New Crown and Anchor Credits ??

I am sorry if this question has already been asked and answered but I thought I read somewhere that if you are Platinum with RCCL C&A those credits carry over onto Celebrity as "Select" for their Captains Club, is this correct still?? We have never cruised with Celebrity but there are a few cruises of interest to my husband and I we are considering for our 25th anniversary. If someone wouldn't mind answering this, it would be much appreciated and thanks alot.:

Yes, I would like clarification of this also.

If you had never sailed Celebrity, but were now Platinum with RCI, and you decided to sail on Celebrity for the first time, and so became Select with Celebrity, would you automatically get 5 cruise credits and so the next time you sailed with Celebrity you would be at 6 (if it was a normal cabin and less than 12 days)?

Yes, I would like clarification of this also.

If you had never sailed Celebrity, but were now Platinum with RCI, and you decided to sail on Celebrity for the first time, and so became Select with Celebrity, would you automatically get 5 cruise credits and so the next time you sailed with Celebrity you would be at 6 (if it was a normal cabin and less than 12 days)?

No, credits are not given for cruising the other line. Only your equivalent level is recognized. For example, if you are Platinum on RCI, never been on Celebrity, you would be Select on Celebrity with no Celebrity credits .

Greetings,

My wife and I are Diamond Members. We sailed on Celebrity last Feb for the first time. We were enrolled at the top tier of the Captians club. We were told that crusies on Celebrity would not count on RCCL's cruise count.

Caughrons

Stefanie: To my knowledge they did not change the reciprocity arrangement w/ the sister lines. That is Platinum transfers over to Select and Diamond transfers over to Elite w/ Celebrity. ;)

BrusselsGirl07: While you are provided reciprocity w/ the sister lines, you only garner cruise credits/days while sailing on each given line. So in your instance, you would be Select w/ 0 (zero) cruise credits until you have sailed w/ Celebrity (as clarea said).

Bruce

This is a great benefit, even without points. I took my first cruise on Celebrity as Elite and they are quite generous with their perks and recognition. I honestly almost felt like an imposter as so many of the elites were absolutely smitten and devoted to X.

Stefanie: To my knowledge they did not change the reciprocity arrangement w/ the sister lines. That is Platinum transfers over to Select and Diamond transfers over to Elite w/ Celebrity. ;)

BrusselsGirl07: While you are provided reciprocity w/ the sister lines, you only garner cruise credits/days while sailing on each given line. So in your instance, you would be Select w/ 0 (zero) cruise credits until you have sailed w/ Celebrity (as clarea said).

Bruce

Thanks so much for all the replys, it is much appreciated. Would we need to tell them our status when we booked or how else would they know what status we are??? It really shouldn't matter, but as long as we have now earned platinum status I would like to carry that over to Celebrity even if I don't have any cruises with them yet. thanks again

Thanks so much for all the replys, it is much appreciated. Would we need to tell them our status when we booked or how else would they know what status we are??? It really shouldn't matter, but as long as we have now earned platinum status I would like to carry that over to Celebrity even if I don't have any cruises with them yet. thanks again

Call up the phone number on the Celebrity website for the Captain's Club and give them your RC C&A number. They will issue you a Captain's Club number and it will give your correct status.

Our friends have has a few laughs in the last 6 months. They were on the Jewel TA with us in September and signed up for the C&A based on their Celebrity Elite status. He told me he was a diamond with an empty history and no cruise credits. Then after the cruise, he was a diamond with 1 cruise and 2 credits. Now he has 5 points and wonders how long before he becomes a Pinnacle member without cruising. Of course, the only sense he has is a sense of humor.

Call up the phone number on the Celebrity website for the Captain's Club and give them your RC C&A number. They will issue you a Captain's Club number and it will give your correct status.

Just confirming this with experience.

We are platinum C&A members who just booked a Celebrity cruise for December. I called the Captain's Club, gave them our C&A numbers, and we were given Captain's Club membership numbers. This then showed up on our reservation:

Membership Tier:Select

Credits Earned: 0

We are looking forward to trying Solstice.

Sue

Archived