Navigator MTD question

39august

Has anyone else experienced very slow MTD service on Navigator recently? We sailed Jan. 10 and ur waiter Bogdan and asst. waiter seemed very competent on night two, and OK on night three. (we were in Chops first night) But the last 2 nights were terribly slow. I mean we ordered about 4 minutes after we arrived and our first course was served after 40 minutes! The last night we ordered our dessert when our entrees arrived, saying we had to meet some folks and needed to speed things up. Bogdan seemed to be surprised by this. We have done MTD three times on Voyager, twice on Liberty and twice on Mariner and never had this problem. Just wondering if this is a common experience on Navigator.

We sailed on Navigator 11/29 - 12/18 and did have very slow service 1st night of our 2nd cruise from Edwin and his assistant.

Our first week was very good but, the waiter we had left after that cruise for vacation.

So we ended up with Edwin on the 1st night of our 2nd cruise and they were real slow.

Changed the next night and our remaining 3 cruises to Bogdan and Eldon.

They were hands down the best team I have seen on any cruise. ;):D Never had to wait for anything at all with them. Really fast and efficient as a team and quite pleasant to chat with also.

So other than the one real slow night with Edwin, MTD was pretty good on Navigator.

So you had Bogdan too. We were very impressed with his demeanor and professional attitude. I had a feeling that the last two nights something beyond his control was happeneing. Perhaps he was assigned a few more tables, as he would take orders, then disappear from our area for long periods of time, like 15 minutes or so. Other head waiters and assits. filled in at our table on night four.

We just got off the Navigator this morning and used MTD. We didn't experience slow service, although we did not have the same waiter you mentioned.

We did have an issue with MTD though. After reading many posts about people being seated without reservations, we tried it this trip. The first day we showed up at 6:50 pm, and were told we could not be seated. We were sent away and told to return at 8:15 :mad: We just went to Winjammer.

On the second night, the hostess said "welcome back to the dining room" as she was seating us. My brother replied, "actually it's our first time." :D

We also just got back this morning from Navigator and used MTD. We had Bogdan and Cristian last evening with a 7pm reservation and the service was normal.

The night before we went at 6:30pm without a reservation and were seated with people who were seated earlier than us and I noticed the waiters were rushing to catch us up. I think we were done in 45 minutes!

For us, making a reservation worked better than walking in on Navigator but worked fine on Freedom! :o

If anyone who was on a recent 4-night sailing remembers at what time the shows started I would appreciate it! Trying to find a recent 4-night Compass to schedule our MTD reservations....but I can't seem to find anything within the last year for the 4-night. Thanks so much!!

Day 1: 5:45pm- Sail Away Parade

8:00pm-Welcome Aboard Show

10:30pm-70's Party

Day 2: Ice Dancing Spectacular at 3pm & 5pm (Great Show don't miss it!!)

Production Showtime 9pm and 10:45pm

Day 3: Headliner Show (Action Comedy) 7pm & 9pm

Love & Marriage Show 10:30pm

Day 4: Final Ice Show 3pm

Farewell Show "All Access" 7pm & 9pm

Quest: 10:30pm

Edited to say: Formal Night is Day 2

Has anyone else experienced very slow MTD service on Navigator recently? We sailed Jan. 10 and ur waiter Bogdan and asst. waiter seemed very competent on night two, and OK on night three. (we were in Chops first night) But the last 2 nights were terribly slow. I mean we ordered about 4 minutes after we arrived and our first course was served after 40 minutes! The last night we ordered our dessert when our entrees arrived, saying we had to meet some folks and needed to speed things up. Bogdan seemed to be surprised by this. We have done MTD three times on Voyager, twice on Liberty and twice on Mariner and never had this problem. Just wondering if this is a common experience on Navigator.

We were on the Navigator for the Christmas Holiday Cruise and had My-Time-Dining. The first night was a disaster! Extremely slow and inefficient service. When the Section Manager saw my distressed look, she ask what the problem was. I told her we were seated, given menus and the no one returned for 15 minutes. She offered to get our wine for us and try to have our assigned servers respond. She arrived a few minutes later with our wine -- correct winery, wrong wine (white instead of red). We limped through the rest of the meal-time and I expressed my dis-satisfaction as we were leaving the MDR and made sure we would be seated in a different area the following evenings.

The next evening, we were seated in Bogdan's area (Juan Carlos was his assistant). For the remaining nights of the cruise, our dinner service was excellent. Even the Section Manager worked up her courage to stop by our table and inquire how things were going.

Over the years, and many cruises, we have discovered that when things are not progressing as expected, we need to calmly make our displeasure known, and clearly state what our expectations are. This will then allow those responsible, the opportunity to make things right. Most times we have eventually been rewarded with enjoyable outcomes.

Ray in NH

Thank you very much!!! :)

I just checked our Compasses and almost everything is the same as sunandseagirl. The only difference is that on day one the welcome aboard show is listed as 7:45 pm.

Thanks!! I think I will make a standing reservation for MTD at 6:45pm...maybe a little earlier on Day 1. :)

Thanks, can you tell me if there was a late night Comedy show?

Just got off the Navigator yesterday and we ate MTD 2 out of 4 nights. The first night was a little slow.. it seemed to take a while between being sat and anyone coming by but the second night was fine. We did have a bizarre issue where my DH ordered Diet Coke and I ordered iced tea or regular Coke and every single night (including Chops and Portofino), we were given the wrong drink, even for refills.

I think the late night comedy was on the second night...around 11:30 or 11:45.

If sunandsea doesn't get back to you today, I'll check our compass when I get home.

Sorry, just saw this...

Late Night Comedy was day 2 at 11:45pm in the Metropolis Theatre.

Good memory divingprincess:D

Also divingprincess was right, the welcome aboard show at 7:45pm. :)

Thank you both!

What time did you guys get off the ship? I was looking at an 11:40 flight out of FLL. I know I can make that when I go on Allure because they begin disembarking very early but not sure about Navigator. Thanks :D

Our first disembark on the Navigator was a disaster. We were incorrectly told that D, D+ have priority departure for self assist (like other ships we had been on). This is not the case for the Navigator, plus disembarking on deck 1 instead of deck 4, etc etc. It was a mess.

This last time we forgoed the D, D+ departure area and went to the regular self assist area in Studio B. The departure schedule said, "7:50" but we got there at 7 am. We began disembarking at around 7:25 am and were off the ship by 7:40 am. We were home (which is about equal distance as if you were going to FLL) by 7:50 am.

So if you do self assist you'll be fine with an 11:40 flight (unless there is a major delay disembarking for some reason). I can't speak to non-self assist disembarking...but FLL is so close that you probably would be fine as long as you had one of the first numbers to disembark. If you are P, D, or D+ you'll get the number "1" disembark tag.

Thanks for the info. We are Platinum and I always make friends with my cabin steward and I will beg for early tags if I need them lol :rolleyes:

Sounds good :)

I should also mention that on the Navigator cruise where the disembark was a mess, we also arrived a lot later. On this most recent sailing we were already docked when we went to windjammer at 6:30 am. On the first Navigator I don't think we docked until 8:00-8:15 am.

Both sailings were to Cozumel (about a month apart), and we left Cozumel mostly as the same time. So I have no idea why the times were so different. *shrug*

However even with an 8:15 docking, if you have one of the first numbers you should still be fine with an 11:40 flight. Now if you have a late docking, mixed with a medical emergency, or CBP arrest, or CBP computer issues, etc...then it may be an issue. But that is a lot of "what ifs" and you can't always plan for ALL the what if's.

What time did you guys get off the ship? I was looking at an 11:40 flight out of FLL. I know I can make that when I go on Allure because they begin disembarking very early but not sure about Navigator. Thanks :D

We also had an 11:40 flight out of FLL. We ate breakfast around 7:30 or 8. We were "Purple 2" for disembarkation and very quickly were off the ship. We were at the airport at least 2 hours before the flight left. Do you have an RCI transfer to the airport?

We also had an 11:40 flight out of FLL. We ate breakfast around 7:30 or 8. We were "Purple 2" for disembarkation and very quickly were off the ship. We were at the airport at least 2 hours before the flight left. Do you have an RCI transfer to the airport?

No RCI transfer. Just planning to take a taxi. But I think we will now be booking a later flight at 1:30 so we will have plenty of time. :D

Archived