AT & T Phone

I already know about the $2.49 per mi. charge on the ship and out of the country charges relating to calling home. Does anyone know if this would be the same charges if you are calling from our AT & T phone back to our daughter at home with her AT & T phone?

I already know about the $2.49 per mi. charge on the ship and out of the country charges relating to calling home. Does anyone know if this would be the same charges if you are calling from our AT & T phone back to our daughter at home with her AT & T phone?

No difference....roaming is roaming.

I am an American using AT&T. I called and was told that the cost on the ship to call the USA was $2.49 per minute - total. No other charges for roaming/long distance. This was also the cost to call from St. Marteen. However, since St.Thomas was in the U.S. Virgin Islands, there would be no charge for calls made from there - just your regular minutes from your plan.

I was also told that texts would cost .50 each outgoing text and $1.30 for each MMS text. And that incoming texts would be free - just come out of my text messaging package.

I am not sure about using Data in St. Thomas. I need to check that out.

Do be careful though, as you will be charged for all minutes that are recorded on your voice mail if you turn your phone on off of USA service.

I would suggest popping into an AT&T store or checking their website/online chat with a representative. For my cruise last year I added an international texting package and calling, at their suggestion. I'm sorry that I don't remember all of the details, but it was significantly less expensive to add these than to make calls and receive/send texts without. And since we left the kids at home....we wanted to make sure we had access.

Yep. My husband (Sprint carrier) didn't go in and add the packages, and he was unable to do anything. I "let" him use my phone a few times for work...but it was kind of nice to not see the cell phone glued to his head that week! I may forget to remind him for our March cruise..... (And I laughed at my "international businessman" all week, too!)

Archived