Review of 150 Central Park Allure Of the Seas

We sailed on the Allure on January 16, 2011 and had the opportunity to eat at 150 Central Park. This exquisite setting off Central Park holds about 70 people. Chef Molly Brandt is a certified ProChef Level Three by the culinary Institute of America. To open our senses we were offered a cucumber martini which did exactly open our senses. That night the menu was Version B. This consisted of Shellfish Bloody Mary (Olive oil-pouched baby shrimp and baby clams, house made pickles, pale ale froth), Smoked Sweet Potato Veloute' (brown butter-Sherry cream, Serrano ham, almonds), Crispy Duck Cigar (Fig-cranberry marmalade , walnut butter and balsamic caramelized fresh fig), Pan-Seared Fillet of Sea Bass ( Fennel puree', red wind-port reduction, orange segments and fried capers), Beer Duo (Braised beef short rib, celeriac-pommes Anna, creamed Swiss chard Seared fillet mignon, braised red cabbage, mustard seeds au jus), Chocolate-Raspberry Crunch Cake with vanilla ice cream and a cheese selection. All were presented on small plates but combined very filling. The meal was beautifully presented and of gourmet quality. It was the best meal that I have ever eaten. Service was impeccable. Chef Brandt stopped by all tables to greet guest and see how we liked our meals. 150 Central Park is definitely worth the $35 cover charge.

CarlCruisesPlus, We had the same menu as yours on the January 9th sailing and it was absolutely phenomenal. What an incredible dining experience. Well worth the $35. I agree with it being one of the best meals ever. The cucumber martini was also incredible as you stated. Agree agree agree with your post.

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

I will be going on my first cruise on Allure in October, and I would love to dine at 150 - however I am a little confused as to the cost. Looking through reviews on this site, I have seen prices from $35 per person to $75 per person - which is quite a wide discrepancy. Can anyone shed some light on this, as I suspect it is a facet of cruising that I am not yet familiar with...

Thanks!

Hi there!

I will be going on my first cruise on Allure in October, and I would love to dine at 150 - however I am a little confused as to the cost. Looking through reviews on this site, I have seen prices from $35 per person to $75 per person - which is quite a wide discrepancy. Can anyone shed some light on this, as I suspect it is a facet of cruising that I am not yet familiar with...

Thanks!

The Chef's Table is $75pp.

OK, I found info on The Chef's Table - a totally different restaurant altogether. However, I have also heard mention in Chef's Table thread on this boad that 150 CP has an additional $75 charge to add wine pairings to the meal. Is that still correct? Making 150 CP $110 pp?

Thanks Breezey! I've not found anything about the Chef's table yet. How is it different from the standard dining?

We did Chef's table of Allure's 12/12/2010 sailing. It is limited to 14 people. The chef comes out and explains each course he will prepare. The portions are a nice size and there is wine that is paired with each course. The wine flows! :) Food was Excellant!! :). Cost was $75/person for Chef's Table and is paid for once on ship.

As a comparision to MDR, there is no comparision othere than to say it was a neat dining experience and the $75 cost was worth it. Would say that I would not want to pay $75 every night! Drank too much wine to be doing that nightly.

We felt that the Chef's table was better than 150 Central Park ,which we also tried on our 12/12/2010 sailing. We actually tried all the speciality restaurants and our favorites were Chef's Table and Samba's, then Giovani's, then Chop's with 150 Central Park bring our least favorite.

The cucumber martini was excellant in 150 Central Park. It is really a matter of preferences and you can have a completely differnent experience.

Our goal on this cruise was to NOT eat in MDR, but we did eat in MDR under MTD on the first formal night. Did NOT like the table placements at all. Too packed! We were packed in and the waiter had to turn sideways to clear the plates of DW which meant the waiter's butt was right up against the table for 2 next to us and vice versa. The second formal night we chose to try Samba's a second time.

Overall, though, 150 was an interesting dining experience with impecable service. To order wine pairing with the meal,I think was an extra $75. We passed and just ordered a glass of wine each for around $15/glass.:eek:

WOW! Thanks for the great info Shipshape. (Also, I adore your Don Hertzfeldt avatar - I have Rejected on DVD!) I think I am a bit intimidated by the idea of a 14 seat exclusive dining experience and think I would be more comfortable in the 150 CP setting. But on the other hand, I do enjoy wine and $15 for a glass is crazy steep pricing.

Since this is my first cruise, I fingure I will be in the MDR most often, though I am trying to read up and figure out costs and other places to try. There is so much to plan - luckily I have until October to get a handle on it all!

We are planning on going to 150 Central Park on the third day of our cruise coming up. Do you think we would get your B menu or would be getting A menu? Would you happen to know what is on the A menu?

Allure 150 Central Park, Menu A, Served Sun, Mon, Tues

Roasted Baby Beet Salad - Rye croutons, gorgonzola, soft boiled quail egg, shallot confit vinegarette

Lobster Bisque

Black & White Seafood Pasta - Mussels, calamari, piquilla peppers and zucchini ribbons, saffron sauce

Slow Baked Halibut - Wild rice risotto cake, seared porcinis, hericots verts and carrots, beure blanc sauce

Duck Two Ways - Seared duck breast, pancetta, baby turnips, braised dug leg with sweet cabbage and carmalized onion puree

150 Central Park Dessert Sampler

Cheese Selection

We sailed on the Allure on January 16, 2011 and had the opportunity to eat at 150 Central Park. This exquisite setting off Central Park holds about 70 people. Chef Molly Brandt is a certified ProChef Level Three by the culinary Institute of America. To open our senses we were offered a cucumber martini which did exactly open our senses. That night the menu was Version B. This consisted of Shellfish Bloody Mary (Olive oil-pouched baby shrimp and baby clams, house made pickles, pale ale froth), Smoked Sweet Potato Veloute' (brown butter-Sherry cream, Serrano ham, almonds), Crispy Duck Cigar (Fig-cranberry marmalade , walnut butter and balsamic caramelized fresh fig), Pan-Seared Fillet of Sea Bass ( Fennel puree', red wind-port reduction, orange segments and fried capers), Beer Duo (Braised beef short rib, celeriac-pommes Anna, creamed Swiss chard Seared fillet mignon, braised red cabbage, mustard seeds au jus), Chocolate-Raspberry Crunch Cake with vanilla ice cream and a cheese selection. All were presented on small plates but combined very filling. The meal was beautifully presented and of gourmet quality. It was the best meal that I have ever eaten. Service was impeccable. Chef Brandt stopped by all tables to greet guest and see how we liked our meals. 150 Central Park is definitely worth the $35 cover charge.

I just dined at 150 Central Park on Saturday night, and had the same menu as you. It was fantastic! Food was excellent, quality and presentation superb, and service top notch. Overall it was my best dining experience on the ship (although Chop's comes in a close 2nd). In fact I enjoyed 150 Central Park far more on ALLURE than OASIS. The menu was more suited to my taste on ALLURE, and perhaps I prefer the chef.

One interesting tidbit is we were presented with keepsake menus that actually had our names printed on them. Very nice! You only get these if you book and prepay in advance before your cruise.

Ernie

Hi there!

Thanks!

150 Central Park is $35 per person, however there is a wine pairing you can add for $75 per person. From what others have said, most of the servers don't mind if you just order one wine pairing and share the wine, giving each of you half the glass per pairing.

Chef's Table is a flat $75 per person that does include the wine pairing.

• 2 weeks later...

I will not be eating at 150 Central Park- I'm too picky an eater- no seafood, don't eat duck, etc. However I love a good cocktail!! Does anyone know if the famous cucumber martini is available anywhere else, or if you can just go there for cocktails? Thanks.

First time cruiser on RC, sailing on the Allure in December - how far out can you make the dinner reservations?

Can you also make reservations to the shows prior to your cruise date? Thanks!

You can make yoiur dining and show reservations once you have made your final payment. Make sure you do that because on our cruise there were all kinds of people absolultely screaming at the guest services staff because they were not able to make any reservations once they were on board.

I will not be eating at 150 Central Park- I'm too picky an eater- no seafood, don't eat duck, etc. However I love a good cocktail!! Does anyone know if the famous cucumber martini is available anywhere else, or if you can just go there for cocktails? Thanks.

The Trellis Bar in Central Park supports all the speciality restaurants in that area so I'm sure you can order your cucumber martini there.

Archived