Sun Princess and Brisbane

Debsta

Where does the Sun Princess dock in Brisbane?....specifically on it's arrival back from the Cherry Blossom cruise on 14 April 2011.

Guess who's going to dinner for 2 nights with my Diamond cruising buddies :p

Where can I stay the night before? Suggestions? Closeness? Might be nice to see her come in! But first things first, where does she berth?

Not even back a week and I'm booked on something soon....I'm so funny!

According to the Brisbane Cruise Ship Schedule, it will dock at Portside on 14 April.

If you want to be close there is a motel within walking distance - Kingsford Smith Motel and nearby Best Western Airport Hacienda, Aerolodge International and Quality Hotel Airport International. Sorry I don't know what they are like but many pax stay at Kingsford Smith Motel.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&rlz=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=kingsford+smith+motel+hamilton+brisbane&fb=1&gl=au&hq=kingsford+smith+motel&hnear=Hamilton+QLD&cid=0,0,1443676370347395400&ei=wo5CTcK7EpC-vgPSpZy4AQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CDAQnwIwAQ

Just a thought Deb......

Do you need to overnight?

Take it you are flying from Sydney to Brisbane, so you could get a flight that arrived mid morning and go straight to the ship.

Would not reccomend doing that at an overseas destination, but seeing its such a short flight it maybe OK.

We fly over from NZ on the same day if we are joining a ship in Sydney.

Its still nice overnighting though, especially if your stay includes a full brekky:D...and at least you will know , that you will not miss the ship.:eek:

Deb,

There isn't anywhere you can stay where you can see the ship coming in. You have to walk down to Portside to do that. But from some of those motels it isn't far.

PS. The motels are all basic fare, don't expect anything flash! Some may pick you up from the airport if arriving before 5pm, but make sure you get that in writing with your booking or by email with them.

Thanks for your tips everyone.

Dave, it was just a thought....any excuse for another night away from the grind :eek: I'll probably fly up that morning and keep the money for a massage onboard :D It's study year again......weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and we all know I need CruiseCritic (and future cruise thoughts) to get me through those loooooooooooooooooong essay nights :p

Just a thought Deb......

Take it you are flying from Sydney to Brisbane, so you could get a flight that arrived mid morning and go straight to the ship.

Would not reccomend doing that at an overseas destination, but seeing its such a short flight it maybe OK.

Its still nice overnighting though, especially if your stay includes a full brekky:D...and at least you will know , that you will not miss the ship.:eek:

If we're cruising from Sydney we tend to fly down from Brisbane the day before, even if we do it in the evening after work. It always seems to be a bit of a rush to fly down on the morning of the cruise. We much prefer to wake up in Sydney had have time to leisurely make our way to the wharf.

Just a thought Deb......

If we're cruising from Sydney we tend to fly down from Brisbane the day before, even if we do it in the evening after work. It always seems to be a bit of a rush to fly down on the morning of the cruise. We much prefer to wake up in Sydney had have time to leisurely make our way to the wharf.

Just to clarify..... We have time on our side , flying from Ak to Sydney, so we can leave early in the morning and be in Sydney 8.30 /9.00 ish. We look at each cruise on its own merits and if the next port is say Melb/Bris we know we can easily catch up with the ship is anything went wrong. If the first port was an overseas one and required an International flight to catch up, we would definetly arrive the night before.

I did this exact same cruise last year.

We booked early flights from sydney on the day of sailing with virgin. We were told on checking in our flight had been cancelled. We could get on a flight at around 2pm or fly to the gold coast and make our own way to Brisbane, which we did. It was a harrowing experience more so for my friend who had never cruised.

We did make it on time and had a brilliant time.

Archived