sterilizing bed pillows

CruzinNoony

Just got off the Star doing South America/Antarctica. There were so-o-o many people with colds. It seemed like everyone you talked to was sick. In fact, there was one case of H1N1 tested possitive that I knew about. My question: do they sterilize the bed pillows between cruises? Or at least wash them?:o

I've been on two cruises in that part of the world, one on Princess, one on HAL, and both times, people were honking, snorting and sneezing after just a few days. I have never heard so much coughing in my life. My friend wound up with bronchitis and pneumonia by the end of our cruise a couple of years ago. I'm not sure why but perhaps it has to do with the temperature extremes but who knows?

Whether it really helps, I have no idea (and don't want to know), but I take off the pillow case and Lysol the heck out of the pillows then allow them to dry......I know, I know.....but please don't tell me any different. It's mind over matter.

I also use an anticeptic wipe and wipe down all the knobs, the remote control, and light switches. This, along with washing my hands frequently makes me feel like I'm being proactive.

I do the same thing. In fact I bought Lysol and a container of wipes today. Our cruise is in less than a month and I just want to be ready. My dh roars laughing at me when I tell him to go out on the balcony and let me sterilize the room. When I finish the room I do the same with all the balcony furniture. He thinks I'm crazy because I work in a very large elementary school which he fondly calls a "germ factory."

I do the same thing. In fact I bought Lysol and a container of wipes today. Our cruise is in less than a month and I just want to be ready. My dh roars laughing at me when I tell him to go out on the balcony and let me sterilize the room. When I finish the room I do the same with all the balcony furniture. He thinks I'm crazy because I work in a very large elementary school which he fondly calls a "germ factory."

Glad to hear it's not just me......Of course I did teach third graders for a while.....That must be where we get it from! LOL

Archived