Snorkeling trips

Kew69

We are going on the Azura in March to the Caribbean. Can anybody recomend a snorkeling excusion which they consider to be the best.

Islands to visited are. Barbados,Curacao,Aruba,St.Maarten,Tortola,St.Kitts,Dominicia,St.Lucia,Grenada,

We are going on the Azura in March to the Caribbean. Can anybody recomend a snorkeling excusion which they consider to be the best.

Islands to visited are. Barbados,Curacao,Aruba,St.Maarten,Tortola,St.Kitts,Dominicia,St.Lucia,Grenada,

Hi, welcome to the boards, I can recommend swimming/snorkeling with the Turtles in Barbados.

Terry

The Champagne Reef snorkelling trip in Dominica has had good reviews. It's snorkelling over the bed of an old volcano, hence the bubbles, hence the title. My husband is going to do this one on our trip to the Caribbean, also in March.

Curacao: Spanish tug snorkel. Boat trip out to a sunken Spanish tug boat which has been colonised by many types of fish.

Aruba: De Palm Island all-inclusive day. Snorkel from a platform among the blue parrot fish, amazing.

Carol x

The Champagne Reef snorkelling trip in Dominica has had good reviews. It's snorkelling over the bed of an old volcano, hence the bubbles, hence the title. My husband is going to do this one on our trip to the Caribbean, also in March.

We did this trip a couple of years ago - it was fantastic, one of the best!

Louise

Lucky you! We have done most of our snorkeling in the Caribbean independently.

You can go to the Blue Monkey bar by bus in Barbados and snorkel from the beach out to where groups are feeding the turtles - not far to swim and fantastic experience.

In Curacao we went to Tug Boat site, and another site, and had a guide - but wouldn't recommend them as there were some communication problems. The water there was quite cold, so we needed wet suits.

In Tortola we got a taxi to Long Bay, walked right through the resort and down a path that took us to Smugglers Bay - about 30 mins walk, I think - snorkeling was fab there. We've also taken the ferry to Virgin Gorda and the shuttle bus to transfer to the baths. From there, head to your left and you get to a bay with great snorkeling.

In Dominica Champagne Reef is great - it's not far from Roseau so you could get a taxi.

St Lucia - a must do - one of the best trips we did - was to go to Anse Cochon. A dive boat picked us up from the ship terminal and took us by boat to the bay. Its better than going by road. Lunch was included in the trip and we could snorkel as much as we liked - FABULOUS. That was with Island Divers.

My OH thought this was a good snorkelling trip, which he did with a ship's tour once.

Jo.

Have a look at silver moon cruise and snorkle in Barbados . If you like fantastic service on a brilliant boat with a wonderful crew you cannot get better . Plus there are only 24 on the boat. ships Tours have twice as many passengers and are more expensive.

Archived