and I can't believe it's 2011 and people don't understand the actual meaning behind it

I think the idea is hilarious! It's marketing do you take every commercial literally? And actually X tuition is actually great ESP after so many kids drop out or party the parents money away haha

It's advertising and it's doing what it's supposed to start conversation !

The threads started concerning this X the rules are hilarious and I can't believe it's 2011 and people don't understand the actual meaning behind it

Well, I guess some of us are not the brightest bulbs then:rolleyes:

It might be 2011, but as a PR firm, I think they screwed up this one.

IF they are telling us they are still offering a better product? Sorry,

I disagree with you and think the meaning does not show up in the

slogan. Guess your bulb burns brighter than mine:eek:

I took the slogan to mean that you could do BOTH - pay the tuition and afford the European cruise. It said "X the rules, not X the tuition." We have been able to afford cruises with Celebrity and pay tuition for 3 kids, and counting. This is meant to convey that a cruise is more affordable than you might think, and not a luxury to be put off until the kids are out of college.

Archived