ic in pom??

zoiesmom

I am finding a rate of 171 for this hotel on lmt. Is this a good deal or should I wait? I only need 1 night on mar 5. Also how much should I expect to pay for a cab to port in the am?

Rates for the Intercontinental seem to vary on LMT. There's no way to tell if the price will go down, or may go up. A cab from this hotel to the POM will be about $10.

I am finding a rate of 171 for this hotel on lmt. Is this a good deal or should I wait? I only need 1 night on mar 5. Also how much should I expect to pay for a cab to port in the am?

What is the hotel's website listing as the price?

Just checked, considering the rack rate is $380 and goes up to $700 I would say that is a good deal.

I've stayed at the IC for $119 a few years ago. It's a very nice upscale hotel but I much prefer the Hyatt for atmosphere and food options. Take a look at the menu options at the IC unless you plan on heading over to Bayside for all your meals. The Hyatt has a sports bar and a more relaxed cozy type atmosphere. The only reason we ended up at the Hyatt was the IC oversold their hotel and informed us at check in that they did not have a room for us. They paid for our room at the Hyatt, taxi fare and refunded our hotel stay with them. We also had a post cruise stay at the IC and we were guaranteed that they would take care of us when we arrived post cruise. They did in fact go above and beyond and placed us in one of their club rooms with full club priveledges. It was an incredible gesture on their part. However I still prefer a less upscale cozier type hotel so the Hyatt would be my first choice between the two :)

We stayed at the IC back in September and got the room for $95 on LMT. September is considered off season and it is a little less expensive. I have been watching the IC on LMT for a couple of months now and a couple of months ago it went up in price from $167 to $171. It has not budged since. I think if the IC is where you want to stay then $171 is a good price. The Hilton downtown is on LMT for $143. They just recently finished a huge renovation project of all their rooms.

Have fun!

I've stayed at the IC for $119 a few years ago. It's a very nice upscale hotel but I much prefer the Hyatt for atmosphere and food options. Take a look at the menu options at the IC unless you plan on heading over to Bayside for all your meals. The Hyatt has a sports bar and a more relaxed cozy type atmosphere. The only reason we ended up at the Hyatt was the IC oversold their hotel and informed us at check in that they did not have a room for us. They paid for our room at the Hyatt, taxi fare and refunded our hotel stay with them. We also had a post cruise stay at the IC and we were guaranteed that they would take care of us when we arrived post cruise. They did in fact go above and beyond and placed us in one of their club rooms with full club priveledges. It was an incredible gesture on their part. However I still prefer a less upscale cozier type hotel so the Hyatt would be my first choice between the two :)

There are so many great hotels in downtown Miami within walking distance of IC without having to dine at Bayside Market. I personally don't care for the restaurants at Bayside...too touristy. We love a little Italian restaurant 2 blocks from IC called Puntino's. In fact, we'll be dining there with about 20 of our friends in two weeks from tonight!

BTW, in answer to the OP question, that price for IC during peak season is an awesome price. Grab it!

Jo-Ann

Thanks, sort of like a priceline site, hummmmmm, def looking at it now.

Except you don't bid on LMT and sometimes they name the hotel ahead of time, sometimes they don't. If you need help figuring out a particular "unnamed" hotel, just ask. Most of us on CC can figure it out by the description.

I've used LMT many times and they are great to deal with.

Except you don't bid on LMT and sometimes they name the hotel ahead of time, sometimes they don't. If you need help figuring out a particular "unnamed" hotel, just ask. Most of us on CC can figure it out by the description.

I've used LMT many times and they are great to deal with.

Even better yet, let me dwell into the site and see what you guys can figure out for me and THANKS!

• 2 weeks later...
I booked the IC through LMT for $171 for the night, it came out to be closer to $200 with taxes. I hope it was a good choice but most of the hotels are booked already. How is parking at the hotel? Can you park there for the duration of the cruise?

IC seems to vary greatly depending on time of year. It's $34/a day I believe to leave your vehicle, so not very economic, probably better to leave it at the port garage.

Ouch...that is a little steep for parking. I think I'll just park at the port. Is there anywhere to eat within walking distance of the IC?

Bayside is right there with it's gang of restaurants. Other than that the only one I have heard highly recomended is Puntino's Italian.

Archived